PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator

Mahlon
03-01-2002, 12:16 PM
I've owned my Xbox for a week and I'm hooked on my only game, Halo. Has anyone ever heard of the possibilty of Microsoft putting Flight Simulator on the Xbox?:D

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Not sure about Flight Simulator...however, have you taken Halo on-line with Gamespy yet? If you haven't, you are missing out!!

Xtopia
03-01-2002, 12:51 PM
I have all of the MS flight simulators and love them! I have a yoke, and I "fly" on it alot! In fact, I start flying lessons this week w/ a cessna 172...would prefer a 152 but my airport does not have one:mad: But anyway, I doubt they will ever be put on the box for a few reasons:
It seems to me all console games have some sort of a plot, and as you know the MS flight sims dont have any plot--this is not a bad thing
Expanding on the above poing, the MS flight sims are educational....they are....I have learned about wheather, geography, etc. I dont think that would sell well on the xbox...once again I am not dissing the xbox I love it!:D I just don't think that a flight simulator would sell well on the xbox. However, If MS did make it...I would be the first person to buy it!
If you do ever hear anything about the MS flight sims comin' to the xbox...POST it! I would want to know! :)

melon
03-01-2002, 01:28 PM
I love the MS Flight Simulators, they should make it for XBox, but maybe it's more of a computer type game with all the controls....i think a flight sim was supposed to come out for dreamcast by MS, but never did.

Xtopia
03-01-2002, 02:21 PM
I love the MS Flight Simulators, they should make it for XBox, but maybe it's more of a computer type game with all the controls....i think a flight sim was supposed to come out for dreamcast by MS, but never did.

Wow! I never heard of an MS flight sim for DC! that would have been cool! I sure hopes it comes to the xbox! I would def get it!

Snoopy7548
03-01-2002, 02:26 PM
ms flight sim is the worst game ever, is there really a need to use every single key on the keyboard?

FlyBoy
03-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
I have all of the MS flight simulators and love them! I have a yoke, and I "fly" on it alot! In fact, I start flying lessons this week w/ a cessna 172...would prefer a 152 but my airport does not have one:mad:

Good luck with your lessons xtopia! I learned in a Piper Tomahawk and fly 172's all the time now(you'll be sooo glad you're in a 172 rather than 152-they're really slow). I enjoy all the simulator programs also but I don't think it would do too well on xbox.

If you ever need help with your training, email or IM me, I can probably answer most of your questions. I have a VFR license now, working on my IFR, hopefully a CFI by next summer. :D

Sorry, a little off the subject but I'm excited someone on the boards is learning to fly!

Xtopia
03-01-2002, 04:19 PM
If you ever need help with your training, email or IM me, I can probably answer most of your questions. I have a VFR license now, working on my IFR, hopefully a CFI by next summer.

Thanks, for encouragement! I also think it is cool that I am not the only guy interested in flight on this board! I am also glad to hear you like the 172. I hope i will! Good luck w/your Instrument rating! And ill take you up on the help offer!:)