PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own DIRT?

l Maximus l
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
This game looks insane...I'm really debating on picking it up. My favorite two genres are racers and shooters...

I read the XBA review, which was written nicely. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about it that owns it here.

I love Rallisport Challenge and I'm wondering if this is as good or if it's better.

HaZarD SFD
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Why thank you for those words of kindness.. I still have the game.. Ill be playing it tonight.

Add HaZarD SFD to your friends list.

Shawn-XBA
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I defiantly recommend buying DiRT, I remember playing RallySport Challenge back on the Xbox and this game is funner to play IMO. DiRT blends realistic and arcade racing very nicely. The only thing that I wish it had is a standard multiplayer.

Moparwill
06-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Download and try the demo. I found it was challenging enough to make me drool over it. I too am a racing fan. I am anxiosly awaiting the new releases. Forza is amazing, yet, I felt the demo for Dirt shows more potential. Snatch it up...

l Maximus l
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Download and try the demo. I found it was challenging enough to make me drool over it. I too am a racing fan. I am anxiosly awaiting the new releases. Forza is amazing, yet, I felt the demo for Dirt shows more potential. Snatch it up...

Ah, yes...good call, brother Moparwill....I'll check out the Marketplace...

Sweet!

Also, thanks so far with everyone's feedback...the last racing game I bought was NFS: Carbon, which I really liked. I tend to lean more towards more of an arcade style of racing; though, I'm a big fan of Moto GP as well, so, I'm kind of mixed...I guess it depends on the game.

I used to love Burnout, but, as I've played more and more racers, it's a little too arcadish, but still fun to play around with.

ShannonX
07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Yup, I got it a few days after it was released (damn stores didn't have it in stock around here for 4 days after release day).

The game was fun, but in my opinion, the last 2 tiers or so of the pyramid just seemed to repetitive. While the CORR racing was fun, just seemed that there was a touch to much of that for me. Also, I wish there could have been a few more of the tracks from RC 2 to show up in Dirt. And seriously, I would love to get some of the hill climb cars on those CORR tracks, because there are some insanely sweet jumps that are just begging for 120 mph take off. :D

Other than that though, good solid game, despite the fact of the lacking multiplayer pieces.

l Maximus l
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Cool, Shannon...thanks for hooking a brother up with the info. I just may pick this up to kill some time before September 25th...

The game just looks freakin' sweet. I still haven't had time to download the demo, though...I will within the next few days...

ll Mista GT ll
07-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Shannon, welcome back buddy. Can I ask what the hell DiRT is?

l Maximus l
07-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Shannon, welcome back buddy. Can I ask what the hell DiRT is?

Dude! Not to bust in too much, but, it's a killer looking rally sport racing game...... I'm actually kind of stoked about it only because I dig Rallisport Challenge and even Colin McCrae....

SamSmith
07-04-2007, 05:30 AM
I would hav given it a look-- but the lack of live multiplayer grinds my gears.

ShannonX
07-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Its a very fun rally game. If you ever played rallisport challenge or rallisport challenge 2, you will love Collin McCrae: Dirt. Even if you haven't played any of the rallisport games, if you enjoy rally racing in general, this is a must buy (if but for single player career portion).

One thing to note though. If you are looking to buy all the cars, after you beat a race at a specific level (say pro-am), the skill level's beneath it will have drastically reduced monetary rewards. Most races I did a amature/clubman depending on the track, others I was able to eventually beat at pro-am/pro.

I could have probably tried doing pro-am most of the way through, but I used the lower skill level as a practice run, then worked my way up in skill, while also gaining more money) and I'm always trying to beat my best times. :)

Sam:
If you have any game stores that sell pre-owned games, I'd give them a look and see if you can find Dirt at a bargain deal. I did that with Prey awhile back, picked up a mint copy for 19 bucks (still about 30 or so in stores where I love)

Moparwill
07-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I just finished the Career mode last night. Some of the tracks are very challenging due to lighting and narrow tree lines. I played most on Pro-Am, I bought too many different skins, and not enough cars. I rented it and completed all but 7 acheivments in a 10 days. The only reason that I wouldn't buy it, is due to its limited online play.

Zimmbob
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I vote it as being the best racer yet to be out on the 360. Extremely realistic and you are always driving on the edge of your seat. Intense racing for sure. DiRT or Forza some ask.. my opinion go with DiRT. Or you could wait for this rally car game (which i have spontaneously forgot the name of) which has destructible terrain. As in you can actually form ruts in the track!

ShannonX
07-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I vote it as being the best racer yet to be out on the 360. Extremely realistic and you are always driving on the edge of your seat. Intense racing for sure. DiRT or Forza some ask.. my opinion go with DiRT. Or you could wait for this rally car game (which i have spontaneously forgot the name of) which has destructible terrain. As in you can actually form ruts in the track!

I think you're talking about Sega Rally Revo.

CrazyCougar
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Actually no, there is another one that is the one he is talking about. Xtreme Rally or something to that effect. It looks AWESOME!!! I'll find a link on Youtube and post in a bit.

Ok here are some links :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rviFqeLHvA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvdhUZZO-8&mode=related&search=

ShannonX
07-20-2007, 12:43 PM
well, actually, the game I listed does the exact same thing...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/segarallyrevo/news.html?sid=6172866&mode=recent

So while the overriding principle for Sega Rally is evolution rather than revolution, there are many features in the new game that would have been unimaginable on last generation's consoles, let alone the arcade original. Perhaps spotting a new trend with the arrival of MotorStorm, the ace up Sega Rally's sleeve is deformable terrain, and it's used to great visual and physical effect in the game. Sega throws all sorts of environments at its engine and adapts them dynamically, meaning that no one lap is ever the same as the last. For example, tracks in the snow melt to reveal a slushy mess, while the inroads left in dirt tracks will throw your car around considerably more on the second lap than they did on the first. With force feedback through the wheel or joypad, races in Sega Rally become noticeably more difficult as you progress.

CrazyCougar
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Excellent, thanks for the info Shannon!!!

ShannonX
07-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I was curious, have any of you played dirt with a wheel setup? If so, does it make it easier to control under certain situations?