PDA

View Full Version : Console War

Xbox
03-02-2002, 01:18 PM
The war is now, or coming very soon. Everyone needs to follow these guidelines, even if they dont understand whats going on.
Everyone here represents the Console X-Box,Ps2,and the Gamecube.The console is represented by the consumers not the game makers. I think anyone who bashes another system is weaked minded. We all need to support the system we are voting for to win this war.Like every war, people will loose. I hope the X-Box will not loose,but anything can happen. So lets act mature cause we are representing the console we own.Im glad to see this communinity helping eachother out. . I am exicited that the next 2 years is gonna be a blood-gushing, elbow brusing war for all games world-wide. Mabye we will see some of the best games come out! Its like a Cold War of console gaming.Well enough babling just wanted to show my thinking of the console war, I hope many of you agree with me since from observing most of you are mature enough

-P.S.-

This smilie is one screwed up smilie:eek:

Xbox
03-02-2002, 03:20 PM
Any opionions?

Muabdi'b
03-02-2002, 07:00 PM
The sooner psx2 dies the better for gamers. A poorly designed machine with many flaws. sony knew they could sell garbage as long as they hyped it and labeled it psx2. If you have to wait 2 years for a developer to make a good game on your machine something is wrong.

psx2 is a let down for consumers but some people will never know because they will never give another console a chance.

Its a marketing game for the general consumer who are the most important factor in a consoles success. Everyone on these boards do not reflect the Marketshare of the industry. Most people buy systems solely on the name a familarity of it and have no clue what makes a good game. That is why you continue to see poor wrestling games and roman numerals after games because it sells a whole lot better that a new game that the General public doesnt know anything about.:mad:

Heyyoudvd
03-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Muabdi'b
The sooner psx2 dies the better for gamers. A poorly designed machine with many flaws. sony knew they could sell garbage as long as they hyped it and labeled it psx2. If you have to wait 2 years for a developer to make a good game on your machine something is wrong.

psx2 is a let down for consumers but some people will never know because they will never give another console a chance.

Its a marketing game for the general consumer who are the most important factor in a consoles success. Everyone on these boards do not reflect the Marketshare of the industry. Most people buy systems solely on the name a familarity of it and have no clue what makes a good game. That is why you continue to see poor wrestling games and roman numerals after games because it sells a whole lot better that a new game that the General public doesnt know anything about.:mad:

Fanboy.

hellfire
03-02-2002, 07:34 PM
have to agree with ya hey - that was the most fanboyish argument I have ever heard. the sooner PS2 dies the better? wtf?

monkeyman
03-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

Fanboy.

hehehehe yup

Marc
03-02-2002, 08:01 PM
I had a PS2. I agree that when you have to wait 2 years for a decent game, something is wrong. I traded my PS2 for an xbox for that very reason. It's not a fanboy argument, it's the truth. PS2 was poorly designed. The xbox is the far superior machine. I just hope they come out with a decent wrestling game soon because Raw was a big flop in my book, no matter how many they sold. And yeah, don't say that I don't know how to play it. I won all the belts and hit finishers at will, but it still was very little fun.

dougi3000
03-02-2002, 08:36 PM
Gamecube has the broadest types of games that will appeal to everyone. While PS2 and Xbox are dedicated to darker teenage male type games.

Heyyoudvd
03-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
Gamecube has the broadest types of games that will appeal to everyone. While PS2 and Xbox are dedicated to darker teenage male type games.

I agree.

Also, why would anyone want any of the 3 major consoles to die? By having competition, each of the 3 major companies is trying to outdo the others in terms of quality, which benefits the gamers (all of us).

Xbox
03-02-2002, 09:01 PM
Ps2 just looks poorly designed cause its 2 years old.

Gamecube will not appeal to everyone, Gamecube's only good FPS and the Perfect Seris. Also, Gamecube (as of right now) does not appeal to all RPG fans,because of the company SquareSoft.Gamecube however appeals to children, parents, old-school fans, and also party people. X-Box appeals to people other than your sick "dark teenagers" Maximus on this forum is 24-30 ( I belive ). I am 15, I dont do any of your dark crap. So please next time dont label me due to something you just belive. You happen to be the darkest person thinking that Fusion Frenzy envoles killing people.

morgan_rhys
03-02-2002, 09:15 PM
I agree with the comment that the last thing anyone should want to happen is for any of the game consoles to go away. The more that Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have to work their butts off to keep one-upping each other the better it is for us all. More third party companies will be drawn into the console markets because there is such a wide user base for them to sell games to.

