PDA

View Full Version : Temp Solution To The Ring Of Death!

laughs
08-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I've never ran into any problems yet, but I expect to shortly! :cheers: Here's a temp solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w

FatBox
08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I should have done that before I sent mine in. I'd rather do that every 4-5 days then have to wait 4-6 weeks before I get it back.

MXracer721
08-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Who woulda thought that would work? Not me that's for sure, but good to know

Variation-XBA
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry, but if you are doing that I hope it gets wrecked even more. Send it in for FREE, listen to him in the video, he doesn't even know what/how/why. People even think it's 're-sauldering' the connectors back.

Conchord
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I sent my xbox in to get fixed for this, and now that the red rings are gone, they somehow managed to **** up my power button, which I now have to basically hit with a hammer to press.

Variation, wtf mate?

Variation-XBA
08-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I sent my xbox in to get fixed for this, and now that the red rings are gone, they somehow managed to **** up my power button, which I now have to basically hit with a hammer to press.

Variation, wtf mate?

Call them back and be like wtf xbox fix this.

Why you blaming **** on me, like I know wtf they did :P

telling you, stuffs alot easier when you have a friend that works in an electronic dept ;)

Conchord
08-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Well, if you do, give me his ****ing card asshat! ;)

Also, I really don't feel like sending my xbox all the way back to them (even though I am in the same state as the repair center)... I will just continue mashing my button until you get me that mad crazy discount on an Elite. ;););)

Variation-XBA
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Yea, I'll get right on that :p

Here I go.... start counting

Conchord
08-12-2007, 10:39 PM
D
I
C
K

ll Mista GT ll
08-12-2007, 11:44 PM
sechs, I sent mine in because of the 3 lights as well, and my power button is **** too. thats weird.

but yea, I wish i could try this and confirm :(

CrazyCougar
08-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I recently sent one off and it took about 2 weeks to process and get back to me. They sent me a brand new system since they couldnt fix the one I sent them.

Conchord
08-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I recently sent one off and it took about 2 weeks to process and get back to me. They sent me a brand new system since they couldnt fix the one I sent them.

Lucky bastard. Hopefully this one is already a refurb.

MrGTI
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
It's an interesting solution. It's worth trying. It can't hurt it much more than it already is (if it's dead).

SnoochyBoochy
08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
lol someone at the store told me about this about a week back. seems like an extreme last ditch effort to save your console. i figure if you have to do that to ur console you might as well just send er back. or if you got an extended service agreement just return it to EB! :hump:

Shawn-XBA
09-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Mine got the three red rings yesterday, I think I'm going to see if this works. I'll let you guys know in a little while.

Edit: It actually works. I wrapped my console in 2 towels for a little over 20 mins. Let it cool down for about 15 mins and it works again. I'll let you guys know when it stops working again.

l Maximus l
09-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I hate to say it, but, I have a launch 360 and I haven't had a single problem yet!

Conchord
09-11-2007, 03:26 PM
You hate to say it, and yet you say it in every three rings of death thread... ****ER!

l Maximus l
09-12-2007, 12:15 AM
You hate to say it, and yet you say it in every three rings of death thread... ****ER!

hahahahaha...nice, dude...yeah, with my luck, though, it will happen the day Halo 3 comes out!!! :eek:

FatBox
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
hahahahaha...nice, dude...yeah, with my luck, though, it will happen the day Halo 3 comes out!!! :eek:

I'd ****in shoot myself.

Ainokeatoo
09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Mine got the three red rings yesterday, I think I'm going to see if this works. I'll let you guys know in a little while.

Edit: It actually works. I wrapped my console in 2 towels for a little over 20 mins. Let it cool down for about 15 mins and it works again. I'll let you guys know when it stops working again.

