PDA

View Full Version : I am so furious I am seeing red. (xbox 360 elite transfer cable)

Imperius
06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Here's the plot.

I got my 360 transfer data migration cable from microsoft.

Followed the instructions EXACTLY. I recieved an error, of which could not find an answer to at xbox.com/support.

Basicly, when it says 33 or 32 minutes remaining during the transfer, it says it failed and gives me some long number.

I call 18004MYXBOX and let them know (first call)

The woman I'm talking to tells me they have never heard of such an error so she takes down all the info I can give her. I'm put on hold for roughly an hour, little talking breaks in between. Her first explanation is that the manual was written the wrong way so I do the opposite of what it says, as suggested. if it doesn't work, I'm told to call back..

(Second call) I explain to this new girl everything via a reference number I was given.

(keep in mind i've tried to transfer at least a dozen times. by now)

At this time, she says "not to attempt to transfer the data more than once".

Here's an author moment..

Microsoft..You.. ^$%^% ***** $%^#%^^#$^#$^#^#^#^##^#^#$^^#^#$^#^ horse #$%#$%#$%#%#%#%#$

ok then... She said it may damage my consoles. So I'm like.. I read the damned manual and it says that the data will remain (which it has) on my 20gig hard-drive.

She is sending me a new (possibly different) transfer kit DIRECTLY from the customer support center in Ontario,Canada.

however..
I am so ^%$^&&% angry...I have attempted (with both hard drives) to connect to xbox live, but when checking for the IP, it says failed. I cannot #$%^#$^ connect to xbox live because this damned cable has buggered my abilities to do so UP.

Best case scenerio: I get the new cable and the transfer goes well and I can access xbox live again on my elite.

Worst case scenerio: The transfer doesn't work (STILL) and I cannot access xbox live.

Note - case mods..ect.. do not apply, I have not modded my 360 and being banned is not a reason. I'm not banned btw.

I'm damn tired, stressed, and angry.

I wanted to let you guys know, hopefully I get some sympathy.