PDA

View Full Version : Well Feb. was awash

Brevity
03-01-2002, 08:51 AM
I thought like all of you that many cool games would be do out this Feb. and you no what we got shyt. And the ones that did come out were not good. I should know I have played them all. So I wonder how disapointed I will be this time next month? I hate telling people well the Xbox has some cool game coming in the future. Like only one is worth its wait in gold right now. Can you guess which???? I will give you a hint; you can play it no the net. And there are no known codes for it. And part two to it is light years away. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 09:11 AM
Dude, what are you smokin?:eek:
Febuary was a hot month for our beloved green machine!
I bought two games this month:
Genma Onimusha & WWF RAW. Now im not all that happy with RAW, but im happy for the sales numbers it posted!
Also there were other note worthy releases in Febuary:
Jet Set Radio Future
Wreckless
UFC TapOut, ect.

Wake up sunshine! Open your eyes!;)

El Pollo Loco
03-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Hey ninja, how do u like genma onimusha?

FpS_PhReeK
03-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Previously posted by: Ninja Scroll---Now im not all that happy with RAW, but im happy for the sales numbers it posted!

Why the heII do you care what kind of sales numbers that peice of s]-[it posted.... got some personal connection to the profits involved?

Anyway, I am not a fanboy of the friggin software developers, I do back my Hardware - Xbox is solid, but Software developers need to get their a$$es in tow and start producing, I bought RAW and Wreckless, and both of them were not even worth buying they got sent back to EB.

I am sooooo happy that THPS3 and RalliSport Challenge are coming out next week, it will give see something to do while I continue to wait for Conflict Desert Storm, Brute Force and Yeager. My Xbox has done a lot of DVD playing and sitting turned off due to lack of software.

PhReeK out!

Chr0nik
03-01-2002, 11:41 AM
RAW had crazy sales numbers for the sole fact that we "the gamers" expected so much out of it.

RAW sucked, but THQ still racked in the cash.

I don't see how they could have not intentionally messed this one up, come on, look at the upcoming Gamecube title Wrestlemania X8, this seems to include all the features we wanted.

THQ gave us a reaming on this one.

As for the other titles released, Wreckless was OK, but not what I expected, wanted something more like Carmageddon.

Genma= no idea, never did any research

UFC Tapout = Greatest game to date, next to HALO.

Woocifer
03-01-2002, 12:00 PM
I found UFC to be a sad attempt since it was not running at 60 fps, or if it was the developers made it possible so that the guys moved too ticky. And what I found was funny is that during any of the times I was on the floor with the other fighters, whoever was on top would flicker in and out. And there was no depth...I beat the game modes in minutes. I mean MINUTES! after 5 minutes I was ready to put it on the dust pile.

I actually find the DC version more fluid and interesting...anyway that's beside the point, Feb. turned out to be kinda limp because what we thought was coming out was a little pushed back. I played some of the releases and they've already been traded...the sad thing is RAW is the only one from this month that I have been playing a lot of and only because of the multiplayer. It sucks yes, but its funny :) I have two midget wrestlers, Tattoo(from fantasy island) and Minime, and this 8'11 guy called George the Stallion who looks like Rocky from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I boosted his speed so he moves at a million miles an hour, and its funny to watch him try to STEP on the midgets dancing at his feet. It's not good...but its funny :)

But I traded my UFC for NFL Fever 2002 when I got it because Fever just seems to be put together better and I will find more replay from it.

I say give it a little time...Hunter looks amazing and will be great for multiplayer, Morrowind looks promising as a deep game, Rallisport looks really nice and sounds like its going to incorporate a lot of cool things, Pro Race Driver coming in a little while looks absolutely amazing and will definitely boost the racing genre on the Xbox. As for other titles like Yeager and Brute Force, I don't know what to think about them...they give me the same feeling as when I saw New Legends the first time. Looks cool...but in the end fell way too short.

Just a little more time and patience I guess...I'm kinda scraping at the walls but when I think about it, I've owned 16 games since the launch. That is rediculous! It's only been a few months and I've owned 16 games? That's about half of what my usual library consists of on any other console.

Anyways, give it a little time :)
Take it easy!

PS: no offence on others opinions...it seems I HAVE to put this now :( LATER!

AvedisZ
03-01-2002, 12:31 PM
The more I play Raw the less I like it. Have to get the IC title than I unlock Durst. After I beat him a few times Raw will probably sit on the shelf and collect dust with the rest of my Xbox games(Halo, MX2002, DOA3) Halo is cool, but I've played the hell out of it. MX2002 was a bummer, DOA3 was ok. I'm REALLY looking forward to Rallisport, Agent Under Fire and Mortal Kombat DA.

