PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive: Now in Black

Shawn-XBA
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
We just got some goodies on our team: Xbox 360 HD DVD drives in black! These limited-edition drives were made especially for those of us who helped work on the product, and come along with a black remote control.

http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/andypennell/images/original/Xbox-360-HD-DVD-Drive-in-Black.aspx

All I need now is an Xbox 360 at home to plug it into and I'll be set! (It's no use to me at work as retail drives don't work on Xbox development kits).

Different teams at Microsoft give different things to team members as "Ship-It" awards, and how good they are depends on the coolness of the team and the coolness of the product. Fortunately our team is cool in both regards. My old team (Visual C#) once gave us empty cardboard boxes of the product as a Ship-It award. Not-very-cool-at-all.

Unlike some other Microsoft-internal goodies, we are permitted to sell these, so if you want one you might be lucky and a co-worker could put one on eBay. Or not.

Link (http://blogs.msdn.com/andypennell/archive/2007/02/15/xbox-360-hd-dvd-drive-now-in-black.aspx)

This really has me thinking that the black 360 rumor may not be a rumor after all, only time will tell :D

laughs
02-17-2007, 09:25 AM
This one looks real.... Looks nice, but the color wouldn't sway me to get the system or not... I never understood the whole color option thing.

Shawn-XBA
02-17-2007, 11:21 AM
I never understood the whole color option thing.

I really think they need to stick with one color, don't change the color of the 360 now. Wait until the Xbox 720 to do that :p. However, I would love to have a bigger HD, with all of these XBL Arcade games its only going to be a matter of time before our HD's are full :yikes:

laughs
02-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I really think they need to stick with one color, don't change the color of the 360 now. Wait until the Xbox 720 to do that :p. However, I would love to have a bigger HD, with all of these XBL Arcade games its only going to be a matter of time before our HD's are full :yikes:

I agree, a bigger HD is needed. I'd like to see a 200GB one made available

Slowride
02-17-2007, 01:31 PM
We need a terabyte. Anything less is masturbation.

laughs
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
We need a terabyte. Anything less is masturbation.

lol Masturbation :rofl:

Ok, I'm with Champ on this one! A terabyte it is.