I honestly don't know how that works because really, I thought the three rings of death were for system part failure or something of that magnitude...

l Maximus l
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd ****in shoot myself.

lol, dude...Yeah, no kidding. I've also been jonesing for this game as much as you have been. We should hook up and play on-line co-op and recruit a couple more XBAers to join in. I plan on working a short day early in the morning and coming home to play. Chesspieceface would be a good one since we played all the way through the Campaign for Gears of War and we had a blast! :)

FatBox
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
lol, dude...Yeah, no kidding. I've also been jonesing for this game as much as you have been. We should hook up and play on-line co-op and recruit a couple more XBAers to join in. I plan on working a short day early in the morning and coming home to play. Chesspieceface would be a good one since we played all the way through the Campaign for Gears of War and we had a blast! :)

Yeah that would be sweet. I'll be up all night so I'll surely be online when you get on. You're still playing on Ewok though right? Seems like you haven't been on in forever.

ChessPieceFace
09-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Ah yes that was fun ! I still remember the cart tunnel mission, and how much it got under my skin after I kept dying and dying. But I will say this Maxi here is a very patient guy to play with I thought for sure he would have booted me for screwing up so many times on that part. But I had the last laugh when the sweet irony came when I didn't die and he did haha almost had it to. Fun times. Now does that mean on Tue afternoon you will be available ? I'm usually off work around 1:30 pm. And how about your teacher friend ? Is he coming to ?

l Maximus l
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Ah yes that was fun ! I still remember the cart tunnel mission, and how much it got under my skin after I kept dying and dying. But I will say this Maxi here is a very patient guy to play with I thought for sure he would have booted me for screwing up so many times on that part. But I had the last laugh when the sweet irony came when I didn't die and he did haha almost had it to. Fun times. Now does that mean on Tue afternoon you will be available ? I'm usually off work around 1:30 pm. And how about your teacher friend ? Is he coming to ?

I'll be available, likely, at 1:30pm, but, I don't think my Teacher buddy will be ready yet. He'll probably be ready around 3:00pm, though...knowing him, he'll bounce home immediately after school is over so he can play it!

His 360 recently crapped out so he had to ship it in to Microsoft, but, he'll have it easily back in time. I just hope mine doesn't poop out on me right when Halo 3 comes out! I have a launch box and haven't faced the red lights of death yet!

l Maximus l
09-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah that would be sweet. I'll be up all night so I'll surely be online when you get on. You're still playing on Ewok though right? Seems like you haven't been on in forever.

Actually, my new nickname is "xHacker Breau", but, I changed it directly, so, anyone that has my old one "l Ewok l" on their friend's list should now have "xHacker Breau" automatically. So, if you're wondering who "xHacker Breau" is, it's me!

As of late, I've been pretty busy with work and haven't been playing as much as I like. Trust me, though...when Halo 3 comes out, I'll be on it all of the time - I can assure you!

It appears that Chesspieceface is in...I'm in...we just need one more. Mattgame? Variation?

My best friend, who is the teacher I mentioned in my above post, won't get home until about 3:00pm or so...he can always jump in or something if we need a fourth. His nickname is "o Jedi o" and he's a good player.

ChessPieceFace
09-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I would trade yours in for the HDMI support ones before it craps out that way your covered.

Variation-XBA
09-14-2007, 09:57 PM
It appears that Chesspieceface is in...I'm in...we just need one more. Mattgame? Variation?

SOMEONE still hasn't added me :bang: Get on it Max! You know I'm game for whatever. Been playin alot of COD4 beta instead of Blue Dragon :/

FatBox
09-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Actually, my new nickname is "xHacker Breau", but, I changed it directly, so, anyone that has my old one "l Ewok l" on their friend's list should now have "xHacker Breau" automatically. So, if you're wondering who "xHacker Breau" is, it's me!

As of late, I've been pretty busy with work and haven't been playing as much as I like. Trust me, though...when Halo 3 comes out, I'll be on it all of the time - I can assure you!

My best friend, who is the teacher I mentioned in my above post, won't get home until about 3:00pm or so...he can always jump in or something if we need a fourth. His nickname is "o Jedi o" and he's a good player.

Well if we can't get a fourth, 95% of the people on my friend's list are Halo 2 junkies so I could easily get a fourth player if we have to.

I'm 3 hours ahead of you though so if you don't get home until 1:30 your time, then you won't be home until 4:30 my time, so I think I'll put in some sleep before you get home so I can stay up during the day. :D