Woocifer
03-01-2002, 12:38 PM
I agree with you, RAW isn't really going to be a long term thing hehe And yeah I sympathize with the Halo thing...played until dull :)

You should try Dave Mirra 2, it was actually really fun. It runs really smooth and the levels are pretty huge. I enjoyed it.

As for other games I'm not sure what to recommend anymore...I can only recommend you get a lot of friend and play them together because with a little beer, some munchies and a bunch of friends, the games can get way better.

Sports games are always a safe bet too...major replay value.

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Personally, I love UFC Tapout...great fun...but, nothing comes close to playing Halo. If you haven't played Halo on Gamespy, then, you haven't really come close to getting enough of the game.

I thought I was "Mr. Bad Ass" at Halo until I went on-line. At first, I was getting my ass handed to me and put in a sling....now, I am doing that to others and have increased my skills dramatically.

The game is even more impressive in HDTV Widescreen!! WOW!!!! Amped is my #2 game...I love that little guy! :D

Woocifer
03-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Halo runs like dog**** on Gamespy on my connection... I dont know why entirely, but I have a feeling its just because it wasn't made for cable connection so its not going to run properly on cable.

Even with a friend just down the road, a 10 ping, I still get at least 2% packet loss and a regular up/down of 30-55k....

still it runs ticky and bad...

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Halo runs like dog**** on Gamespy on my connection... I dont know why entirely, but I have a feeling its just because it wasn't made for cable connection so its not going to run properly on cable.

Even with a friend just down the road, a 10 ping, I still get at least 2% packet loss and a regular up/down of 30-55k....

still it runs ticky and bad...

Dude, that's really wierd. I would email Gamespy and ask them what might be the problem. I can run a total of three XBoxes with mutliple people on them with my cable connection..no lag whatsoever. As long as I keep it under 150ms, my opponents won't adhere to any lag...zero packet loss, too.

Well, I can't say that there won't be an occasional blip here and there...but, it's very rare and cetainly doesn't weight the outcome of the game. So, if I were you, I would email Gamespy and see what might be wrong.

Did you configure your Tunnel Software? That could be the problem, too...maybe something else...but, that is very unusual.

Also, keep in mind that there is another one that is supposedly better at www.xboxconnector.com . Check them out...I haven't see it first hand yet, but, I will tomorrow...and I have been hearing great things about them! :)

Toder
03-01-2002, 02:07 PM
I found UFC to be a sad attempt since it was not running at 60 fps, or if it was the developers made it possible so that the guys moved too ticky. And what I found was funny is that during any of the times I was on the floor with the other fighters, whoever was on top would flicker in and out. And there was no depth...I beat the game modes in minutes. I mean MINUTES! after 5 minutes I was ready to put it on the dust pile.

I have never seen any of the wrestlers flicker in and out when playing this game. The only thing i notice is that when there being announced the seems to some fastline that happens sometimes. And on the other who care if you can beat a career mode in Five minutes with one wrestler the idea was to watch all the matches that happen in the tournament and that takes alot longer. Plus you should of tried to beat it with everybody instead of just one guy. Thats where the real challenge is. Because if you do beat it with every guy you unlock more secrete characters like Bruce Buffer, Big John McCarthy, and Mario Yamaski. so if you would of tried any of these it wouldn't of taken you minutes but hours upon hours of playing time.

So UFC is one one the games iI bought this month that I consider to be great and I also bout JSRFthe last day of Feb. and it to is also a great game with tons of playing time.

E-Xbox
03-01-2002, 02:18 PM
feb was awesome
i got raw....
and i love it...
in march i will be gettin thps 3 and 007

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
Hey ninja, how do u like genma onimusha?

The game is a f'n beast El Pollo! It's not a direct PoS2 port. he graphics are cleaned up wih improvements, new costumers, brand NEW enemies.. like the little evil doll baby in the Xbox Genma commercial.
It's a little like Resident Evil, except that there is more action and less on the puzzles.
I recommend this to any Xbox owner who is a fan of the RE series and action/adventure type gerned games.
It sweet yo~! :)

darianX
03-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

The game is a f'n beast El Pollo! It's not a direct PoS2 port. he graphics are cleaned up wih improvements, new costumers, brand NEW enemies.. like the little evil doll baby in the Xbox Genma commercial.
It's a little like Resident Evil, except that there is more action and less on the puzzles.
I recommend this to any Xbox owner who is a fan of the RE series and action/adventure type gerned games.
It sweet yo~! :)

**** straight dude! That game was great, I don't care WHAT the reviewers said, they didn't play the game that I played. Plus, JSRF did make February, and that game positively rocks....haven't seen or played Raw, but the Wreckless demo was pretty cool though

kornavs19
03-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Id say the gaming will go crazy once Grand Theft Auto III comes out. That is 1 of the hottest games to ever hit a console....

