PDA

View Full Version : Just played XBOX online for the first time!

J Dub
03-03-2002, 02:01 AM
I just played online through both XBOX Connector and with Gamespy, and I must say it is quite the experience.

I tried XBOX Connector first. It worked great, but it's hard to find people to play with and also seems a little glitchy when trying to connect to other people.

Gamespy was a lot smoother. I was able to find people quickly and easily. I met up with fellow XBA member fanofslipknot. We had six people in a huge king of the hill and oddball. It was pretty sweet. I'm going back on tomorrow!

Just thought I'd share my experience, because it is true that if you haven't tried it already....you have to! You don't know what you're missing.

fanofslipknotib
03-03-2002, 03:51 AM
Dude, those games were awesome! It was a lot of fun. Hope we can play again sometime.

PS: What's your gamespy name?

Razor70
03-03-2002, 11:39 AM
I finally got to play last night for the first time too thanks to FLYBOY (he be the man!). It was alot of fun, but I experienced alot of lag on my end. I have DSL and a 10mbps hub....would not having a 10/100mbps have anything to do with the lag I experienced? I loved playing the game online and would love to play more often (can't even imagine what a six or eight man game would be like), but if I am going to experience that much lag I might wait until it goes online through Microsoft. If anyone can give me some help on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!

wweomaniac
03-03-2002, 11:49 AM
gamespy is the worse. I can beat jsut aboot everyone on gamespy. I never lose.

I only lose when there is more than .5 pl.

I can still manage a victory on gamespy with soem pl. Some peope just arent that great at the game..

You know the clans HW and TU.... well they aint got nothing.

Just practice the game at home with two of your friends at 2 on 1 on you, and youll prefect your headshots and accuracy.

J Dub
03-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Fan, my gamespy name is jdub2k. I'll be on later today!

monkeyman
03-03-2002, 04:11 PM
when i get to play halo online im gonna be busy i swear im gonna be on that thing 24/7 on the weekends im gonna stay up all night playing i swear it would be so much fun i cant wait to get dsl i cant wait we might get it if it will work out with our homepage thingy right now which it better i cant wait!!!!!!!!!