PDA

View Full Version : is your xbox 360 scratching discs?

Hero
04-28-2007, 10:31 PM
my brothers have two games that were scratched by the 360 already. call of duty 2 and the recently bought guitar hero 2 disc. :cuss:

they are very careful with the disc and never move the system around or anything. i heard microsoft replaced disc but on the website its limited to only like 6 disc or so.

could i still complain to microsoft to see if they can get thier games replaced or something. anyone try this with any luck?

RockTheCasba
04-29-2007, 10:55 AM
the only disc ive had scratched is because i moved the system while the game was playing

CrazyCougar
04-29-2007, 03:31 PM
No scratching with any of the three 360's in my household. I find it hard to believe MS is replacing discs though. Thats the first I ever heard anyone say that.

Hero
04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
looks like we got lucky. circuit city accepted it back without any hassle since it was within 30 days of purchase. as for the disc replacement program on the xbox webpage it says the only games eligible for replacement are

Crackdown™
Fuzion Frenzy 2
Gears Of War®
Halo® 2
Kameo™: Elements of Power™
Ninety Nine Nights™
Perfect Dark Zero™
Project Gotham Racing® 3
Viva Piñata™
Xbox Live® Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1

i investigated a little into the matter and found out that microsoft recently admitted that thier xbox 360 sometimes does scratch games even without tilting. i guess some tv show in the netherlands proved it and forced them to admit it. but even though they admitted it I dont think they have mentioned anything about what they plan to do about it.