PDA

View Full Version : Online fees

Wreckless
03-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Will we have to pay for online playing with the Xbox?

I hope not.

I have already spent(Xbox=300+ 2 contollers=80+ 5 games= 250)
$630.:eek: :eek:

I wouldn't mind paying $50-80 to get started, but I am not made of money.

Maybe emailing Microsoft about the how much you have already spent cant hurt(but probably wont help)

How much are yall willing 2 pay?:)

GRAVEDIGGER
03-02-2002, 08:55 PM
I dont think that the online charges will begin that high, because according to OXM they figure Microsoft officials have though about the price being anywhere from 15/month and upwards:cool:
So it shouldnt be that bad.

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

wweomaniac
03-02-2002, 09:08 PM
yeah i heard 14.99/mo. I put a post up yest asking but no one replied to mine.. too bad for me. I had to figure out the hard way.

morgan_rhys
03-02-2002, 09:23 PM
I'd have to say that anything much over $10 US a month might put me off signing up. I already pay $44 a month for my cable modem, and I'm not sure how much more I'm going to be willing to shell out. Thats the primary reason that I haven't gotten into any MMORPGs I've tried to figure if I would really be getting my money's worth out of it. Hopefully there will be enough compelling reasons to subscribe to Xbox Online that I won't care if its $5 or $20 or whatever. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Adema
03-02-2002, 10:02 PM
I can't wait utill XBox goes online. Then we can play games like Unreal Championship. I just hope its not too expensive because I have a tight budget. You know with all my game buying.

Highlite23
03-03-2002, 06:48 PM
I think MS may be taking there time with this to address just this question. Price point for online-gaming may make or break xbox, let's face it, it was one of the stronger selling points. But just like you said, your not made of money.

I have no problem waiting till October, but i hope they don't blind side the consumer.

A $10.00 to $15.00 monthly fee i think would be acceptable, obviously someone will be upset paying anything at all, but i think the majority could rationalize a minimal fee.

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 08:18 PM
I accept that there will be a fee, but I'd honestly say that anything ove $10 US is going too far. When the majority of MMORPGs go for $10 per month, which the marketplace has grown accustomed to; it seems that to not be seen as "ripping us off" Microsoft will have to try to stay at or near that price point. I think that the cases are similar enough - both are in essence supplying on going propriatary content as well as server access for the monthly fee. This is much different from access service providers, which Xbox online is not going to be. We still all have to pay the approx. $30-$70 a month for our broadband service.