PDA

View Full Version : ROCK BAND! (Metallica!!)

Bakeman
07-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Okay okay.. so the first songs have officially been revealed.. and METALLICA Enter Sandman is on the list!!! OMG I just shat myself... this is amazing!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this game!!!!!!!

I tried to preorder it today at GameCrazy but the lady said they weren't taking any yet.. *shrug*

FIRST 16 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED ROCK BAND SONGS:

1970s
The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Mountain "Mississippi Queen"*
David Bowie "Suffragette City"
Black Sabbath "Paranoid"*
Blue Oyster Cult "Don't Fear the Reaper"
The Ramones "Rockaway Beach”

1980s
Rush "Tom Sawyer"*
Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead or Alive"

1990s
Nirvana "In Bloom"
Stone Temple Pilots "Vasoline"
Weezer "Say It Ain't So"
Foo Fighters “Learn to Fly”
Metallica “Enter Sandman”

2000s
The Hives "Main Offender"
The Strokes "Reptilia"
Queens of the Stone Age "Go With the Flow"

And holy crap!!! They are going to have more available for download!!

The disc will initially ship with the classic track, 'Enter Sandman', but Harmonix has promised that the company will be delving deeply into the band's extensive catalog of tracks to ensure all the major hits are covered.

"Our goal was to bring a deep musical experience to Rock Band by providing not just one song by a player's favorite artist, but a carefully-chosen career-spanning array," stated Paul DeGooyer, MTV's Senior Vice President, Audio, Home Video and Games. "Metallica has never been afraid to let their fans get closer, and now those fans will be able to inhabit this incredible music in a completely new way."

Bakeman
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
wow a whole day.. 23 views.. and no replies... am I the only one hyped?

NiNeBReaKeR
07-13-2007, 07:13 AM
what kind of game is this like guitar hero or somthing ??

CrazyCougar
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I'd rather see some older, better Metallica. But glad to see BOC on their and Bon Jovi.

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
omg no... I think this is the one where you play the drums... Right?

CrazyCougar
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Drums, Bass, Guitar or Lead Vocals.

Variation-XBA
07-13-2007, 12:19 PM
XBA Band anyone? ;)

Ainokeatoo
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
XBA Band anyone? ;)

OoOoh we can be like that youtube band lol I can't play bass, guitar, drums, and my singing isn't the best... But helll... I play a mean ukelele xD

MXracer721
07-13-2007, 05:40 PM
QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh that band doesn't get the respect they deserve, good to see em make this game. I need more info on this game though to me it almost seems to complicated to be able to pick it up and just play. I'm prolly wrong but that's my first uninformed impression.

Reclaimer
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Metallica has never been afraid to let their fans get closer, and now those fans will be able to inhabit this incredible music in a completely new way."

Just don't download their music or Lars Ulrich will sue you. What a crock of **** that was.

So what is this game? You play the whole damn band? I mean, is it like more than 2 players? My wife gets pissed when my buddy and I start playing GH2 because she gets left out, so we have to rotate guitarists in.

CarGuy
07-13-2007, 09:58 PM
From what i heard it sounds cool.. drums, bass, guitar, etc, blaa, blaa... however Metallica can suck my left nut.

Variation-XBA
07-13-2007, 10:45 PM
So what is this game? You play the whole damn band? I mean, is it like more than 2 players? My wife gets pissed when my buddy and I start playing GH2 because she gets left out, so we have to rotate guitarists in.

2 Guitars (lead and bass), drums, and singer with microphone. :hump:

Bakeman
07-14-2007, 12:04 AM
UGH.. I'm shocked to hear all these people that don't know about the game..

IGN.com people look up the game... It's going to be sweet...

The guitar, drums, and vocals all have their own single player campaigns...
Then you can play up to 4 players Drums, Vocals, Guitar, and Bass (a 2nd guitar)

It's going to be niiiiiiiiice

FatBox
07-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Not sure how that will work. I guess I'll see when it comes out.

Slowride
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I saw a live demo of it. Looked pretty lame imo.

MXracer721
07-14-2007, 04:09 PM
The guitar, drums, and vocals all have their own single player campaigns...
Then you can play up to 4 players Drums, Vocals, Guitar, and Bass (a 2nd guitar)

It's going to be niiiiiiiiice

Sweet now after paying 400 for a 360 you get to pay another 400 to play this game........guitars and drums i'm sure are not cheap. OK so it might not cost 400 for the game, but I'm sure its not cheap.....anyone know what retail is to have the complete game with all the guitars, drums and microphone? This game may be amazing but it's just too much IMO. Guitar hero......pick up the guitar and play. I'll stick with that.

CrazyCougar
07-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Price points have not been announced. Early prices were just rumors. Harmonix has promised that the game and its accessories will not break the bank. I am taking an early guess that its going to cost around $130-$150 total to get everything.

Variation-XBA
07-14-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm going to guess around the $150 mark as well, but it remains to be seen. Can always just get the instrument you only want to play instead of the bundle though

Bakeman
07-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Ebgames has guitar listed at 80.. drums at 80... mic at 30... game at 60 of course..
and they have a bundle at 200

CrazyCougar
07-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Right but those were early numbers that insiders were assuming would be correct. They did the same with the Halo 3 Helmet bundle, listing it at $99 before any kind of price was even released. EB will change those prices, if need be, when the actual MSRP is released. No price point has yet been set by Harmonix or EA.