PDA

View Full Version : im tired of extended play dissin the xbox!

yall
03-02-2002, 09:42 AM
once again that show has found a way to sneak in some desparaging remark about the xbox. this week they were talking about the japan release and mentioned how people were buying the 'big, heavy box". im going to write them a note complaining about their bias. you should too. extendedplay@techtv.com

Laxeph
03-02-2002, 09:55 AM
who cares what other people say about Xbox they are just stupid fanboys that no nothing about gaming

xboxmaster2002
03-02-2002, 11:11 AM
give everyone that disses the xbox til the end of the year and they wont have anything to dis about it with online play and voice chat and on top of that all the good games like project ego, PSO 2, and like 50 some others

xboxer2002
03-02-2002, 11:49 AM
That guy and that girl from extended play look retarded anyways.Forget them

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 12:03 PM
they dont diss it that much... theres that one gaming show (not sure if you guys have heard about it)....

***** cant remember name*

but its sponsored by microplay.. Well.. so far theyve oly had one xbox review and it was on transworld surf.. They couldve at least reviewed Halo. They always talk about ps2.

StudioAlex
03-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Ummmm...

I think you are way too sensitive. Of the three systems, they gave the Xbox by far the best scores for its premier games as compared to te debut weeks for the GC and PS2. And I have a secret, the xbox is big and heavy. This is reminiscent to political correct paranoia that occassionally grips people, but this is really sill because its only a game system.

Xbox
03-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Extended Play has their own opionions i mean, They gave Obi-Wan a 4/5 which totally blew my mind. Really, I dont watch the show anymore cause i found out how much its like a Offical Magazine. "Screen Savers" also disses the x-box, and stuff.

Its not really what they think of the X-box that bothers me, its the way the diss it. La la lal ala, I watch it for the game screenshots and stuff, not the b.s. about consoles.

Muabdi'b
03-02-2002, 06:09 PM
i don't watch the show. Its really bad and their knowlegde lacks poorly. Stop watching it and you will see some changes in the future. Its up to u.

dougi3000
03-02-2002, 08:43 PM
I was watching it yesturday.
And the reviews are type bias too.

When they reviewed Wreckless, they complained about everything! lack of multiplayer, clipping, few missions, stupid characters.. EVERYTHING! They didnt even mention how good the graphics are driving was. They even dissed destructive racing games before the review!
then they go "get only a meager 3/5"

then they review the 2 year old Dracken game on PS2. They say everything is the best, cool dragon battles, sword slashing, etc etc... even though it is not that good of a game. "we give a awesom 3/5"

i was like WTF?

Xbox
03-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Yea, so everyone here Report to XBA for reviews not for Extended Play, or wait for that "24/7 Gaming Channel" coming up!

morgan_rhys
03-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Since some time at least around the launch - Extended Play has been sponsored by our beloved Xbox - how's them apples?!

Lay off the Screen Savers! I love that show! Did anyone else see it on Friday 3/1/02 ? Patrick was wearing a Kilt! It was sooo cool! I think I'm going to get one myself as soon as I can afford it (they are like $100-$170, yikes)

rr9597
03-02-2002, 09:44 PM
what channel is this show on anyway?I wanna see how wacked up it is?

morgan_rhys
03-02-2002, 09:47 PM
TechTV

Extendend Play isn't too bad actually for the most part. There are much better shows on the channel though. Like Screen Savers and Fresh Gear.

Hugh_Jass
03-03-2002, 09:01 PM
Fresh Gear used to be cool but it's gone downhill since Jim Louderback left the show. Now they cover just about everything...except the gear. It's pretty sad when they have to include a 60-second spot called "Gear Report" that features a few token items. The rest of the show is about model rockets and submarines. Who cares?

Jeepster
03-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Just forget about them....We all know what's the best console out here.

Kleen
03-04-2002, 08:21 AM
They don't knock it that bad. And the thing IS big & heavy. The dissed MGS2, also. I never played Wreckless, it looks pretty, but I don't know if it's worth $50.

Oh yeah, that girl on Extended Play is ugly as sin. Whew!