PDA

View Full Version : MS recieving 2500 broken 360s per day!

sojourner
06-28-2007, 04:47 AM
This gives an idea how badly made this machine is...http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=1143

And thats just the UK.:mad: I am on my third drive already and if it goes again it's out the door!

NiNeBReaKeR
06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
i havent had a problem with mine yet thank god:hail:

addict
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
so much for 3 ****ing %

FatBox
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Amazing.

Ainokeatoo
06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
my first 360 has yet to have a problem... Consider half of these people probably don't even take good care of their things It's not how poorly made they are it's just how poorly treated the owners treated their consoles.

laughs
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I haven't had a problem yet, but hopefully I will in the coming days :)

ChessPieceFace
06-28-2007, 05:11 PM
My first one broke, I hope my repaired one doesn't. If it does I really consider a PS3 . Even tho I dont like the PS3 as much its about customer loyalty to me

FatBox
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I haven't had a problem yet, but hopefully I will in the coming days :)

Wow that made me laugh pretty hard.
:rofl:

mattgame
06-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I had one go out on me that's one out of three. I'm satisfied.

CrazyCougar
06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I took proper care of my systems. Its out in the open and well ventilated on top of a shelf. So dont give me the line that these systems are failing due to improper use. I have had 5 of them fail on me since I got one in January 2006. There is definitely a problem with faulty manufacturing.

Ainokeatoo
07-02-2007, 03:09 AM
I took proper care of my systems. Its out in the open and well ventilated on top of a shelf. So dont give me the line that these systems are failing due to improper use. I have had 5 of them fail on me since I got one in January 2006. There is definitely a problem with faulty manufacturing.

Improper use is one of the causes, in your case it's the manufacturing or shipping *trust me shipping is a huge problem, damn mailmans don't give a **** if it's fragile or not... I've seen'em on tv*...

killerscott
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I have had mine since the day it came out and all was good... That is untill I moved two weeks ago! Once I got settled in, and decided to power on the old 360, I got the ring of death. So sad... Luckily I bought the warrenty, and for some unknown reason they extended it another two years, so its covered. Shipping to them now. The man at UPS did give a smirk when he saw it and said " Oh another Microsoft? We have been getting a lot of those." Hopefully they fix the thing.

ll Mista GT ll
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Improper use is one of the causes, in your case it's the manufacturing or shipping *trust me shipping is a huge problem, damn mailmans don't give a **** if it's fragile or not... I've seen'em on tv*...

They should be built to resist breaking during transit. You don't hear about 2500 Dells breaking everyday. How about PS3s?

I'm on my 3rd 360 now. You know what though? I'm happy, because Microsoft sent me two back by accident, and I have an extra year warranty on both of them :)

Thanks Microsoft! <3

ChessPieceFace
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
They should be built to resist breaking during transit. You don't hear about 2500 Dells breaking everyday. How about PS3s?

I'm on my 3rd 360 now. You know what though? I'm happy, because Microsoft sent me two back by accident, and I have an extra year warranty on both of them :)

Thanks Microsoft! <3

Wow nice ! That should be standard.

ll Mista GT ll
07-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow nice ! That should be standard.

I know. The funny thing is though, the extra one that they sent to me, ARRIVED with the 3 red lights. Thats right, it was "repaired" and sent back not working. But now its a new one and I'm trying to sell it. So if any XBA brothers need one, let me know.

ChessPieceFace
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
I know. The funny thing is though, the extra one that they sent to me, ARRIVED with the 3 red lights. Thats right, it was "repaired" and sent back not working. But now its a new one and I'm trying to sell it. So if any XBA brothers need one, let me know.

Wow LOL they sent a free broken 360 heh thats payment microsoft style

ll Mista GT ll
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Lmfao yea tell me about it :p

Ainokeatoo
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks Microsoft! <3

Even if they were, people still just don't care and throw **** >.>" but it's all good...

ll Mista GT ll
07-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Even if they were, people still just don't care and throw **** >.>" but it's all good...

