PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Bundles!!!!

Matrix2345
08-18-2001, 07:57 AM
So far I am not impresed with these "extreme bundles" or whatever they want to call them. There forcing people to buy 3 games when all I want to do is buy 1 game and rent the others so I don't waste money(because I have done this before). If every place does this I am going to go buy a PS2(I know I can't believe I just said this). Am I the only one that feels this way?

EIGamerzX
08-18-2001, 08:27 AM
I don't like the bundles either! but i WILL NOT buy a ps2, even if microsoft makes us by bundles at launch (wich is idiotic) it should phase out in a couple of months, i live in canada and to buy a bundle would be 700-900$ that's just CRAZY, i have an interview with blockbuster on monday i hope i get the job so i'll get some type of discount:)

Spades
08-18-2001, 09:40 AM
what is the bundle? i want to make sure i dont get screwed over with my pre-order

dances with broom sticks
08-18-2001, 11:14 AM
man i dont think xbox is gonna do so well with launch if they have **** bundles like this!
i HATE buying games before i rent them!!! the only game i would be willing to buy at launch is like madden 2002 (cause i played the previous and i know what to expect) and possibly halo. my third would probably be pg ..... man the bundle is crap.... now i gotta start saving all over again...

Xbox Gamer
08-18-2001, 12:14 PM
Microsoft sells their Xbox's to retailers and basically they can charge or do whatever they want after that, they can sell it for $1 if they want but of course they would lose money, so Microsoft themselves arent behind it places like EB are, im sure there are going to be places where you dont buy in bundles like Software ETC., Toys R Us or Best Buy just because EB is screwing it up like this dosent mean every store is, by the way to answer Spades Q, a bundle is when the bundle games or accessories to the Xbox and sell them for more money, so instead of just charging $299 for the console alone they bundle 3 games or whatever it is and maybe a couple of accessories with it and charge $499 for it, I believe a lot of places did it on the PS2 launch and people didnt like it.

dances with broom sticks
08-18-2001, 12:37 PM
i thought i read somewhere that ms was making them do bundles to aviod the same thing that happened to ps2, and it will get the money they lost on the system back right away

Xbox Gamer
08-18-2001, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
i thought i read somewhere that ms was making them do bundles to aviod the same thing that happened to ps2, and it will get the money they lost on the system back right away

Maybe, I myself have not heard about that but I cant say it isnt true either, I know people in general do not like bundles since there was a big outrage when PS2 launched and some of the stores sold PS2's in bundles only, I hope Microsoft dosent do this because In my opinion they would be hurting themselves.

rawiswar
08-18-2001, 02:06 PM
The bundle says you get an Xbox, choose 3 games, and choose an accessory. Let's do the math.....

Xbox= 300

3 games= 150

Acc= 30

All together: $470

But they are CHARGING $490! EB is ripping us off! This is why I bought my bundle from Gamestop.com! :D

Xbox Gamer
08-18-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rawiswar
The bundle says you get an Xbox, choose 3 games, and choose an accessory. Let's do the math.....

Xbox= 300

3 games= 150

Acc= 30

All together: $470

But they are CHARGING $490! EB is ripping us off! This is why I bought my bundle from Gamestop.com! :D

Yeah its just another way for them to milk a few more bucks outta you, im just preordering the Xbox console itself.