PDA

View Full Version : Does JSRF have good replay value?

Dog Of War
03-01-2002, 10:26 PM
I've heard great reviews about this game but I was just curious from someone who's played it a ****load if the replay value is good. Because I don't care how great a game looks, sounds, etc. if it has a crappy replay value. Cause when your broke you tend to look for games that you can get the most out of.

darianX
03-02-2002, 12:57 AM
I don't think anyone has played a *explitive deleted* of it, at least enough to finish it yet, it just came out Wednesday.....but from what I've seen, you could spend hours and hours in each section after finishing to look for all the hidden stuff. Thats my 2 cents anyway :cool:

Kero
03-02-2002, 01:03 AM
i dont think it even has a play value
i've played it for an hour and just stopped playing
i didn't find it too fun
but that's just me

Sangha
03-02-2002, 01:14 AM
The only reason I didn't purchase this game is because I wasn't sure about the replay value. I'm gonna wait to see how long it takes people to stop playing it.

jhixson2
03-02-2002, 06:26 AM
didnt the first jet grind radio for the dc have replay value???? werent you able to just free skate like in thps! i thought that for sure there was a free skate!

Afro Aura
03-02-2002, 08:03 AM
I hope it has as I've just bought it today and I'm just waiting to finish work so I can get some home get TAGing, on the DC it was ok, I hope this one on the XBOX will blow me away
:D

Encisco
03-02-2002, 11:18 AM
I bought JSRF on Wednesday as did many other people. So far my play time is roughly 7 hours. I feel it has alot of replay value. Just going back looking for Grafiti Souls, the tapes, or other characters. The multiplayer is pretty solid also. It's the only thing that's been in my xobx since then, and probably will be for a while. You can also just go back and skate around the levels you've completed already. So from my experience so far, this game has good replay value.

-Encisco

xboxmaster2002
03-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jhixson2
didnt the first jet grind radio for the dc have replay value???? werent you able to just free skate like in thps! i thought that for sure there was a free skate!

well there isn't any time in the game thats a free skate right there...and as for replay value i have 8 hrs on it and i love it just as much as i did when i started..:D

manchufu
03-02-2002, 11:36 AM
I had Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast, and absolutly loved playing the game. Big levels, fun missions, and it can get challenging also. I played the game for a few months straight, so i would say its replay value is pretty good. I would still be playing it now, but i sold of the old DC, poor me. :(

Stardog
03-02-2002, 12:37 PM
Anyone played multiplayer yet? Some friends and I tried some 3-player games, and found they came up pretty short when compared to the single player game. You can't compete in the actual single player levels, and are forced to select from some clausterphobic tracks (for racing) and arenas (for tag-like games). And, 1 MP game type (I think it's the tag the most areas in the time limit) is only for 2 players.

Did we miss something somewhere? Please tell me I'm wrong! I wanted to love this game, but when it came to the MP, I was really disappointed.

I'd have to say that once you 100% the SP game (finding all the hidden tags) there's not much replay value since the MP is lacking. Although, having not finished the game, I'm not sure what extras might be opened up by doing so. Keeping my fingers crossed on that!

Let's hear what everyone thinks.... I've started a new thread here that discusses only the MP portion of JSRF.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7979

Afro Aura
03-02-2002, 11:10 PM
Well I at home and I have to say I LOVE it, it does play a bit different to the DC game, I think it a total adventure as you go around looking for people to join your team, fighting the cops off and not having a time limit thats cool, I would compare this with Shemue (just to get the feeling of the game) as you feel your in there with the crowd, I like it and it looks awesome