PDA

View Full Version : X-box problem

--LadyBug--
01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
If this question is in the wrong forum sorry, i'm a noob.

Ok i'll try to make a long story short! I bought my 5 year old nephew a xbox for christmas last year (2005). Today he said his xbox will not work. I went & hooked everything up correctly and double checked everything. When I turned the unit on I only see black fuzz on the tv screen. No clock..no green logo....NOTHING.

Do anyone know what could be the problem?

I know nothing at all about xbox, just bought it as a gift. Thanks.

wulkar
01-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Call

1-800-4my-xbox

its customer support and i am sure they can help you out.

and you are in the right forum as well.

Reclaimer
01-14-2007, 02:27 AM
If this question is in the wrong forum sorry, i'm a noob.

Ok i'll try to make a long story short! I bought my 5 year old nephew a xbox for christmas last year (2005). Today he said his xbox will not work. I went & hooked everything up correctly and double checked everything. When I turned the unit on I only see black fuzz on the tv screen. No clock..no green logo....NOTHING.

Do anyone know what could be the problem?

I know nothing at all about xbox, just bought it as a gift. Thanks.

What does the Xbox console itself do when you turn it on? Does the ring of light turn on? Is it green? Is it orange or red?

If it's orange, that means it's a user fixable problem like a cable in the back is loose.
It it's red, t means it's a system problem and it needs repair.
If nothing comes on at all and it's just dead, then it's a catastrophic problem and you're probably buying a new Xbox. Make sure the outlet is working first though.

If it comes on green and the TV is black or you get white snow, then your TV has a problem because the Xbox is working.

Remember, we're looking for the color of the light ring around the eject button.
By the way, if it's red and you can get video, theres an error code on the screen too that you'll need to tell the Microsoft reps in India.

Things to do:
Take the game out of the system and try it on a different TV. Try a different cable too. Try a different wall switch.

--LadyBug--
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Reclaimer: When I turn it on there is no light. (on the ring-which supose to be green). And nothing on the screen, but fuzz. I changed outlets and use different tv's.

Thanks for both of your help greatly appreciated! I know nothing about xbox systems.

I feel bad my nephew can't play his games. I guess i'll get him the 360. Thanks again.

Reclaimer
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Reclaimer: When I turn it on there is no light. (on the ring-which supose to be green). And nothing on the screen, but fuzz. I changed outlets and use different tv's.

Thanks for both of your help greatly appreciated! I know nothing about xbox systems.

I feel bad my nephew can't play his games. I guess i'll get him the 360. Thanks again.

Wow..
So no matter what TV you plug it into, when you power the Xbox up it nothing happens on the Xbox, but the TV changes to fuzz.

Is this fuzz a distorted signal of some sort, or is it TV snow. Is the TV normally like that before you turn on the Xbox, or when you press the Xbox power button, the TV changes to fuzz.

That's what confuses me because technically, if there is no light on the Xbox, there is no power leaving the powersupply. That means there is no video signal being processed by the Xbox to the TV.

The power supply feeds the motherboard, the DVD and the hard drive directly. The on switch gets power fromt he motherboard.
So the wall outlet is good, electricity goes from the wall to the Xbox.. but from there we don't know what happens.

If the TV changes to fuzz when you turn on the Xbox despite there being no light turning on, that means the motherboard is getting power and the video processor is getting some power, or at least the AV connector is getting power.

Sorry to make you read all this just to tell you that there's nothing really that you can do unless you have a store warranty that lasts more than a year. The original warranty has most likely expired by now.

Before the hurricane destroyed my Xbox (and all my belongings) I did all sorts of frankenstein work to mine. Bigger fans, lights, bigger hard drive and all sorts of neat stuff, so that's how I know all this crap.

ll Mista GT ll
01-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Before the hurricane destroyed my Xbox (and all my belongings) I did all sorts of frankenstein work to mine. Bigger fans, lights, bigger hard drive and all sorts of neat stuff, so that's how I know all this crap.

Me too rec, mines all modified, but siting under my bed.

Damn though, what store did you buy it from? I bet they just ripped you off.