PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Off Road Racing Demo Up On Marketplace!

Wiseguy
05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Check it out!!!

Nato King
05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Very cool.

I must say that this game is going to be one of the best off road game I have ever played the car control is so smooth and easy to handle. All I can say it what took them so long to bring out a game like this. Must be the 360. Let me go play some more.

MXracer721
05-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm going to go get this right now to have something to play when my fingers are wore out from Guitar Hero

wulkar
05-25-2007, 04:40 PM
i played the demo and i have to say i like it. favorite track so far is the one on the cliff, very nice. but Mr. Pastrana gets annoying fast

Nato King
05-26-2007, 04:30 AM
i played the demo and i have to say i like it. favorite track so far is the one on the cliff, very nice. but Mr. Pastrana gets annoying fast

Yeah that's my favorite track too. I play it all the time but does Tavis pastrana ride bike too.

wulkar
05-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah that's my favorite track too. I play it all the time but does Tavis pastrana ride bike too.

yea he rides dirt bike. i always see him on the big air contest at the X games, i never knew he did rally to

CrazyCougar
05-26-2007, 09:12 AM
He actually just recently started in Rally racing........

I love this game demo as well and cant wait for the full version. My plate will be full with Forza and DiRT over the next few months!!!!

Shawn-XBA
05-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I like that one too. I found out earlier that you can go to the top before you cross the finish line, turn around and go down the cliff too, adds some fun. Hopefully they will let you reverse tracks in the final version.

MXracer721
05-26-2007, 12:44 PM
So after getting the demo I was surprised to hear Pastrana's voice, I forgot he was in this game. Pastrana has been doing rally for almost 4 years now and drives for Subaru Rally Team USA. He does rally because his body is shot and rally isn't hard on his knees like motocross is. He always had to get his knees drained before races so he could move them, and that was when he was 19-20 years old. Check out this video of clips from Pastrana's video series Nitro Circus http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fu_bgi2Nt2Y

This game is freaking awesome and if I would have remembered Pastrana was linked to the game I would have had extremely low expectations instead of no expectations. The controls are great, but I like the dirt courses instead of the road course you drive on with the Subaru. My favorite is the track that you use the Ickley car on, thats really fun. The visuals were VERY good, I was super impressed. As said before, between DiRT and Forza.........wow there's a lot of racing I'm going to be doing on my 360.

Found this on wikipedia about his injuries from motocross.......I actually think there are more, but check it out.

“I don’t remember most of the injuries there have been so many.” His laundry list includes: the dislocated spine, in his left knee he’s torn his ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL, his bucket handle meniscus, broken his tibia and fibula, he’s had surgery on his left wrist twice, left thumb once, two surgeries on his back, one on his right elbow, nine on his left knee, six on the right knee, one shoulder surgery which left him with the only piece of metal he has in his body

MXracer721
05-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Alright so let's post some laps times! I just got a 1:05.81 on Bark River for the CORR car......i'll post my other bests later. I'm sure someone will be my time, but oh well, lets see em!

2:34.37 on the uphill.......getting a 2:20 on that one would be insane, I can't keep my speed up in the corners.......

CrazyCougar
05-26-2007, 03:00 PM
The 2:20 will be with the higher horse power cars I would think, but it could be linked to car class.

Anyhow, I hit a 2:34.02 today, and that is the best I have done to this point. I usually have one really bad corner that eats away at my time..

wulkar
05-26-2007, 04:33 PM
i just got a 2:45.15, i am a terrible driver but i love this game non the less.

HIT THE APEX

Edit:
2:37.61...and i was concentrating really hard.

MXracer721
05-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I just got 1:05.03 on Bark River and that was my absolute best. I get 1:06's easy but gettin a 1:05 is pretty tough right now for me. I'll have to do the uphill a few more times to see if I can get a better time...

2:33.17 is my best uphill..............it'll take me awhile to beat it i think, but I do think it's possible for someone to get low 2:31s its just a matter of time.

Dj Logical 1
05-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Anyone want to let me know how big the file size is?

laughs
05-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Anyone want to let me know how big the file size is?

