PDA

View Full Version : Halo online

bigcurty
03-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey I was wondering who here plays Halo online? I just got hooekd up yesterday and started playing. I got my assraped because yesterday was also the first day I ever played, but it was cool. Anyone got any tipsfor me or does anyone wanna meet me online to play later???? I have a few questions though:

Whats with the different roomds? I figured out the ones with the green box on the screen are the ones that you can get into. But why cant I get into the ones with the red screens even when they are not full???

Why is it that sometimes I see a map of the world where other people are playing me and other times it doesnt show up?

And can someone tell me a Non-Microsft controller which they have tried which is pretty good. I dont wanna pay $40 for another controller. Thatanks

Koopa
03-02-2002, 10:33 AM
i heard the mad catz one was good, but never get the pelican "trick" controller....my friend had the misfortune of getting it and i got forced to use it the other nite while everyone else got nice controllers:(

i have my own question about online play......when should the "System Link" option light up so u can play it...cuz mine always stays gray and i can never get into an online game:(

bigcurty
03-02-2002, 10:41 AM
As long as you have your internet connection going through your switch. A ethernet cable going to your computer and then a cable connecting the Xbox and the Switch u shoud be fine. Log onto Gamespy. Go to Xbox. Fine a game with low ping. click joing game. Chit chat in lobby like letting them know hwo many u have. Then click ready. When u ehard your computer talk... says something like "Game launched.... the Gamespy window should go down and a smaller chat window should pop up with the other xbox's that are all connected, giving their pings and a lot of other information about the internet hookup. When u see this, from the main menu of Halo click on multi player, then I forget what its call but its two arrow down from the top, it has 4 xbox;x connected in the picture then u pick your profile u wanna use. It should see the game agfter u click ok and u can join and pick teams. I think a lot has to do with the oder, like waiting for game to launch before trying to get into a game.

FlyBoy
03-02-2002, 11:06 AM
I've heard the Vortex controller is a good 3rd party... haven't tried it yet, but its made by Radica.

Can't help ya' with the online questions, I also just started 2 days ago.