PDA

View Full Version : Nyko Intercooler

SPARTAN VI
01-09-2007, 12:46 PM
They're $15 at NewEgg.com and CircuitCity. Versus $20-$25 everywhere else.

I brought this up at [H]ard|OCP and they're spitting reports of intercoolers causing problems with X360s.

Already purchased one at CC last night. TheCovenant has one too and it seems it may have saved his 'box.

Of the 4 Xbox360s we've had...TheCovenant, MatrixMaul, Koopa, and myself. All 4 have broken. Mine was the first one bought, and the last one out. :bang:

Reclaimer
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I bought my 360 as a gift to myself on father's day. I bought the intercooler the same day and it's been installed since day one. No problems.

SPARTAN VI
01-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I bought my 360 as a gift to myself on father's day. I bought the intercooler the same day and it's been installed since day one. No problems.

Rock on, Rec. I'm glad I can leave for like a year, come back, and the same people are still around (sans the D12).

Anyhow, it seems like the usual problem-phenomena. People are always quick to complain about problems, and slow to praise. I'm just hoping it was a few isolated cases, and probably user error.

Slacker
01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
The thing with the Intercoolers is , you Have to make sure the 360 power cord is clicked into the into cooler and secure and also make sure the inter cooler itself is very snug into your 360 , the only time I ever had any problems with my 360 was when the intercooler wasn't all the way connected ,
also if you move your 360 around allot I would just stick with a fan stand , because the more you take and put back on the intercooler the more the connection gets degraded and you lose some power and then you get some freezes ,

ChessPieceFace
01-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I used to have an intercooler on my X360. But after reading the Xbox formus about it I realized it is not an authorized product by microsoft. So being powered by the power cord it could arc and fry your system and if it does all your warranty's will not cover it. I thought it definately kept my xbox cooler but Im not taking the risk anymore.

thatdude222
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
my xbox has worked problem-free for over a year, so i dont think ill need it, but if i do, would you reccomend the intercooler?

ChessPieceFace
01-11-2007, 06:08 PM
my xbox has worked problem-free for over a year, so i dont think ill need it, but if i do, would you reccomend the intercooler?

it works but it is a risk, if your xbox does go down the microsoft rep will ask if you have one of those hooked up, if you do it is not licensed product it will void the warrenty

cdg5551
01-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I had an intercooler but it broke. Anyway I've heard somthing about the overheating problem was fixed:confused:

Reclaimer
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
it works but it is a risk, if your xbox does go down the microsoft rep will ask if you have one of those hooked up, if you do it is not licensed product it will void the warrenty

Then you lie your ass off and get your system fixed on warranty.

So ****ing what anyway if they call you back and say you'll have to pay for repairs because they think you're lying or they can tell you had an intercooler. It's still cheaper than buying a whole new 360.

ChessPieceFace
01-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Then you lie your ass off and get your system fixed on warranty.

So ****ing what anyway if they call you back and say you'll have to pay for repairs because they think you're lying or they can tell you had an intercooler. It's still cheaper than buying a whole new 360.

Yea you could lie on the phone, but they way it arcs in the power cord it melts the connection they would know maybe

Reclaimer
01-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Yea you could lie on the phone, but they way it arcs in the power cord it melts the connection they would know maybe

You don't tell them all that. You tell them that it just flat out broke and it doesn't turn on anymore. Play along with them, do whatever they want, but omit the electrical problem.

They'll set you up to ship it somewhere right? I seriously doubt they'll call you back on it to call you a liar.
IF they do call you back, they'll just say that you need to pay for the repairs because they think it's not a warranty issue since they've looked at the thing.

You say fine because it's cheaper than buying a new 360 and then it's a done deal.

Or, what if they tell you to take it somewhere that's an authorized repair shop.
You tell them you can't drive so you need to ship it somewhere.

One final note on this issue..
Get a store warranty. I just called the guy at Gamestop last night just because of this thread.
I have a store warranty for my 360. It doesn't matter if I punt the thing across the room, they have to fix it or send a replacement* unit.
So in the unlikely chance that the intercooler sets your 360 ablaze, put it on the store warranty. They're all mostly the same.

x187x KusToMz
01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
mine works ok its just loud and its bad lol still plays fine

thatdude222
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
my warranty is already expired, so no loss

CrazyCougar
01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Me personally..I would NEVER put a piece of hardware onto another piece of hardware that piggy backs the power source. Thats just, well to put it blunt, plain stupid. The guy that designed this is laughing his arse off at all the schmucks who bought it. NYKO is paying dearly as they are replacing all the 360's that have been affected by this design flaw.

For anyone that is having problems due to the piggy back intercooler, contact NYKO. They will replace your 360 free of charge. You'll have to send them the original 360 of course.

HaZarD SFD
01-15-2007, 10:04 AM
So if I buy one and it mucks up my 360 I can get a new one for free?

WOOOT!