Plewis
03-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Brute Force looks steller, and all the RPG's... but one thing i havent seen on the xbox is a sim game, but i dont like them anyways. There are a bunch of games that show a lot of promise

Woocifer
03-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Wreckless was a flat tire... if they made it like they did Driver, it would have been a better game. It's not like GTA3 at all, and I think whoever coined this idea should be dragged to the street and shot(a la Garfield).

It had good ideas...it's graphics, and I'm sick of hearing otherwise, were fuzzy and muddled. They weren't hi res, they were very fuzzy and smeared. When I first started playing the game I thought I was losing my vision...but its only because other games are actually sharp compared to it.

UFC btw, is not deep at all. Beating the game with the 27 fighters is as boring as watching the xbox play itself, and the reason for this is the same kind of gameplay over and over again. The sound in it was HORRIFIC!!!! I thought people were just being silly, but my god the sound is so painful to listen to on a good system with any bass...there's no MID! Its all tinny bass.

And the hidden characters are boring...where are the past champions which we all would like to see like Gracie, Abott, Shamrock, and that other guy with the funny name hahaha Anyway the game was a scam... at least in the DC version you had to build your guy up and go through tough trials to make him the level of UFC. This new one you just make the guy as strong and fast as you like...what's the point in that?? I still would rather play the DC version because it didn't make my ears bleed or bore me to tears.

Maybe it's because I'm not so immersed in the world of UFC because I haven't bothered to get illegal sattelite connections, but personally the game is junk, no matter what label you put on it.

LynxFX
03-01-2002, 04:46 PM
The only game I bought this month and love is Wreckless.

It is a blast to just drive around in and explore. There are so many hidden tunnels and passageways and jumps that this game definately deserves a second look if you only played it a few times. The cities are huge and highly detailed and the graphics are incredible. I find it quite funny how people start to complain when games start adding realistic effects like haze, fog, fumes, smoke etc because it makes it harder to see. Duh, that is the point and I can guarantee that you will start to see it in alot more games. I'm not saying that Wreckless all in itself is dead on realistic looking but it definately has its own look which is worth noting. Give us a cheat to get rid of the time limit and let us free roam and this game will probably be my #1 game. :eek:

My only complaints are that it isn't widescreen (like most games out :rolleyes:) and that it doesn't have a free roam feature. At least one of these can be fixed with a cheat, hopefully.

I'm definately looking forward to Brute Force, MK5, and Ureal Championship.

thunderkiss2k1
03-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Wreckless was a flat tire... if they made it like they did Driver, it would have been a better game. It's not like GTA3 at all, and I think whoever coined this idea should be dragged to the street and shot(a la Garfield).

It had good ideas...it's graphics, and I'm sick of hearing otherwise, were fuzzy and muddled. They weren't hi res, they were very fuzzy and smeared. When I first started playing the game I thought I was losing my vision...but its only because other games are actually sharp compared to it.

UFC btw, is not deep at all. Beating the game with the 27 fighters is as boring as watching the xbox play itself, and the reason for this is the same kind of gameplay over and over again. The sound in it was HORRIFIC!!!! I thought people were just being silly, but my god the sound is so painful to listen to on a good system with any bass...there's no MID! Its all tinny bass.

And the hidden characters are boring...where are the past champions which we all would like to see like Gracie, Abott, Shamrock, and that other guy with the funny name hahaha Anyway the game was a scam... at least in the DC version you had to build your guy up and go through tough trials to make him the level of UFC. This new one you just make the guy as strong and fast as you like...what's the point in that?? I still would rather play the DC version because it didn't make my ears bleed or bore me to tears.

Maybe it's because I'm not so immersed in the world of UFC because I haven't bothered to get illegal sattelite connections, but personally the game is junk, no matter what label you put on it.

That is YOUR opinion, man, and you are entitled to it. Everyone else, including me, liked UFC. And if you think the graphics in Wreckless are "blurry" , maybe you should have your tv looked at to see if something is wrong with it. I guess the speed blur effect takes some getting used to. And no, im not flaming you, just disagreeing with you. :)

TEA
03-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Did everybody forget NBA2K2?This game is pretty good and pretty addictive and a good hold over until the next batch of green cookies come to the Xbox.Good B-Baller