PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 in September!!!

RockTheCasba
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
man thats what it says but im hoping thatd be sweet.

Halo 3 in Fall (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772950p1.html)

alo 3 Slated for September
Microsoft pushes for early fall system-selling spree to kick off holiday season.
by Douglass C. Perry

March 15, 2007 - Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios aim to ship Halo 3 in September, well before the biggest holiday rush begins, IGN learned last week from two independent sources who asked to remain anonymous.

A big-name publisher and well-established development house separately revealed to IGN that Microsoft intends on beating this year's stacked holiday rush with a September release, rather than the assumed November timeframe.

When phoned, a Microsoft representative said it has only publicly confirmed a fall release, with no specific day or month slated.

The developer, which is close with Bungie, said by getting Halo 3 out early it will sell more systems faster and give Microsoft a head start on its competition, which is likely to ship games in the more traditional months of October and November. Halo 3's popularity makes it the perfect killer app and system seller to give Microsoft an edge over Sony's and Nintendo's hefty set of games coming this fall.

The original Halo shipped with the launch of the first Xbox in November 2001. The sequel, Halo 2, shipped in November 2004. With both games, Microsoft's strategy was to give Bungie as much time as possible to hone and polish their title before reaching QA and the finalization process. But this time, Bungie is on schedule and aims to surprise the world by shipping two months earlier than assumed. IGN was told that was the goal, at least. With all development processes, nothing is certain, both added. Halo 3 could need another month or two, pushing it to October or the assumed November slot if necessary.

vman
03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
probably a publicity stunt "leaked" by bungie themselves to try to get some cheap hype and then end up "delaying" until November anyway. just watch

Whisper
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
but what would be the point? we have known since the release of halo 2 that halo 3 would be late Q3 - early Q4 2007.. nothing has ever changed..

personally, I have seen much LESS hype for this sequel then was around for halo 2..

wasabi_
03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, quite frankly, Im not all that excited for Halo 3. I mean, Halo 1 was my first Xbox game, got it on launch day, and it was amazing, played the hell out of that game. But the second one, hype beyond belief, but when I bought it, I was a bit dissapointed, seemed like more of the same.

Which is why I am not at all excited for Halo 3, it will probably be more of the same, but it will sell like mad with all the fan boys and whatnot.

I prefer games that are more creative, I mean, pretty much all non sequel games, unless they are pretty darn different like morrowind vs oblivion. But Halo 1 and Halo 2 were pretty much the same ol thing, which will be the same for Halo 3, sure it will look nicer a few more guns added, but still, doubt it will be anything unique.

FatBox
03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Still can't wait to play beta, just to see if the game will really be worth it or not, or live up to expectations.

Ainokeatoo
03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
HEY HEY maybe they should leak news on the friggen beta before going on with the real damn game XD...

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
03-16-2007, 04:53 PM
man thats what it says but im hoping thatd be sweet.

Halo 3 in Fall (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772950p1.html)

although a pretty dream, i know it will never happen ... halo's anniversary is in november there not gonna release it in september... besides ive been a regional manager for Target and i talk to the techy's that hook up our systems they all say september is a dead month wat with school starting and all parents tend to waste money on clothes tuition etc.... so they really dont try to market a lot of games for sept so heres hoping its in september but i really dought it...

Stormlord
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
On the subject of Halo 3, did anyone else get a call from Gamestop saying that the Legendary Edition will now be $129.99 and not $99.99? Maybe this leak is a "coincidence" that now the price got jacked up. :confused:

Ainokeatoo
03-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Who cares about the legendary or watever as long as I get the game and I can play it, I could care less if it comes with some tacky helmet... XD

FatBox
03-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Who cares about the legendary or watever as long as I get the game and I can play it, I could care less if it comes with some tacky helmet... XD

Yeah, I'm just gonna buy the normal game... Waste of money for all those extras and crap that I would probably never watch anyway.

Shawn-XBA
03-17-2007, 09:45 AM
although a pretty dream, i know it will never happen ... halo's anniversary is in november there not gonna release it in september...
I agree, I don't see Bungie releasing Halo 3 in September. I think they will release it in November to keep the trend going

mattgame
03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
whatever, I'll let you guys know how the multi is when the beta is ready:whistle:

RockTheCasba
03-19-2007, 01:52 AM
yeah im stoked for the beta i hope it lives up to expectations

Nerrad529
03-21-2007, 05:04 AM
good i can't wait till this game comes out

MrGTI
03-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll be buying it. :)

Jags
03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
personally i dont really care about halo anymore :eek:
i mean i USED to LOVE it
i spent over a grand on my 360 JUS so i could play halo
but i think its been overshadowed by Gears
ill still buy it but i wont be obsessed like i was with the former halo

thatdude222
03-25-2007, 09:13 AM
i spent over a grand on my 360 JUS so i could play halo

wow, now THAT was dumb.

killerscott
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
wow, now THAT was dumb.

Yeah! Doesn't the guy know that it plays on the original Xbox?! Sheesh. Really though that makes little sense.