As far as the "Dark" thing goes... I don't think so. I am 30 years old (God, did I just admit that out loud!) I've been married for nearly 8 years (my wife is nearly as avid of a gamer as I am). I have two wonderful children - This doesn't exactly add up to "Dark" to me. I got an Xbox because I felt that it had the power and support (Bill) that could make it a truely amazing gaming platform.

Confession Time: I do occasionally take part in fanboy like arguments with one of my co-workers who owns a PS2, but it's all in good fun. He and I both know that my Xbox is WAY cooler than his PS2;)

Xbox
03-02-2002, 09:24 PM
Lol, yea Dougie b4 was complaining about the xbox not fitting his families reputation of a gaming system so hes switching to GCube. I dont think he tried hard enough for it to fit in his family. My 9 yearold sister plays Halo with me, so does my "4-sumthing" year old dad. Unless my sisters horse-back riding lessions are code name for "kill the vigin goat" I think our family is painted white :)

gula
03-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Xbox
Lol, yea Dougie b4 was complaining about the xbox not fitting his families reputation of a gaming system so hes switching to GCube. I dont think he tried hard enough for it to fit in his family. My 9 yearold sister plays Halo with me, so does my "4-sumthing" year old dad. Unless my sisters horse-back riding lessions are code name for "kill the vigin goat" I think our family is painted white :)

Really? My 50 year old Dad won't even touch any of the new game system. He always says he wants to learn the controls first, then he will play.

Since he likes golf, looks like I'll have to get Outlaw Golf for him. :D

My sister rarely plays games. (Age: 20)

My brother used to be a big gamer then he just spent the rest of his life at the gym. But when I was playing Halo before with a friend of mine, he said "Whats this"(saying that its pretty cool). So thats pretty cool there, :D . (Age:24)

Xbox
03-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Yea, well my dad doesnt play alot cause he gets sick playing games (usally older generations do) and my sister doesnt really understand the controllers,but I can easily get 20 minutes out of them.

Xbox
03-02-2002, 11:02 PM
Although, My sister is really starting to like Fusion Frenzy Demo, and the JSRF Game. Which is Jet Set Radio Future!

Storm
03-02-2002, 11:06 PM
The console is represented by the consumers not the game makers.

Mabye we will see some of the best games come out!

:confused:

Xbox
03-02-2002, 11:11 PM
What i meant by that is, People who play the console effect the position the console takes. (ex: Some people call the Xbox for M people, and Gamecube for E+) The other thing is.. 3 systems are out, They are gonna be paying for Good Games so they get more customers. Sorry for the mixup

Afro Aura
03-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Look the problem it here only the people who can afford one will get on ie people with jobs, I'm saying this because I was in a shop yesterday and I saw a kids dad buy him a PS2 now I'm sure if the kid has his own money I'm sure he would had made the right choice. Over here the PS2s are 199.99 they used to be 299.99 but with the cost of the machine going down in price an properly his friends having PS2s and maybe sneering at the XBOX, or mabe hes been have words with his dad about the low price who knows?
The other problem is the Game Cube which will be 169.99 which again is cheaper that the XBOX which will be 299.99 so it's gonna be a tough battle over here with the 3 machine fighting for glory

Earlier in one of my posts I had a friend who went out to get a PS2 now he's been to my house had a look played the games and the went out to purchase a PS2 after that he said he would buy a Game Cube as if was cheaper and he saw Rogue Squadron, it is a fanastic game sorry about that I'm not going to buy one I happy with my US XBOX and I'm getting a UK one when it's released over here

So I feel that Mr Gate better come good with the goods or it's a race thats already been lost

dougi3000
03-03-2002, 01:19 AM
Ps2 just looks poorly designed cause its 2 years old.

Gamecube will not appeal to everyone, Gamecube's only good FPS and the Perfect Seris. Also, Gamecube (as of right now) does not appeal to all RPG fans,because of the company SquareSoft.Gamecube however appeals to children, parents, old-school fans, and also party people. X-Box appeals to people other than your sick "dark teenagers" Maximus on this forum is 24-30 ( I belive ). I am 15, I dont do any of your dark crap. So please next time dont label me due to something you just belive.

LOL, i meant the games being "dark" not the person playing it.
as in "dark moody" games. Like all the creepy monster games, the violent games, the post apocalyptic games, beat people/monsters to a pulp games, etc.

For me, I would like to have some comforting, relaxing games sometimes, not the intense "OMG, SOMETHING IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!" games all the time. I have enough stress in my life already.

Highlite23
03-03-2002, 06:32 PM
See my post "Best quote against system bashing..."