PDA

View Full Version : Ea Needs To Step Up!!!

zebrasalad
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I just haven't been thrilled with EA's actions lately. First, let me first start off by saying how NASCAR 08 needs to be patched there are way to many glitches. And, Madden has been crap the last couple of years. I'm sorry if you are happy with EA (which is great for you), but I just think that once they sell the game to the customer, they don't ever care what you think, so I just think they need to step it up!!

...what do you think?

SnoochyBoochy
08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
i'm not at all thrilled with your text color.

EA skate will pwn. i've heard good things about madden 08 although i haven't played it myself. :confused:

wulkar
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
i think that EA is a game company let them do what they want. if you dont like it dont buy the games.

Variation-XBA
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
You deserve it if you buy Nascar imo.... Driving left for fun! :P

Other than Battlefield, there hasn't been many EA games I've been a major fan of. SKATE has sold me, but since I don't play sports games, I don't buy EA often.

Point is, their games will sell. If Madden 08 got a horrible review, it would still sell and they know this.

l Maximus l
08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
I dig Need For Speed and the Burnout series...I also like Tiger Woods and I'm looking forward to Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08. But, other than that, I don't care for EA's games...but, I can say that for a lot of game developers, so, it's pretty irrelevant.

I know I'm going to sound like a huge n00b by saying this, but, I strongly preferred the first NFL Fever over Madden of the same time frame. Sega's 2K series was the best, though, all around, IMO, for football games. But, then again, I'm not the die hard football game fan - I love watching real football instead.

Variation-XBA
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh yea, Burnout, durrr....

NFS has gotten pretty stale past few years though, it was nothing like it was back in it's glory days. Pro Street doesn't even really excite me either.

Ainokeatoo
08-16-2007, 02:45 AM
You deserve it if you buy Nascar imo.... Driving left for fun! :P

Other than Battlefield, there hasn't been many EA games I've been a major fan of. SKATE has sold me, but since I don't play sports games, I don't buy EA often.

Point is, their games will sell. If Madden 08 got a horrible review, it would still sell and they know this.

You know what I don't get? Is how the hell do you have fun driving around an oval track over, and over and over and over and over and over... Honestly that doesn't even sound like fun to begin with, to each their own I guess x.x but in my opinion, nascarish games that are made to be like the actual nascar whatever shouldn't even be made x.x but that's my opinion I guess.

greg756
08-20-2007, 06:25 AM
though i feel for the talent that has gotten sucked into the ameba of **** that is ea, gamers need to step up and let them know that we pay too much for the **** they put out on a yearly basis. They used to be good back in the 16bit days but now they are greedy and compacent. People who line up for that **** every year are not part of the solution, they are part of the ploblem....dont get me wrong if you pay for madden, dammit man, i want you to get your 60 dollars worth. Yearly games are hurting the industry as well as slapped together movie games to cash in movie releases. Im not a fanyboy of any particular system...im a fanboy of getting my dam 60 dollars worth!!! REBELL!!!

greg756
08-20-2007, 06:47 AM
there is supposed to be a L in complacent. my mistake, it tend to mispell when ranting

Variation-XBA
08-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Hit the EDIT button then ;)

I agree with yearly games, and I'm glad I don't play sports titles and pay for the same thing every year.

It's funny how people will ***** and moan, yet keep purchasing the stuff every year.

kamikaze666
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I think EA is doing fine. People just seem to want to bash them for the sake of bashing them. Granted, I don't really play any sports games, so I wouldn't know anything about that. EA has some great racers coming out soon, and Army of Two should be coming soon which sounds like a really funny game. Not to mention Rock Band and skate. They seem to be trying really hard to redeem themselves (or at least edit their Wikipedia page to look like they are).

Conchord
09-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Sports games will always sell, as long as there are men out there with the maturity of a 12 year old; no matter how bad the ratings get, I will still hear people on XBL saying "Have you played madden yet? Its badass, its just like last years, only 60 bucks and a little better."

Conchord
09-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh yea, Burnout, durrr....

NFS has gotten pretty stale past few years though, it was nothing like it was back in it's glory days. Pro Street doesn't even really excite me either.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit anyone?

addict
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
i think madden should go back to the classic look. '95 or '96 was my fav

Variation-XBA
09-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit anyone?

Yea, but that was back in the day before everyone started hating EA after they turned into the big monster it is today :O

Unreal
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I will give you Nascar 08. (demo only mind you) The game was garbage compared to 07. Madden 08 and Tiger Woods 08 are great games. I was always a 2K guy and Madden 08 changed enough stuff that I finally own my first Madden game since I started gaming. EA probably felt the heat from 2k's All Pro this year. Anyway, skate (demo only, hopefully full version soon) and Live 08 should be great as well.

Variation-XBA
09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't get published and developed mixed up though, completely different things.

mattgame
09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I dig Need For Speed and the Burnout series...I also like Tiger Woods and I'm looking forward to Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08. But, other than that, I don't care for EA's games...but, I can say that for a lot of game developers, so, it's pretty irrelevant.

I know I'm going to sound like a huge n00b by saying this, but, I strongly preferred the first NFL Fever over Madden of the same time frame. Sega's 2K series was the best, though, all around, IMO, for football games. But, then again, I'm not the die hard football game fan - I love watching real football instead.

You sound like true a gamer because I liked Fever too. Fever 2004 was really good, Madden kind of stole the passing from Fever. NFL 2K5 was the best football game I have ever played which included great, balanced online games.

l Maximus l
09-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Mattgame...I mean, Fever was at least "fun"...it's really the only game that actually got me into playing football games...I never liked them since the end of Techmo Bowl (that game was AWESOME back in the day).

Anyway, I've heard awesome things about Tiger Woods '08...and if Halo 3 wasn't coming out in one week, I would definitely pick it up. Halo 3 is going to eat up all of my time :D

mattgame
09-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah me too. There really is no need to get any other game right now. Whta's today the 19th? Oh God, 6 days left.

Oh my bad, EA is not the best but they have the full support of the masses. They don't have to make good games, they only have to make games and continue to dominate the market.

Slowride
09-21-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/ea_games.html

l Maximus l
09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/09/ea_games.html

This definitely shows that EA is garbage. No wonder I have never been a huge fan of the Madden series. EA simply needs more time to make the game perfect. With a schedule of only a year to make each Madden version, it may not be enough time to get all of the bugs out.

I don't envy their situation.