JJaX
03-01-2002, 02:32 PM
you need fire.......

kornavs19
03-01-2002, 02:33 PM
lol

Plewis
03-01-2002, 02:34 PM
you can... not gonna be responsible for u breaking the law so i wont tell ya how

SnOoPy
03-01-2002, 02:35 PM
You can't burn XBox games & play them on the XBox, it not possible.. YET!

JimmieDoogan
03-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Bad bombin pal-y boy. I'd seriously suggest you NOT talk about RIPPING off our favorite console. Your lookin to lie in a ditch fer that one boy!

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 02:39 PM
I'd rather pay for the product that all of the developers' hard work was put into. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't even do it for a back up...I don't need back ups...I treat my games like gold, as they should.

kornavs19
03-01-2002, 02:41 PM
i wouldnt do it im just askn.. thats how i c it thats retarded to do that cause they worked so hard and i aint goanna b an ass and i knw its illeagal

rr9597
03-01-2002, 04:12 PM
We all believe u?

Woocifer
03-01-2002, 04:38 PM
I'd rather pay for something that is worth while, but I felt ripped off on a couple occaisions with crappy games... I buy what is good, but the only way to find out is either wait till crappy Blockbuster finally puts it on their shelves, or buy the **** thing and then get ****ed out of money because they think you are copying them when you take them back to a store. It's a pain...

E-Xbox
03-01-2002, 07:10 PM
so far.....
i will quote ralph wiggum

thats unpossible

HaloUK
03-01-2002, 07:18 PM
I have loads of 'backups' for my previous systems but I'm not interested in any for XBox.

Why? Well, I want the XBox to survive and I want each game I play on it to feel special. I like the idea of people hacking the XBox so you can play MP3s, VCDs and emulators but I'm not interested in pirate XBox games.

morgan_rhys
03-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Gotta agree with HaloUK- It kinda irks me that I have to keep my old DVD player around so I can watch my VCD collection (television episodes - no feature films) when I have my Xbox which is sooo much nicer and has component hookups to my tv etc... plus the fact that I can't play my mix disks with it sucks too.

But that aside, NO, even if a mod-chip or something similar came out I wouldn't get one. If I want to play a game I don't want to buy I'll rent it.

Razor70
03-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Man I can't believe someone even posted this question. I for one have never ever done anything that is illegal. Heck I don't even burn cd's of music. I will download a song to see if I am going to like it and then if I do I go out and buy the music. CD Burners were the worst invention in along time. But alas they are here to stay, but as things are going I don't see them lasting much longer though. That's just my opinion.

Crazy Joe
03-01-2002, 10:42 PM
you don't see CD-Burners lasting much longer? are you kidding me? they will replace the 3 1/2" floppy disk before too long, they aren't just for music or bootleg games you know, transferring huge amounts of data can be done on CDs

Plewis
03-01-2002, 10:51 PM
my laptop doesnt even have a 3 1/2 floppy.

Frostberg
03-01-2002, 11:03 PM
my computer has never had a floppy drive...thanks to the good ol' CD burner!

Razor70
03-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Okay Okay I am sorry I guess I worded that wrong..I don't see Cd Burners lasting for illegal copying is what I mean. With the new technology coming out in the future, cd's will not be able to be copied correctly. It's gonna go the same way that video tape did with Macrovision. Didn't mean to rall everyone up on the no more cd burner thing. But I still think they were the worst invention ever. It's like handing the keys to a lock case full of diamonds to a thief and then turning your back on them. But not everyone uses them for illegal stuff so you are right. Sorry.

Frostberg
03-01-2002, 11:39 PM
I just started using one because I owned a ZIP 100 and then later I foolishly purchased a ZIP 250 drive and then figured out I could put 700MBs on a cd for 20 cents a disc...

HaloUK
03-02-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Razor70
It's gonna go the same way that video tape did with Macrovision.

I'm sorry but that didn't change anything - there are simple ways to get past most 'protection', including macrovision.
Yeah, CD writers are gonna die out eventually but only to be replaced by DVD writers.

I don't think writers are as evil as you make out. In the past I have bought numerous games that I already own copies of - I always thought if something is quality then it deserves to be bought. After all, if you really like the games that one specific company are producing then it's onlt natural that you want them to prosper and continue making the games you love.

The worst thing I have found about owning copies is that when you have hundreds of games for one system not only do you not have the time to dedicate to playing them but you become bored with new games faster and find it hard to be excited by them. I have so many great DC games that I have only played for half an hour or so.

So, as I said above, I am not interested in any form of XBox pirating. I want to savour my games and see the XBox go from strength to strength.