Theres no denying that employees probably just throw them around, but the problem isnt loose parts, its a known fact about the processor not being made correctly or something like that.

CrazyCougar
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM

I would say, yes you are right. BUT, I have never sent one back to MS for it to be botched by parcel carriers. They have ALL been new from the store. (Warranty through EB of course to get a new one each time). Now yes, alas, they are shipped via UPS, FedEx, etc...to the retail outlets, but so is every other piece of electronic component to these same stores without the high failure rate. There is a problem other than shipping, and MS knows this damn well.

l Maximus l
07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm fortunate - I have a launch 360 and I have never had a problem with it. But, like Laughs said, I really hope it breaks soon!

Reclaimer
07-03-2007, 01:37 AM
I've had mine for a little over a year now and it still runs. In fact, it's only locked up twice. Once on the Test Drive demo and once during Project Gotham Racing 3. But beyond that, I keep the unit on the middle shelf of an open air audio pier. The power brick is on the lower shelf. It lays on it's side and for the longest time I've kept the 360 sitting on top of a old USB 15in laptop cooler plate that plugs into the rear USB port. The plate is pushing air up into the bottom of the 360.
The added benefit is that the 360 is bigger than the plate so you can't really notice it.

Anyway.. so far so good. Hopefully it keeps working.

WynnFire
07-03-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm on my second and it's failing, nearly a year after I got it from microsoft support. The drive is making a weird noise whenever I put a disk inside.

CrazyCougar
07-05-2007, 07:35 PM
So MS extends the warranty to 3 years on all Xbox 360's.....Its about time they admit there is a problem. And to those that were defending MS....Well, I'll just leave it at that.

ll Mista GT ll
07-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I was just about to say that Cougar. Thanks.

Heres a link: http://ca.news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Symbol=US:MSFT&Feed=PR&Date=20070705&ID=7128556

Guess you were wrong ainokeatoo. I treat all my electronics with tender love and care :)

mattgame
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe but at least they have the nuts to say they f'ed up and pay to fix it themselves!:mad:

CrazyCougar
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
It took them how long to grwo a set though????? Kudo's to the change, and kudo's to them for finally admitting a problem. To hell with them for denying it and lying for the past year though.

mattgame
07-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Bill Gates is my daddy!!:cuss:

Ainokeatoo
07-08-2007, 02:13 AM
I was just about to say that Cougar. Thanks.

Heres a link: http://ca.news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Symbol=US:MSFT&Feed=PR&Date=20070705&ID=7128556

Guess you were wrong ainokeatoo. I treat all my electronics with tender love and care :)

Nope, not necessarily wrong, my assumptions could be a part of the problems that they're having... Here let me paint a picture.... Have you seen that starwars movie with anakin as a boy? You remember how that alien thing pulled that thing off his little podracer or just moved it basically breaking the damn thing? But it still worked for most of the race *teh podracer*... It's just like the system, the postal service could be a culprit so could the owner and more than likely the company... You could drop it once and it doesn't even have to be a very high drop, it'd still work but later down the road due to you dropping it, it'd give you the ring of death and choke you like a betch, and you wouldn't think you dropping it caused the problem seeing as it had worked just fine earlier. All i'm saying is it's not just the company's fault, even though it is their fault a majority of the time.

ll Mista GT ll
07-08-2007, 12:35 PM
It is 100% the company's fault (Microsoft). They need to build the consoles to withstand small shocks. Its a gaming console that many people move around to other friend's houses. Its not a computer that always sits there everyday. The 360 is more of a "toy" in a way. The original Xboxes did not have this problem. The only problems were the disc drives failing, and the power cord recall. The 360 was simply not built right the first time, and thats all there is to say about it.

