PDA

View Full Version : New version of 360 makes current ones obsolete?

Nurb
05-01-2007, 05:30 AM
http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/MailHome.asp?datePublish=2007/4/30&pages=PB&seq=208

console gaming as we knew it is gone I think, and when they start coming out with newer versions of a console within a generation is when I stop playing consoles. I can only keep up with constantly changing technology on one platform, at least with the consoles we had some stability for 5 years.

besides, all the best games for xbox come on PC anyway. I hate to say it, but sony and nintendo still have MS beat on good exclusive titles

thatdude222
05-01-2007, 05:51 AM
don't think so. let me read the article.

thatdude222
05-01-2007, 05:52 AM
new version of 360 makes older ones obsolete?
no, not at all.

CrazyCougar
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM
It doesnt make them obsolete, but it does make the newer 360's more reliable. You as a consumer will NOT notice any difference in performance with the new chipset.

As for exclusives.....Sony is losing their exclusitivy with each passing month. Guitar Hero, Virtua Fighter are 2 huge losses of exclusivity for Sony. A final dagger would be Metal Gear Solid, and there is no doubt in my mind that it will happen. As for Nintendo, they will always have the edge on exclusive titles as they have Zelda and Mario, which are icons in the video game industry. Alot more so than Master Chief or Snake.

FatBox
05-01-2007, 01:43 PM
[url]
besides, all the best games for xbox come on PC anyway. I hate to say it, but sony and nintendo still have MS beat on good exclusive titles

Pssh, nothing beats the Halo franchise. Or Xbox Live in general.

thatdude222
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
nintendo has the best exclusives, end of story, MS in second, sony in distant third. they ain't got crap.

Ainokeatoo
05-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Pssh, nothing beats the Halo franchise. Or Xbox Live in general.

Ermm... I think mario and zelda both beat the halo franchise not by much but it does, as for the xbox live service, it could do with some tuning but at the moment, in my opinion it is the best so far as reliability and such is concerned. I also hear a ps4 is coming out soon which I don't know is very reliable *as i heard it from somewhere forget though, possibly psp spot* so if that is real valuable information, then sony is getting a bit desperate *still have yet to purchase or find a ps3 in any store near me...*. Anyways that's my two cents.

Conchord
05-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Ermm... I think mario and zelda both beat the halo franchise not by much but it does.

Zelda and Mario are far ahead of halo in terms of influence... halo brought nothing new to the table, it simply perfected a genre... mario and zelda basically built their genres from the ground up... and both are still going strong in terms of gamer response and reviews... as for halo, even the developers said they got lazy the second time around.