PDA

View Full Version : Hour of Victory info

RockTheCasba
03-27-2007, 11:35 AM
this is an interview with one of the developers. im looking forward this game i know ww2 has been made to death but im hoping this one is a good game.

Hour of Victory Interview
Midway breaks the silence on its work in progress with new details and the real reason the Nazis lost...
by Jonathan Miller

March 26, 2007 - World War II is, like, so 2006. But because it's our job and we happen to enjoy shooting things, we've been hounding Midway for additional details on Hour of Victory, its over-the-top WWII title set to hit the Xbox 360 in June. With a few spare minutes, producer Patrick Horne was able to speak to a few of the major features of HoV, including the different soldiers' points of view and various skill sets. Also, he confirms that Bavarian motor cars are in fact better than Bavarian pretzels.

In Hour of Victory you can take the high road...
IGN: HOV is not your ordinary WWII game. Starting with the atmosphere, it's a bit more over-the-top than the gritty "Saving Private Ryan" style of other games. The guys at nFusion went so far as to describe it as the "Indiana Jones" of WWII games. What exactly does that mean?

Patrick Horne: We think it's clear other games in the genre have that "military documentary" style of game down pretty well so we don't feel we'd be adding to the genre by doing another game like that. We want our game to be more focused on fun and enjoyable gameplay rather than rehashes of the Normandy Beach landing you've played a half dozen times. Our attention has been on making the gameplay exciting in an action movie sense.

IGN: I guess what we are really asking is will there or will there not be monkey brains?

Horne: Only in the lunch room.

IGN: You're gross. Moving on, we enjoyed some explosions that sent enemy soldiers flying through the air. Just how high can you explode a Nazi?

Horne: It depends on the Nazi Buoyancy ratio. It's why they lost the war.

IGN: We've already talked a bit about the three different soldiers in HOV and their different point of views. Can you give us an example of a tough situation in which you can play as either Taggert, Ross or Blackbull? How will each grunt take on the enemy?

Horne: Say there's an MG42 nest up on the top of a street that is raining lead on your position. Using the commando, Ross, you could decide to just rush up the hill dodging machinegun fire and jumping from cover to cover. You'll need to make it close enough to lob a grenade and take the guy out. If you use Bull you could scale one of the buildings nearby and then jump from building to building until you can snipe the gunner from safety. Using Taggert it's time to go silent. You sneak off down one of the side alleys, and pick the lock on a building blocking your way. Then you come across a barbwire fence, but you clip right through that and this gets you behind the German position. Now you can sneak up behind the gunner and use your knife to kill him silently.

... orsmash Nazi face (low road).
IGN: Which is the better Bavarian contribution to society: the BMW or the pretzel?

Horne: I love my BMW, but my wife drives it.

IGN: Each soldier has different abilities, from brute strength to stealth to recon/sniper skills. What happens when a soldier tries to go outside his skill set? If our sniper suddenly wants to grab a machine gun and run and gun, or our covert op wants to grap a sniper rifle and pick people off?

Breaking out of your skill set really just decreases your survivability, but you can do it if you want to. The covert-op can pick up a machine gun and charge the enemy, but he may not last very long. However, there are certain skills that the other characters don't have like lock picking. Since the commando doesn't have that skill he can't get in to those areas.

IGN: On a scale of one to 10, how much do you hate Nazis?

Horne: Zehn.

IGN: We're told that nothing is scripted in HOV, that the enemies are all driven by AI. In short, the Krauts are supposed to react differently in each situation. Let's say I throw a grenade at a Nazi. What are some reactions we will see?

The non-scripted nature of the AI is one of the things we're pretty excited about. If you throw a grenade and the AI sees it he's going to try to jump for cover. However, he may not see it. In that case please reference your earlier question regarding how high you can explode a Nazi.

IGN: Have you or have you not ever worn lederhosen?

Horne: Did you see something at the Leipzig Games Convention?

IGN: Maybe.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/767/767914/hour-of-victory-20070226115642272.jpg

Shawn-XBA
03-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Good find, Hour of Victory looks really good

CuartoDePuto
06-11-2007, 05:48 AM
I downloaded the demo of marketplace, pretty cool game. The aspect of switching between the soldiers is great. Switching the sensitivity really made it more enjoyable for me.

Spinoff90
06-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Hated the demo at first and it was off my to purchase list but after adjusting the sensitivity I started to like it a lot more and it went back on my to purchase list.

mattgame
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I liked the demo and was impressed with the graphics and speed of play. I may rent it first.

CuartoDePuto
06-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Yeah, the graphics are pretty solid. I'm a fan of anything using the unreal engine.

CrazyCougar
06-18-2007, 10:35 AM
The only thing is, as stated, its another WWII game. The Call of Duty series was enough WWII history refreshing for me and I cant see me really wanting to play another WWII based game.

Ainokeatoo
06-18-2007, 11:28 AM
The only thing is, as stated, its another WWII game. The Call of Duty series was enough WWII history refreshing for me and I cant see me really wanting to play another WWII based game.

Do I hear a hallelujah?

mattgame
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Get it for the multi player.

CuartoDePuto
06-25-2007, 09:29 AM

Yeah, it is a bit niche i guess, I just like most all fps games.

mattgame
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
It's not gettin good reviews.

CuartoDePuto
06-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Yeah, i guess some people have had enough of the ww2 genre of games. I still think this is alright though