CrazyCougar
07-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree 100% Cadillax. In this case, its not anyone's fault but MS. They have admitted many facts to that reason. The biggest would be that the extensive testing they have been doing shows that the 360 can fail in many cases with a common problem. That has absolutely nothing to do with logistics. Its all about shotty manufacturing. That lands the blame SOLELY on Microsofts shoulders.

You may be trying to come out smelling like a rose ainokeatoo, but the fact is, everything about this 360 problem stinks. And it ALL points to MS's quality of product, not shipping problems, hence MS changing their warranty on ALL 360's.

Reclaimer
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Whoops, spoke too soon. I was playing Lego Star Wars Trilogy and it locked up.
Reboot and we're back in business.

Variation-XBA
07-09-2007, 12:16 AM
How come people arn't bringing up the fact ps2's had an 80%ish failure rate awhile after launch usually just out of warranty? It doesn't make things better, but people sure love to jump on the bandwagon.

CrazyCougar
07-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Why turn it into a Sony argument? Failure rates will happen, but 80%...come on. I dont think so. When you can post facts about that, then I will believe it.

Otherwise, to me that statement is portraying just another MS fanboy opinion, trying to protect the integrity of MS as a whole. Microsoft is a horrible company when it comes to customer service and satisfaction! Always has, and always will be. MS HAD to step up and admit to a problem or they would have ended up losing the console battle in the end.

Hedao
07-09-2007, 06:37 AM
[MS as a whole. Microsoft is a horrible company when it comes to customer service and satisfaction! Always has, and always will be. [/QUOTE]

Is that an opinion or a fact. It sounds like an Opinion. Do you have a study that proves Microsoft is this way?

mattgame
07-09-2007, 07:46 AM
How come people arn't bringing up the fact ps2's had an 80%ish failure rate awhile after launch usually just out of warranty? It doesn't make things better, but people sure love to jump on the bandwagon.

I did. I remember that everyone was complaining because they kept overheating. I remember it well. Mine did twice. I only had one 360 go on me.

Whisper
07-09-2007, 10:03 AM
My 2nd box died this weekend, replacement coming for free.. three red lights.

Oh well, at least the service is very good.

Sony has just announced a $100 price cut. I guess MSFT is next.

laughs
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm fortunate - I have a launch 360 and I have never had a problem with it. But, like Laughs said, I really hope it breaks soon!

Yeah mine is a launch 360 too

God these other gamers must be savages, isn't that right Maximus? lol

Whisper
07-09-2007, 11:07 AM
It's true. I waterboarded my 360 when it froze that one time..

DAMN YOU. YOU MUST NEVER TURN OFF WITH OUT MY PERMISSION

CrazyCougar
07-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Is that an opinion or a fact. It sounds like an Opinion. Do you have a study that proves Microsoft is this way?

Of course its an opinion, but most anyone that has ever dealt with MS or an MS product will agree. MS cares about money, and money only. The company is so large that blemishes to its name are really just shrugged off, and customer opinion matters little. Why? Because in this world we are pretty much forced to use MS products day in and day out. One example would be, 90% of the PC's you buy in the retail world...come with pre-installed with Windows. Forcing your hand from the start.

In this case, the problem was too large for MS to just shrug off. Especially if they want any chance at winning the console war. They were holding their hard line stance until basically recently when all non industry press about MS's 360 was bad to terrible. Then given no choice, they decided to become customer friendly for once.

I love my 360, but i absolutely HATE Microsoft.

mattgame
07-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Bill Gates is my daddy!!

Variation-XBA
07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Why turn it into a Sony argument? Failure rates will happen, but 80%...come on. I dont think so.

Otherwise, to me that statement is portraying just another MS fanboy opinion, trying to protect the integrity of MS as a whole.

I'm not turning it into a Sony argument, just pointing out that LAUNCH ps2's were more than double the failures (Blue bottom discs and disc read errors anyone?), but everyone sees 360's 33%ish (hard numbers anywhere?) and freak out and forget how many ps2's had to be replaced back near 2001.

