PDA

View Full Version : MadCatz or Microsoft

Cobalt
03-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey guys, got another question. Which do you think is better, the MadCatz peripherals, or Microsoft ones? I'm wondering, because if there is no difference, I'm just going to stick with Microsoft, figuring, that they know the system better than MadCatz do. If one of them is better, please tell me why. Thanks.

GokuX
03-01-2002, 02:41 PM
MS, it's first party, and it's probably a higher quality construction. U get what U pay for.

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Microsoft is better, in my opinion. But, then again, I'm against buying 3rd party controllers.

Plewis
03-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Microsoft is better, in my opinion. But, then again, I'm against buying 3rd party controllers.

amen to that... I agree with Maximus

RudedogX
03-01-2002, 02:48 PM
i have both, personally, i prefer the mad catz. I just like the feel of the controller better than the MS one.

Cobalt
03-01-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I noticed that MadCatz S-Vdeo connector was gold plated, on the end where it fits into the X-Box. I heard this makes some kind of difference. Is this true?

GokuX
03-01-2002, 02:55 PM
I think it's supposed to help reduce signal loss, by being more conductive or something.

Chr0nik
03-01-2002, 04:59 PM
I have 2 MS and 2 Madcatz

I always use the MS myself, the madcatz are only used on Friday nights for my lame ass friends to play with, if they break em, I wont feel as bad.

I find the Madcatz buttons "Stick" a bit, the response is not as smooth.

Spaztic
03-01-2002, 05:15 PM
I use the M$ controller....I do have some mad catz controllers, reserved for my friends when they come over! Really heard no complaints so far......but then again they should be happy that I am letting them play!

Toder
03-01-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt

I noticed that MadCatz S-Vdeo connector was gold plated, on the end where it fits into the X-Box. I heard this makes some kind of difference. Is this true?

If you buy a mew cable go with a MonsterCable they are the best when it comes to things like that. Here is a site to check out some of there products.

On another note you don't have to buy the system link cable from xbox. Any cat5 crossover cable will work when you link to xboxs. if you want to hook up more you will need a hub and regular cat5 patch calbes.

http://www.monstergame.com

kornavs19
03-01-2002, 07:12 PM
MS is better . Madcatz sticks alot and the buttons are further away. i let my friends use the madcatz.

morgan_rhys
03-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Personally I tend to stick to Microsoft stuff for the most part (controller, HD AV Pack) but I have one of the Mad Catz controller for my wife because the official controller is too big for her hands. If Microsoft ever gets around to putting out a second controller, more like the one thay made for the Japanese Market, I'll probably toss the Mad Catz Pad in the closet.

Razor70
03-01-2002, 09:06 PM
I have heard that the Mad Catz controller is a little bit smaller (not alot) and the grips are better on it..but I will stick with Microsoft products only. I have tried MC controllers and stuff out on other systems and they don't last near as long. And if they get dropped or as in some occasions thrown to the floor they will break very easily.