PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2007: Shenmue Campaign

2ndopp
08-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Do we know anyone who is going to TGS this year that might help?

I would like to try and coordinate something to show the Shenmue campaigns presence. I wish we could set up a call out to the game industry and get All the major game sites to wear a "I want Shenmue" button... or something. Even if we could get someone to stand out side TGS, and hand out Shenmue Myspace Campaign posters with our proclamation to Sega. Mabey make a specific flyer (in Japanese and English). Or get the game sites to post articles asking the industry to show shenmue love anyway they can at TGS.

We have 1750 Shenmue Myspace's campaigners that are ready to do some big projects to turn Segas head.

Any ideas,
2nd Opp
http://www.myspace.com/legendofshenmue

Variation-XBA
08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
This is equivilant to an online petition signing, and we know how effective those are.

It'll happen one day, who knows if it'll be Shenmue 3 or the rumored Shenmue MMO, but one day, mark my words!

RockTheCasba
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
shenmue blew ballsack

wasabi_
08-15-2007, 09:01 PM
shenmue blew ballsack

I agree.

I dont see how anyone possibly thought that game was fun. All you do is walk around and talk to people and the fighting sucked. It was incredibly slow paced.

Im not sure what part about it was fun. Maybe the ****ty voice acting, that was pretty fun(ny)

And why waste your time and money trying to bring back something that profits someone else and not you that you will just have to pay 60 bucks for anyways.

CarGuy
08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
i tried to like Shenmue II. Never got into it.

2ndopp
08-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow, really?

I thought there were alot of shenmue fans over here at Xbox Addict....

RockTheCasba
08-22-2007, 08:07 AM
tell me what was so good about it?

2ndopp
08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Umm lets see....

It blew away other games graphically for years, in fact it even rivaled xbox games when it was ported over to the system how many years later?

It set the base for many new styles of gameplay: a forefather of sandbox style games, it's magic weather system copied in many games, even RE4 used quick time events.

Beautiful voice acting (on the japanese version... Yeah they kind of blew it in english)

The story is epic and draws you in, One of the best stories in a videogame in my opinion. <--- now this is not a fair thing to argue because everyone has different likes....

If Shenmue Sucks, why is it one of the highest scored games in the Dreamcast library, why did it release to the critical acclaim of gamesites eveywhere. It's in the top selling 6 games of DC ever, even more then Nights.

P.s. How's Saosin's new stuff? I liked them with their original singer, haven't had a chance to hear the new.

FuNkY mOnK
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree.

I dont see how anyone possibly thought that game was fun. All you do is walk around and talk to people and the fighting sucked. It was incredibly slow paced.

Im not sure what part about it was fun. Maybe the ****ty voice acting, that was pretty fun(ny)

And why waste your time and money trying to bring back something that profits someone else and not you that you will just have to pay 60 bucks for anyways.

I guess you had to be there when shenmu hit the scene back in the day, This was truly revolutionary and touched allot of gamers that truly wanted it to be everything the developer visioned,wasn't quite on the mark but pretty dam close. I loved it and still do. If they make a 3 that's great if not I'll just be happy to revisit the old neighborhood.