PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting Battlefield Modern Combat

Reclaimer
03-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh man, I forgot how much fun this game can be. After getting too engrossed in Crackdown trying to find orbs after the game was long finished and being tired of getting firebombed in Rainbow Vegas, I just wanted to do something different on XBL.

I used to play BFMC fairly religiously when it first came out. I loved it when it was on the original Xbox. I moved on, the game gathered dust.
The other night I put it back in and started playing.. and instantly I was having a blast.

It doesn't matter if I'm on the winning team or losing team, it's just fun to play. Sure theres whoring in the game. Sniper campers, constant helicopter harassment, and people are just plain foolish, but it doesn't really detract from the game itself.

In short, it was just instant action all the time, especially in the big server games. Needless to say, I think this game is a good XBL action game to have when you get tired of playing whatever it is you're playing right now.

I think it's great to revisit older games you haven't touched in awhile. Take a break from the norm and do something different, you know?

Shawn-XBA
03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I agree, I'm guilty of just forgetting about a game when I get a new one. I started to play Gears again today, ever since I've gotten new games like Crackdown and Vegas I haven't touched Gears. I think I'm going to start playing some of my older games to see what I missed out on

SH4MR0CK
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Definetly I popped in battlefield when i was getting sick of gears when it came out and it is soo much fun.

Jackyboy
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
i rented this game and didnt really enjoy it. the only thing i thought was fun was getting into vehicles and stuff with friends and teamkilling =/

Wiseguy
03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Played the Xbox version, was a lot of fun but never picked up the 360 version. I guess I thought it was too similar to the Xbox version to justify the purchase. Too bad it's not backwards compatible.