PDA

View Full Version : Ace Combat 6 coming to Xbox 360

Wiseguy
03-20-2007, 01:04 PM
More PS3 games coming to 360? SWEET!!!!

Double Whammy: Ace Combat 6 Confirmed for 360
Another score for Gates. Microsoft must be pleased.
By Patrick Klepek, 03/20/2007
Fanboy worlds were flipped upside down last night when Capcom announced Devil May Cry 4 was no longer a Sony exclusive, but would launch simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PC. DMC was a staple of the PlayStation brand last generation, and through its mainstream luster tapered out after the second game's lackluster success, it's always been perceived as a Sony exclusive, despite Capcom's preference for multi-platform releases.

The same could be applied to the Ace Combat franchise, too, but Namco Bandai's ditched that philosophy (again -- hello, Ridge Racer 6), as Famitsu's unveiled (thanks, NeoGAF) the first details on Ace Combat 6 for Xbox 360. Nothing in Famitsu's previews indicates there are any plans for a PS3 release, but if we're basing this on the publisher's track record so far, an updated, remixed PS3-exclusive version should be coming down the pipeline -- eventually.

IGN has a few more details on Ace Combat 6, noting that several creative staff from previous installments in the series are on board for the latest. The Dynamic Mission structure appears a significant step forward for the series, as Ace Combat 6 will allow players to direct their squad mates to perform separate tasks mid-mission, based on their preference. Depending on which sub-missions are completed and in what order, the current mission's flow will change accordingly.
Expectedly, the game will include online support via Xbox Live, starting with themes and icons showing up on the Japanese marketplace later this week. An official US announcement should be forthcoming soon, too. What's next -- Tekken?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158102

http://www.1up.com/do/imageDisplay?id=3230605

SH4MR0CK
03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Man I was an absolute fien for AC 5 The Unsung War on PS2 and I didnt have an online connection then, online is hopefully gonna kick ass. Im adding this to my list of games i must own.

Shawn-XBA
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Im adding this to my list of games i must own.
Same goes for me, I'm defiantly going to be picking this one up

Wiseguy
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Same goes for me, I'm defiantly going to be picking this one up

Definately picking this one up as well. I've been a fan since Ace Combat came out and always wanted it for the Xbox and Live. Now it's almost here!!!!