Less than a GB...Think it's like 700ish

Dr_J
05-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Pretty fun game.

I was considering getting this game until I read that there will be no multiplayer.

Please tell me that someone is not dumb enough to NOT include multiplayer in a RACING game.

MXracer721
05-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Pretty fun game.

I was considering getting this game until I read that there will be no multiplayer.

Please tell me that someone is not dumb enough to NOT include multiplayer in a RACING game.

Damn dude are you serious? That does change things a lot. I really hope it does have multiplayer, if not then its just a rental.

Dr_J
05-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I believe I read it on Gamespot.

I hope it is wrong.

wulkar
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/cmr07/news.html?page=1&sid=6170192

that blows

Dr_J
05-27-2007, 04:40 PM
You're right..........that does blow.

Delay the game and add multiplayer. Find the guy that made the decision to not have multiplayer in a RACING game and fire him.

Otherwise, I will not be picking this up.

I understand that this type of racing is about "beating the clock," but there is no reason not to have a multiplayer option.

Nato King
05-27-2007, 04:49 PM
I got 2mins 40 seconds on the hill level.

CrazyCougar
05-27-2007, 04:49 PM
There is a multiplayer of sorts. 100 people in an online lobby compete for the best time. Real time leaderboards as the segments are run. Yuu can chat with folks in the lobby as well.

Codemasters says they focused on graphics and gameplay this time around, and will have online racing in DiRT too. I have no problem with the lack of online multiplayer due to the fact that you do not physically race against people in rally racing to begin with. Yes, the buggies and trucks actually do race simultaneously, but most of the game is about beat the clock style racing. This is a MUSt and DEFINITE buy for me.

Shawn-XBA
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
OXM gave DiRT a 9.0

Pros:
- Remarkable graphics and crisp handling
- Vast career mode with a huge variety of events
Cons:
- Standard multiplayer is M.I.A.

OXM also talked about the multiplayer, here's what they said:

Nothing grabs eyeballs like announcing that your racing game has 100-player Live action, but with DiRT, there's a catch. The game's only multiplayer mode consists of either rallies or hill climbs - events that are all about one car on the track at a time. So in the game, you and up to 99 other people can race at the same time, but you don't see each other on the track. You can chat, and you see one another's progress in the rankings ticker in the top right and the race-completion meter along the left.

CrazyCougar
05-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Very kewl. Pre-ordering this to take advantage of the extra content for all pre-orders!!

mattgame
05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
OXM gave DiRT a 9.0

Pros:
- Remarkable graphics and crisp handling
- Vast career mode with a huge variety of events
Cons:
- Standard multiplayer is M.I.A.

OXM also talked about the multiplayer, here's what they said:

Nothing grabs eyeballs like announcing that your racing game has 100-player Live action, but with DiRT, there's a catch. The game's only multiplayer mode consists of either rallies or hill climbs - events that are all about one car on the track at a time. So in the game, you and up to 99 other people can race at the same time, but you don't see each other on the track. You can chat, and you see one another's progress in the rankings ticker in the top right and the race-completion meter along the left.

I think that's hot. I would rather do it that way than have 99 guys trying to run each other off of the road.

wulkar
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I think that's hot. I would rather do it that way than have 99 guys trying to run each other off of the road.

i second this. and even without standard multiplayer this game is still a must for me.

Wiseguy
05-31-2007, 12:21 PM
After playing the demo I'm really looking forward to the game. The graphics and crash physics realy add to the experience.

MXracer721
05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
No more lap times? Let's make this demo more interesting!

wasabi_
05-31-2007, 10:15 PM

I wouldn't, destruction derby is the best part about multiplayer racing games. Its fun pissing people off by ramming them.

CrazyCougar
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow, remind me to never race in the same room with you.

Shawn-XBA
06-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I kind of suck at racing games, I always have one or two bad corners that mess up my time. But here are my times:

Avelsbachring: 2:43.47
Hill Climb: 2:48.52
Bark River: 3:14.21

I sucked at Bark River, I crashed so many times, lol. I'll keep updating the times with my best.