I'm not even close to an MS fanboy, thats why I have the other systems and play more than just my 360. You've been around here almost as long as me, and should know that I'm pretty far from a fanboy, but hey, whatever argument you need to downplay things you dislike. :cool:

ChessPieceFace
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I think back then the PS2 was the thing to have so bad people overlooked it on purpose. Now there is competition so the magnifying glass is on which system has failures because there is more buying options.

ll Mista GT ll
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I love my 360, but i absolutely HATE Microsoft.

Exactly. The fact that when I call Microsoft (often) and I get a person who can't speak English bothers me. I have to go through "Max" in order to get to an operator, thats garbage. I'm on hold for half hour, I mean its ridiculous. Microsoft products can be nice, but If I could, I would switch to something better.

CrazyCougar
07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not even close to an MS fanboy, thats why I have the other systems and play more than just my 360. You've been around here almost as long as me, and should know that I'm pretty far from a fanboy, but hey, whatever argument you need to downplay things you dislike. :cool:

I ddint call you an MS fanboy. I said you statement resembled that of an opinion one would hear from an MS fanboy. I dont acuse anyone of fanboyism unless they declare it themsleves...LOL!

Anyhow, there are no hard numbers on either the PS2 or 360 failure rates and every number is complete speculation. The bottom line is, its alot more than the standard 2-3% norm for electronics which MS stated a while back that they were well within the acceptable range.

Ainokeatoo
07-15-2007, 07:05 AM
So MS extends the warranty to 3 years on all Xbox 360's.....Its about time they admit there is a problem. And to those that were defending MS....Well, I'll just leave it at that.

Is that warranty for those who actually filled out the original one? Or is it all of them?

killerscott
07-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Is that warranty for those who actually filled out the original one? Or is it all of them?

I think it must just be those who filled out the warranty. I got a letter in the mail about it extending the one i bought. I don't think they would be able to tell when you bought your 360. IDK about the ones you guys bought, but I know that the one i bought they didn't scan the serial number.

CrazyCougar
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Its is on ALL 360's. We are still within a 3 year window for any 360 that has been purchased since launch. If you have connected your 360 to Xbox Live in anyway, then there is a footprint that will help them approximate the time of purchase. While not fullproof since you could obviously have bought a used console, they have a pretty good idea.

killerscott
07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Its is on ALL 360's. We are still within a 3 year window for any 360 that has been purchased since launch. If you have connected your 360 to Xbox Live in anyway, then there is a footprint that will help them approximate the time of purchase. While not fullproof since you could obviously have bought a used console, they have a pretty good idea.

or if you got live six months later. but yeah i guess i shoulda done the math because there is no 360 over 3 years yet haha. It seems like we've spent so much more time then that together.

mattgame
07-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I swear I admit there may have been a problem but I don't know anyone who machine broke down in my world anyway.

CarGuy
07-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I went through 3 XBox's but i havent had a problem with my 360. I had it on the carpet at my parents house and it over heated once but it started up after i let it cool down. At the very least i've played 150+ hours of oblivion. Clearly I've played more.. who knows? I guess im just lucky...

Ainokeatoo
07-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Ah... lol ty guys not that i'm worried because really the only problems I had with mine was the freezing, and half the time it was my fault... Other than that I stopped playing oblivion because for some reason the streets disappeared O.O yeah I know xD but whatever...

Thrice2589
07-16-2007, 11:53 PM
My first one went out just the other night..im sending it in about in a week..so If it goes out again or the don't repair it properly...then Im just going to give up on the 360 and consider the PS3..im getting kinda tired of messing with it..i didn't keep it ventilated at first..but later I did. It improved but eventually went out on me

mattgame
07-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Admittedly, they have had a problem but it's still an amazing machine imo.

ShannonX
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I guess I have absolutely fabulous luck with consoles. Haven't had any troubles with either xbox that I've owned. Owned the first from day 1 and owned the 360 as soon as I could find one in stock.