PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance Q&A

XboxGamers
03-03-2002, 03:35 AM
I want to know how those sweet fatalities will look. :D

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022202/mk_thumb008.jpg

The Mortal Kombat team talks about the upcoming installment in the series.

It's been common knowledge for quite a while that Midway has been working on a new Mortal Kombat game--one that will allegedly reinvent the aging series. While the company is still a bit cagey about specific details on the game, which is called Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, we've managed to get them to talk a bit about some of its particulars. While we're waiting until we see the game in action before we get too excited, the prospect of a new, relevant Mortal Kombat game is an enticing one indeed.
GameSpot: Which of the previous Mortal Kombat games do you feel Deadly Alliance will most resemble?

Midway: Other than returning characters and fatalities, I don't think Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is going to resemble any of the previous Mortal Kombat games. This game has a completely redesigned fighting engine and is a dramatic departure from previous Mortal Kombats.

GS: How does Deadly Alliance fit into the MK storyline?

M: It takes place after Mortal Kombat 4. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi have each acquired an enormous amount of power as individuals, and in order to ensure victory, they've decided to join forces to form this Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.

GS: Will there be new fatalities?

M: Absolutely. We do not want to "revisit" old fatalities, even the ones that are people's favorites. Instead, each fatality will be brand-new.

GS: How many total characters will there be? Will there be any hidden characters?

M: We aren't disclosing the final count just yet. We can tell you that Scorpion, Subzero, Raiden, Jax, Sonya, Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi will be returning, though. We'll have more announcements soon.

GS: How many polygons will each in-game character model be constructed of?

M: We are averaging somewhere between 7,000 and 10,000 polygons per character. Some characters have very elaborate clothes and need more polys to model.

GS: Will the game use a control scheme that's similar to the schemes in previous games in the series?

M: You still control your character with the directional pad (or analog stick) and attack with the normal buttons. But that's pretty much where the similarities with Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and the previous Mortal Kombats end. The new fighting engine is geared much more toward 3D movement and 3D attacks and evasions.

GS: What sort of modes can we expect to be in the game?

M: Now that we are designing this game for the console systems, we are going to greatly expand on the single-player experience. You can expect a variety of modes, including some surprises and old favorites.

GS: Thanks for your time.

Link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2852121,00.html

Mr.XboxLover
03-03-2002, 04:33 AM
Hi,

I found that post really helpful, if you ever need any screenshots I have lots you can have.

Im sure its going to be an awesome game, many have doubted it, but it looks to revive the MK series.

Mr.XboxLover

XboxGamers
03-03-2002, 04:40 AM
Mr.XboxLover, posts all your pix if you have any. I want to play this game!!1 :D

Mr.XboxLover
03-03-2002, 05:01 AM
I cant wait to play it either, my GF wants it REALLY badly and says she'll steal it from me. We'll see about that!

I'll try and post them later, but I am very short of time right now.

I believe all the screens I do have were taken from a news message posted on the front page, and they are all Scorpion ones.

C Ya

Mr.XboxLover

Snoopy7548
03-03-2002, 11:18 AM
i want old fatalaties, imagine sub zeros old mk fatality on the xbox (the one where he rips your head out, and the spine is attached):D :D :D :D

Razor70
03-03-2002, 11:47 AM
All I want is Scorpions hand snake and I will be set!

GET OVER HERE!

Mr.XboxLover
03-03-2002, 12:11 PM
I can confirm that it does have Scorpions hand snake, well it has the speare!

Mr.XboxLover

Loner
03-03-2002, 02:56 PM
that conversation between midway and gamespot, made me more hyped about this game, so far it looks like a definete buy.

Mr.XboxLover
03-03-2002, 03:10 PM
LONG LIVE MORTAL COMBAT

This game will rock your world! lol.

Mr.XboxLover

xboxking
03-03-2002, 06:43 PM
What would be really great to see would be:

Matrix Mode (also known as bullet time in Max Payne). Just imagine it, scorpion throws his spear at you whilst you duck and counteract in slow motion.

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 04:09 PM
yea, seeing scorpions spear in slow motion would be pretty sweet.

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 04:19 PM
I am a HUGE Mortal Kombat fan! I can't wait for this game!!!!

To be successful, they need to have a lot of characters. This is what I loved about MK Trilogy! There was a ton of them!

Also, keep the game satirical (if you don't know what that means, for some reason, I said it with the intentions of keeping the game violent in a funny way - this is classic for MK!!) :D

Some new fatalities is an excellent idea! I really liked the one where Subzero gives his opponent an uppercut and the opponent flies way up in the air...and, while the opponent is still in the air, Sub Zero forms a huge ice spike and the opponent comes down on it ripping through his body and blood everywhere! :D Oh man, I love MK!

Great article..loved it...and can't wait for this game to come out!!! :D

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 06:04 PM
they should put the old fatalaties in, like when kano rips your heart out, and sub zeros head taker-offer, haha. those are classics, and they shouldnt just do away with them. if they do scrap them, then they should at least put in the old mk games so we can see the old fatalaties whenever we want. and they have to have the old mk in it, the best thing was test your might, man that was so awesome, i would buy the game just for that. (well, maybe not JUST for that, but it would be awesome if they had it in there, or a new version of it in mk:da.)