PDA

View Full Version : Is World Series Baseball worth the wait?

bibek
03-02-2002, 11:36 AM
All Star Baseball is out on the 7th ( I think ), and World Series Baseball is coming out in May ( Or so they say...), and it may be delayed. ASB looks very good right now and seems to be a great game, but I am quite sure that WSB is going to be better when it comes out. So which one should you get.....?

This is what I think, if you get ASB now, you will be fine for 2 months but then you will want WSB because it is going to be way better, even though ASB is still great. If you get WSB, which you should, then ASB is going to be useless. So, what I would do is rent ASB once, and play NBA 2K2 or some other great game. And get WSB when it comes out.

Peace:cool:

hellfire
03-02-2002, 04:23 PM
WSB wasn't worth the wait for the DC, and I am fairly confident that WSB2k3 won't be either.

robnyack
03-02-2002, 04:49 PM
WSB for Dreamcast, if you recall did not even have a box score. As soon as I saw that, I never played the game again.

Baseball without a box score. Someone really should have lost their job over that one. I pray this game is getting a MAJOR overhaul for xbox play.

hellfire
03-02-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
WSB for Dreamcast, if you recall did not even have a box score. As soon as I saw that, I never played the game again.

Baseball without a box score. Someone really should have lost their job over that one. I pray this game is getting a MAJOR overhaul for xbox play.

I would say I am optomistic, but even with a new dev team, I think that francise is finished. Sega made such great sports games, just couldn't do baseball any justice - The box scores were one thing, My major problem, besides the batting/pitching sucked, was the auto fielding - what kind of baseball game doesn't let u control your fielders - sheesh.

djgcue
03-05-2002, 03:54 PM
No, get ASB 2003 despite its bugs its still a better game.

brownguy
03-08-2002, 07:35 AM
I am going to wait for WSB for a several reasons. Its later release date is going to mean most of the late roster changes will be updated. I think releasing a game before spring training is a big mistake. Second, its the only baseball game that is made specifically for the xbox, therefore using the xbox to a higher potential hopefully. Thirdly, Sega realizes they did a horrible job with 2k1 and made better improvements to 2k2, and hopefully will continue to move in the right direction. I have faith in Sega, and if anyone played the WSB franchise back in the gensis and Saturn days, know how good of a baseball game they can make.

Brownguy

mojo__31
03-12-2002, 10:12 AM
Just bought ASB and what a waste of money. I am selling it and gonna wait for WSB from Sega. ASB has no feeling of being at a ball game whatsoever.

hulkamania
03-22-2002, 01:19 AM
i have 2 admit im going 2 wait 4 world series baseball because i heard asb you can only be 1 team in the whole season.Even if it had perfect graghics and perfect gameplay still playing on 1 team is very boring i used 2 play a game with 1 team threw the whole season and god i was like 150-12 and thats boring u need a challenge so let me tell you this folks wait 4 world series baseball cause it will have a franchise plus its only going 2 be on xbox.....

robnyack
03-25-2002, 12:01 PM
For those of us who are praying for a good baseball game, World Series is our last hope. Triple Play 2002, I hears SUCKS big time, ASB was a disappointing dud, so this is all we have left.

I was initially mortified to find out WS was my last hope, because I remember WS2k1 and what an AWFUL game that was. But, from what I've read, it sounds like they are doing a major overhaul and are going for a good serious sim with great graphics. My dream!

But, I have long learned never to buy into the pre-game hype these pinheads throw at us. But, I am hopeful. I would link the website where I was readingup on WS, but I can't remember what it was!!

Moegames
03-27-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by djgcue
No, get ASB 2003 despite its bugs its still a better game.

Dude.......how can you say ASB2k3 is a better game when WSB2k3 isnt even out? LMAO