PDA

View Full Version : I found this wicked article - Top 10 XBOX Games of 2002

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 11:40 AM
This is from gamers.com...It's a wicked video gaming website..
offers insite into all the consoles and games.

They have this BRAND SPANKING NEW ARTICLE on TOP 10 UPCOMING GAMES of 2002

I dont know why buffy the vampire slayer is on it. But check it out. GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid X are on it with release dates that aren't confirmed.

What do you think about the list?

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 11:41 AM
heres the URL: http://www.gamers.com/feature/xboxtop10/index.jsp

xboxmaster2002
03-02-2002, 11:41 AM
sure why not...

xboxmaster2002
03-02-2002, 11:43 AM
not bad but project ego should be like ummmm #1 that game is gonna kick some ass

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 11:51 AM
They didnt mention some of the less talked about but still good lookin games...... like gun metal or...... i cant think of the others.

But my top ten list is:
1. GTA 3
2. Metal gear Solid X
3. Gun Metal
4. The Matrix
5. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
6. Half Life 2
7. Return to Caslte Wolfenstein
8. Brute Force
9. Tony Hawk 3
10. Gun Valkyrie

goto http://members.rogers.com/anthony_i to see my big ass list.

MediocreMike
03-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the list. I only knew about half of those games.

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MediocreMike
Thanks for the list. I only knew about half of those games.

no problemo

Crazy Joe
03-02-2002, 01:20 PM
that list looks pretty good

StudioAlex
03-02-2002, 01:20 PM
It was ok until the top three came along. I don't think ports should be on the list and Unreal at number one? Is that a joke. I'm sure it will be good but that can't be the most anticipated game of 2002. I guess they didn't know about KOTOR at that point yet.

monkeyman
03-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac

But my top ten list is:
1. GTA 3
2. Metal gear Solid X
3. Gun Metal
4. The Matrix
5. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
6. Half Life 2
7. Return to Caslte Wolfenstein
8. Brute Force
9. Tony Hawk 3
10. Gun Valkyrie

omg i want all those sept gun valkyrie and i dont really know what the matrix half life or gun metal are about

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 01:53 PM
i only choose the best games.

StudioAlex
03-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
i only choose the best games.

I think a more accurate description is you only pick games with lots of guns, excepting Tony.

Bucky
03-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the link, wwfomaniac.

My top ten would go a little something like this:
10. JSRF (I still need to pick up this game)
9. Soul Calibur 2
8. Morrowind
7. Shenmue 2
6. Brute Force (How could they have Buffy instead of this game?)
5. Unreal Championship
4. Tony Hawk 4
3. Tekki
2. Star Wars: KOTOR
1. Project Ego

Caspel
03-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Here are my Top 20 games that are coming or should be coming to the Xbox.

#20.) Blade 2 - If it looks as good as the movie does, then for sure it will be a hit

#19.) Spider Man: The Movie Game - Just like Blade 2, the movie looks to be a thriller. Hopefully this game is atleast 3 times better then all the older Spiderman's put together

#18.) Metal Gear Solid X - Yeah I know it was a hit on the PS2, but we are on the XBox now. We have a lot better games coming to the Xbox then this PS2 port. Sure it will be fun, but its not like the greatest one that is even announced. So many games are set to come out that we don't even know about. But good game, just maybe there will be some exclusive additions to the game.

#17.) Panzer Dragoon - If its as popular as Jet Set Radio Future is right now, then for sure this game might just be another Sega classic.

#16.) Rallispot Challenge - Only reason it's so low is because its the closest one to be released. Sure does look fantastic. Microsoft did an okay job with Project Gotham Racing, so lets hope Microsoft tops it atleast with it being 10 times better.

#15.) Return to Castle Wolfenstein - We all know that this will have to compete with Medal of Honor and a few others for shooters galore. This one just happens to fall a few spots down.

#14.) Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon - So far we know Bruce Lee's in the game, and for me thats all I need. Since they added all these fighting techniques, sounds to be really entertaining and another must buy Microsoft published game.

#13.) Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - Everything is uncertain for this game except for one thing, it has a large number of followers who like the books, the movies and next on the list will be the video games.

#12.) Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt - Porting it from the PC, just have it with more exclusives for the XBox. This and Return to Castle Wolfenstein can switch places.

#11.) Grand Theft Auto 3 - It might one of the most controversial but still is a port. GTA3 will be a great addition to the XBox library if you ask me.

#10.) Conflict Desert Storm - This and Battlefeild 1942 are kind of interchangable since both are based on wars. Just Battlefeilds sounds more warlike and hectic.

#09.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Just announced so not much I could do except for predict. So I predicted pretty high of a game. Could fall all the way down in the the high teens.

#08.) Battlefield 1942 - The biggest war game that is coming out. Very interesting and attracting to gamers. Almost a must buy at this point.

#07.) Hunter: The Reckoning - One of the next titles to be released that will be huge, after Rallisport Challenge. The Multiplayer mode sounds like a blast.

#06.) Shemnue 2 - If its anywhere near it's first try, then it will be a hit.

#05.) Enclave - Looks to be a very unique game that will feature many radical things. Comparison to Halo I hear lately.

#04.) Brute Force - Squad-based spectacular that will be released soon too. Only reason its high is because its release date is sooner then most of the rest, which makes everybody's interest boost up.

#03.) UnReal Championship - This online will be a most certain feature that will sell it and the Xbox. Online featuring will make this an unstoppable force for Xbox online gaming.

#02.) Project Ego - Some may disagree but Elder Scrolls will be releasing soon enough and we will get our first taste on Xbox's next massive hit. Ego is next inline for sure.

#01.) Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - Since it has an earlier release date, I put it higher then Project Ego. Both seem fairly equal. All the gameplay in the world.

LynxFX
03-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Seeing that list sure gets me pumped for Unreal Championship. I've always favored Unreal over Quake and think that this game is going to be killer.

#1 anticipated game? **** straight.

Surprised that Brute Force wasn't on the list though.

Caspel
03-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Brute Force was #4 if you were looking at my list.

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 09:32 PM
OMG, I never totally understood Project ego until I read the article on the Top 10 page. silly me :)... I thought it was jsut some sims game but in first person. OMG, Project Ego looks so cool now.

My new TOP 10:

1. GTA 3
2. Metal gear Solid X
3. Gun Metal
4. The Matrix
5. Project Ego
6. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
7. Half Life 2
8. Return to Caslte Wolfenstein
9. Brute Force
10. Tony Hawk 3

sorry Gunvalkyrie, someone had to go.

yall
03-03-2002, 07:55 AM
that list is BS. its on a ziff davis site. they are so pro-sony it makes me sick. they left off some truly amazing games, like most of you have mentioned. if i come across rob smolkas email address, im gonna let him know what a sellout he is.

Caspel
03-03-2002, 08:25 AM
what list are you talking about?