PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

TrueBelieverUK*
04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey, used to be a fairly active member but kinda dropped away from xbox (and gaming in general).

I'm thinking of getting a 360 for my birthday (22nd May) but just wondering if its worth it.
In September I'll be heading off to university so i asked a friend already at Uni whether i'd have time between lectures, seminars and drinking to play. He reckoned yes so that's a plus. he even suggested that rather going to halls i lived with him instead so he'd have something to do during afternoons before going out :rolleyes:

I'm a very casual gamer, doubt I'd get xboxlive as i'll be a poor student and I doubt I'd have THAT much time (although of course if it turns out i would have time i'd probably subscribe). I want a console that if i get bored i can pop a game in and kill a few hours shooting stuff and what not.

Basically i want you to persuade me to buy an xbox 360 haha.
Also, if anyone knows of any planned price drops on the premium system between now and late may shout out now! I know the elite is coming out so will that force the price on premium and core down?

cheers
;)
edit: i have been doing my research haha, game reviews etc.
Games i would be getting/wanting to get would be Gears of War, Dead Rising, Rainbow six vegas, saints row, oblivion and then of course gta4 and halo 3.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
04-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey, used to be a fairly active member but kinda dropped away from xbox (and gaming in general).

I'm thinking of getting a 360 for my birthday (22nd May) but just wondering if its worth it.
In September I'll be heading off to university so i asked a friend already at Uni whether i'd have time between lectures, seminars and drinking to play. He reckoned yes so that's a plus. he even suggested that rather going to halls i lived with him instead so he'd have something to do during afternoons before going out :rolleyes:

I'm a very casual gamer, doubt I'd get xboxlive as i'll be a poor student and I doubt I'd have THAT much time (although of course if it turns out i would have time i'd probably subscribe). I want a console that if i get bored i can pop a game in and kill a few hours shooting stuff and what not.

Also, if anyone knows of any planned price drops on the premium system between now and late may shout out now! I know the elite is coming out so will that force the price on premium and core down?

cheers
;)
Games i would be getting/wanting to get would be Gears of War, Dead Rising, Rainbow six vegas, saints row, oblivion and then of course gta4 and halo 3.

Hey wats going on.... listen man im in grad school right now im 25 and a paramedic and a realtor... i drink like an irish salor and i party and i live with my fiance....
i know im gonna sound probably like a broken record but go out there go get the xbox360 buy urself gears of war....(my fave game) do the live thing.... add my name to it... and lets play brother... ur doing urself a favor theres a ton of games besides gears u havnt played yet... condemned, halo 2 if u havnt already... etc... etc... just go into the games thing... and if u like playing with like a friend in another university dude theres co op games... man ... alright i hope i gave u somethings... to think about to me it was totaly WORTH EVERY PENNY... and the more pennys to come

RockTheCasba
04-05-2007, 11:06 PM

cheers
;)

my birthday is also may 22nd and yes you should get one