PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 2

kornavs19
03-01-2002, 02:47 PM
I heard in something a magazeine or somethin that X-Box 2 is coming out with in the next 3-5 years. Is that true. i wonder what the enhancements would b accept for a DVD player in it already because theres not MUCH to be enhanced.

GokuX
03-01-2002, 03:03 PM
I can remember something a while back about MS being committed to the Xbox for at least 4 years so 3-5 sounds reasonable. They'd bump up the processor speed and give it a much better video card, not sure who will make it as Nvidia seems to be on the outs as far as that's concearned. Faster DVD drive along with a bigger and faster hard drive. On the network it'll probably have a gigabit network card.

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I can remember something a while back about MS being committed to the Xbox for at least 4 years so 3-5 sounds reasonable. They'd bump up the processor speed and give it a much better video card, not sure who will make it as Nvidia seems to be on the outs as far as that's concearned. Faster DVD drive along with a bigger and faster hard drive. On the network it'll probably have a gigabit network card.

Yeah, if the Xbox last atleast 4-5 years the it will be a success and a good investment for all gamers in the long run.
I just hope they full a Phoney,.. er.. I mean Sony :D
and make the Xbox 2 backward compatible.
cant get enough of Halo & Genma Onimusha!:)

Plewis
03-01-2002, 03:11 PM
Whatever it's like it'll be sure to kill PS3....:cool:

Ninja Scroll
03-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Plewis

AMEN to that plewis!!!!!!;)

xboxmaster2002
03-01-2002, 03:17 PM
i think they should have it connect to the xbox then maybe you could do some crazy **** like upgrading and stuff like that or maybe not im confused...:confused:

JJaX
03-01-2002, 03:19 PM
By that time im sure we wont need physical copys of games. Every X-box 2 will be hooked up to the network and you can just D/L and play your games. But by that time i think that multiplayer is going to be in and "solo" playing is gonna be out.

Kinda how reality Television will one day take over the 'sitcom'

you heard it from JJaX 1st. I know this because i have indeed built a time machine.........

Observe!

JJaX
03-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Hehehehe ive been gone for 3 months, But on these forums it only seems as if ive been gone for like 2 minutes!

:eek: :eek:

FpS_PhReeK
03-01-2002, 03:31 PM
I heard somewhere that Bill Gates and Microsoft were not planning on making Xbox-2 backwards compatible, I seem to remember that it had something to do with changing the graphics chip manufactuer..... I am sorry for being so vague but I have been really busy lately with student teaching so.... hopefully one of our fellow X-addicts can add some information to that peice.

PhReeK out!

l Maximus l
03-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

cant get enough of Halo & Genma Onimusha!:)

Really? Are you sure about that when you mentioned Halo? I don't recall seeing you on-line on Gamespy....hmmm...that's wierd! :D

Dude, you seriously need to get on-line! You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you are missing, my little sidekick! :D

rr9597
03-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Plewis

Anything with name xbox on it is sure to beat most with with Playstation on it?

wweomaniac
03-01-2002, 04:04 PM
itll probably come out in 5-6 years... that when console comapnies make new versions or their exisitng consoles. Im counting down to that date.

FpS_PhReeK
03-01-2002, 04:06 PM
I heard somewhere that Bill Gates and Microsoft were not planning on making Xbox-2 backwards compatible, I seem to remember that it had something to do with changing the graphics chip manufactuer..... I am sorry for being so vague but I have been really busy lately with student teaching so.... hopefully one of our fellow X-addicts can add some information to that peice.

PhReeK out!

LynxFX
03-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
itll probably come out in 5-6 years... that when console comapnies make new versions or their exisitng consoles. Im counting down to that date.

Microsoft is no ordinary console company. Expect it in no more than 4, even less if Sony or someone else produces a console that can steel the thunder from the Xbox. Just remember that the Xbox isn't their 'profit' console. It is their 'build a customer base' console. Xbox 2 is where they are looking to make their profits and if they happen to make some with Xbox then that is just icing on the cake.