PDA

View Full Version : Improtant: More on the Xbox in Japan

stewy_gt
03-01-2002, 09:48 PM
I translated a few japanese websites to find out what's happening in the land of the rising sun. Apparently, they think that Microsoft is Jinx. The Xbox had a sluggish sale and is having some technical difficulties. Much more severe than with what we were faced with here in the US. Microsoft is currently working around the clock to fix the problems. They reported some scratches to game discs, and files not saving when playing DOA3. I think that this is the main reason why the Xbox isn't selling well in Japan. Its not mainly the games, but the hardware. It would seem that they are having more problems with the hardware for the Xbox. Its only natural that the the sales are low as they are concerned about it working. As a result of this happening, Microsoft is ensuring that all the Xbox's that are to be shipped for the European Launch are in proper working order. Don't expect to see these problems with the European and Australian Xbox. So for all you people who think that the Xbox failed in Japan because the Japanese didn't like it, it was mostly due to technical problems with the Japanes consoles. The US consoles worked well, and I expect the European and Australian consoles to have even less problems than what we faced in the US. Well it helps to know these problems before another launch so that they can recheck their stock. The Europeans and Australians will most likely get the creme-of-the-crop since everything is tried and tested, and the best games are due by the time of release.

rr9597
03-01-2002, 09:50 PM
the title describes it all!

Crazy Joe
03-01-2002, 10:45 PM
strange, you would think that Microsoft would put alot into testing things for a japanese launch when they were already on thin ice, breaking into the market and all

Rock2
03-01-2002, 11:02 PM
that explains alot

tech
03-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Dude all this hype about the japanese Xbox problems. Don't you guys remember all the news about the US Xbox having massive problems. It really was a very small fraction of the xboxes out there but it was blow out of portion. I think its the same thing here.

darianX
03-02-2002, 12:51 AM
Amen tech! And just look at the thread starter...someone with very few posts...just like usual. I'll wait till I see credible numbers in English first.

stewy_gt
03-02-2002, 02:14 AM
I'm not against the Xbox or nothing, but thats what I got from the translations. It might just have been blown out of proportion(and I'm beginning to think it was). Don't take my word for it, for this is not official news. This was a translation from one of their fan sites. It might just be a few defects blown out of proportion. I don't want people to make judgment from this post.

xboxer2002
03-02-2002, 08:03 AM
Hey man,
just because someone in this forum only posted a few times doesn't make them any less credible than someone who posted a thousand times.The dude was just trying to supply us with important info so leave the dude alone.

Caspel
03-02-2002, 08:43 AM
just like to report that only 1% of U.S. Xbox's were defective. Microsoft gave them 24 hr shipping to fix them and send them back as soon as they got them fixed for free. Now if the people didnt want to return them then thats their problems. But 1% isnt a big deal in America since Gamecube's tops Xbox's defective problem. And the PS2 defective problem over the past year it has been out and more, is around 8-10% of what they sell.

Now predicting what Microsoft situation over at Japan, people are just over-hyping everything. Some people found out that those Japanese people are trying to play their XBox's sideways like the PS2. So only about I would say 2-3% of what they sold are defective. Not correct stats but its predictable.

So dont look into this too deeply, Xbox is doing pretty good over in Japan. They have great XBox sales just like PS2 did, but their software titles aren't as high but its almost as high as what Gamecube's software launch in the U.S. Don't panic

Xbox still has the European launch which is supposed to be big, and then onto to Australia. Xbox will be alive for awhile and sales are increasing.

yall
03-02-2002, 09:38 AM
the japanese are wacky when it comes to their taste in gaming anyway. combine that with the fact that their culture is the most blatantly racist of nearly any country on the planet (dont believe me? just ask anyone from china or korea), and it should come as no surprise that a system produced by an american owned company is not going to do as well as it could. dont get me wrong im not dissing the japanese, but while they have been fond of our fads and culture, they have not been strong supporters of our manufactured goods and products.