PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 buzzing noise

Thrice2589
06-04-2007, 11:31 PM
I have had an Xbox 360 for about 5 or 6 months now, and its starting to making a buzzing noise..sometimes its loud, sometimes its soft..sometimes it comes and goes. I turn on my 360 the introduction is just fine, and the screen loads just fine..but when I put a CD, DVD, or a game it starts making a buzzing noise. Surprisingly, it does not scratch or ruin any of my discs. Does anyone know what problem it may be. I would really appreciate it. Thank You

HaZarD SFD
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Its the belt or bearings on the CD/DVD drive.. its ok but I would suggest you get it repaired soon.. Mine did that then the video processor blew.

addict
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Mine did that then the video processor blew.

that ****ing sucks a lot of sinisterdonkey ****

laughs
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I have had an Xbox 360 for about 5 or 6 months now, and its starting to making a buzzing noise..sometimes its loud, sometimes its soft..

And then little bear tried his Xbox 360 and it was juuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssst right!

Ainokeatoo-XBA
06-05-2007, 02:38 PM
And then little bear tried his Xbox 360 and it was juuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssst right!

I thought you shut your internet off?

Mine used to do the same thing the buzzing noise, but it stopped after a while and works perfectly fine.

Thrice2589
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Okay, one night I was watching BLOOD DIAMOND on my 360...and I fell asleep watching it and I left my 360 running all night. The next morning I found it still running. So im guesssing it was on for about 12 or 13 hours..would that have affected anything? I did ask some people and they did tell me to ventilate it because I did have it in a tight spot and my power cord was right under my entertainment desk with many other wires. So I put it on top of one of my speakers..its an old speaker but is big so it supports it. I have left it up there now for about 2 days now. The buzzing noise was pretty bad the first day I played it. On the second day,(today), the buzzing noise wasn't as bad..the noise didn't stay for long but later it came back..but was a softer buzzing noise. Is it improving a little..does the ventilation or the air flow have to get ajusted for a little while? THANK YOU

Ainokeatoo-XBA
06-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Okay, one night I was watching BLOOD DIAMOND on my 360...and I fell asleep watching it and I left my 360 running all night. The next morning I found it still running. So im guesssing it was on for about 12 or 13 hours..would that have affected anything? I did ask some people and they did tell me to ventilate it because I did have it in a tight spot and my power cord was right under my entertainment desk with many other wires. So I put it on top of one of my speakers..its an old speaker but is big so it supports it. I have left it up there now for about 2 days now. The buzzing noise was pretty bad the first day I played it. On the second day,(today), the buzzing noise wasn't as bad..the noise didn't stay for long but later it came back..but was a softer buzzing noise. Is it improving a little..does the ventilation or the air flow have to get ajusted for a little while? THANK YOU

Not just for a little while for the whole console life, keep it well ventilated it shouldn't do much to anything so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thrice2589
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Not just for a little while for the whole console life, keep it well ventilated it shouldn't do much to anything so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Its been day three....I have had it on top of my speaker and it seems like it is really improving. The buzzing noise was real soft and only lasted for the first 10-15 minutes, afterwards, the buzzing noise just left and didn't hardly come back. So I guess it is improving then isn't it. Its on top of my speaker that supports it..it has well enough ventilation from the back and the left side. There's maybe 6-8" of space separating the right side of my 360 and my entertainment stand..Is that enough room for air flow or vent.?

Ainokeatoo-XBA
06-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Its been day three....I have had it on top of my speaker and it seems like it is really improving. The buzzing noise was real soft and only lasted for the first 10-15 minutes, afterwards, the buzzing noise just left and didn't hardly come back. So I guess it is improving then isn't it. Its on top of my speaker that supports it..it has well enough ventilation from the back and the left side. There's maybe 6-8" of space separating the right side of my 360 and my entertainment stand..Is that enough room for air flow or vent.?

Don't forget to ventilate the power brick, that also can lead to over heating, all in all if it isn't in a boxed space *IE: entertainment system with cabinets* make sure you keep the door leading to the xbox and power brick open. If it's in an open environment then it should be fine, all you really need to do when it's hot outside is turn on the a/c and you'll be good to go... :cool:

Thrice2589
06-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Don't forget to ventilate the power brick, that also can lead to over heating, all in all if it isn't in a boxed space *IE: entertainment system with cabinets* make sure you keep the door leading to the xbox and power brick open. If it's in an open environment then it should be fine, all you really need to do when it's hot outside is turn on the a/c and you'll be good to go... :cool:

Okay..my power brick is behind my speaker...I have a seperate long rectangular shaped power outlets..that can support up to 12 pluggs...my power brick is the only one that occupies it. Is that a bad Idea...and plus the power cord is all kind of rolled up together on top of the power brick. And there is just a little bit of room between the speaker and the power brick...And when I turn on my 360...the light on the brick is green...when it is off...it is an orange color. Is that normal?
And my Xbox is on top of my speaker so I guess its in an open environment right?

So yours made a buzzing noise...how long did yours sound like that until it got normal again?

WynnFire
06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay..my power brick is behind my speaker...I have a seperate long rectangular shaped power outlets..that can support up to 12 pluggs...my power brick is the only one that occupies it. Is that a bad Idea...and plus the power cord is all kind of rolled up together on top of the power brick. And there is just a little bit of room between the speaker and the power brick...And when I turn on my 360...the light on the brick is green...when it is off...it is an orange color. Is that normal?
And my Xbox is on top of my speaker so I guess its in an open environment right?

So yours made a buzzing noise...how long did yours sound like that until it got normal again?

When my first Xbox360 went down, I was being asked questions by the xbox help desk and they asked if the system was plugged into a wall or surge protector. I told them a protector and they said that may be the problem because the power brick is a surge protector and the system should just be plugged into the wall. I plugged it into the wall and it still didn't work (couldn't read disks of any kind). I have had a refurbished one now for almost 8 months and now it's starting to make noises.

Thrice2589
06-19-2007, 10:21 PM
When my first Xbox360 went down, I was being asked questions by the xbox help desk and they asked if the system was plugged into a wall or surge protector. I told them a protector and they said that may be the problem because the power brick is a surge protector and the system should just be plugged into the wall. I plugged it into the wall and it still didn't work (couldn't read disks of any kind). I have had a refurbished one now for almost 8 months and now it's starting to make noises.

Where do you have your xbox 360 placed at. Is it in a tight spot? Mine was in a tight spot..if yours is in a tight spot..I would suggest to move in an open area to ventilate it. Some one I talkedt to has his on top of his t.v. Or put it on top of a table or just put it somewheres on the floor..once you put it in an open area...keep it there for as long as you keep your system. It will more likely continue making noises for a few days or even a week or so...but it will gradually improve and stop making noises. And make sure your power brick is in an open area as well. Your xbox 360 will have to ajust to its new placement so it can ventilate better. Thats pretty much at least what happened to mine...it started making a buzzing noise so I moved it and it ventialted better...mine doesn't hardly make a buzzing noise anymore.
See the thing is...im started to understand it more...the xbox 360 is such a high powered system and needs space to ventilate and the bower brick needs to be in a open space as well because the console needs all the power it can get because the xbox 360 games spins at an incredibily fast speed. And plus it has two built in fans which I couldn't believe.

And, do you have your 360 standing up or laying down flat. It would be better to lay it down flat because of the high speeds the discs are being read.
I hope this information has been helpful man. Just give it a shot and wait be patient with that noise and will more likely go away.