PDA

View Full Version : Will Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic be a good game?

xboxgamer142
03-02-2002, 12:11 PM
The new RPG game, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, was revealed a few days ago by Lucas Arts. I hope the game will be a good game, especially hopefully it will be a good Star Wars game, because the two previous Star Wars games on Xbox were quite poor. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic looks like it will be a good game since it has a good developer, it seems to have good graphics, and it will be coming out for Xbox and PC, which are both sucessful and powerful gaming platforms. In my opinion, it's going to be a very successful Xbox game and I can't wait to play, however I have to wait till Fall 2002 to play it.

StudioAlex
03-02-2002, 12:27 PM
While I disagree with your assesment of Obi Wan and Star Fighter, I am confident this game will be triumphant as it is more a bioware game than a Lucas Arts game, they are only providing a popular license to a proven developer.

cyclaud
03-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Yeah the last 2 SW games werent that bad. Hopefully KOTOR will be good and convine lucasarts to put starwars galxies on xbox

xboxgamer142
03-03-2002, 09:27 AM
I said the previous 2 Star Wars games were poor, that is according to all the reviews including the XBA.com Review and score. Although I didn't say I hated them, because both the previous Star Wars games were pretty cool, especially Starfighter: Special Edition. The thing is that I think Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is going to be a lot better game than the two previous ones, including visuals.

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 10:15 AM
While I can't voice an opinion on the other Star Wars games for the Xbox (Having never played them) I am confident that Knights of the Old Republic will be a good game. I do have Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 with both of the expansions and Planescape Torment all for the PC of course, and let me tell you - BioWare is to RPG's as Id is to FPS's. I don't see how this game could be anything but great UNLESS Luscas Arts pokes their nose into it too much.

johnpyka
03-03-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm not saying it will be a bad game but from the many articles from Lucas Arts they confirm that this game will be Star Wars accurate for all the fans. Star Wars fans are hardcore and if they for the slightest reason change a minute detail then Lucas Arts will suffer. Making it accurate could make this not be as good a game as it has the potential for.

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Agreed!

Getting bogged down in the details could definately ruin the game.

I think that it will come down to a simple matter of who is in control; BioWare or Lucas Arts. If it is BioWare it will be a great game - if it's Lucas Arts it might be a good game. I think that tack they have switched to for game development is a good one. Namely: out-source it to established developers who have prove they can get the job done e.g.: Raven Software is making the next Jedi Knight game.

cyclaud
03-03-2002, 07:21 PM
u really cant say one starwars game is better then the other due to the fact they are different kinds of games

StudioAlex
03-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by johnpyka
I'm not saying it will be a bad game but from the many articles from Lucas Arts they confirm that this game will be Star Wars accurate for all the fans. Star Wars fans are hardcore and if they for the slightest reason change a minute detail then Lucas Arts will suffer. Making it accurate could make this not be as good a game as it has the potential for.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm not even aware of how much stuff is published about that era of Star Wars but I can't imagine that they will be held back by continuity. Also, Star Wars fans will get over it. They need to realise that there is more to life than alternate universes starring jedis and bounty hunters.