PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Rent first

kornavs19
03-03-2002, 11:16 AM
I know most people dont want to have to wait to rent a game but in this case i think u should. GTA III has big rumours going around that its goanna be censored (edited). No1 one knows if its true except for Rock* so i advise u to rent it because you dont want 2 spend $50.00 on a game that sux because everythings cut out.

wweomaniac
03-03-2002, 11:37 AM
if it is edited, then ill read aboot it. if it is rented, ill buy it for pc. b/c it is defintily coming out on pc.

Razor70
03-03-2002, 11:58 AM
I haven't heard a thing about it being edited. The Xbox is more of a adult gaming system, so I really doubt that Rockstar would go back and edit the game. It wouldn't sell near as well as the Ps2 one and so I would think they are wanting to sell just as many on the Xbox as they did on that other system. I think the rumors everyone is hearing are coming from the Ps2 side of the console wars and they are trying to make us the Xbox owners feel scared. I will wait and see for myself.

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 01:00 PM
I haven' t heard anything about GTA III being censored - I'd have to say it's pretty unlikely, but I'd have to say that the "Try Before You Buy" idea is a sound one for any game. In fact this is my personal dead horse to beat; There are lots of games that tho cool are really only going to hold you interest for a couple of days.

Example:

Amped - Rented $2.50 (loved it) Purchased it $50.00 - Total $52.50

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - Rented (twice) $5.00 really enjoyed it, but finished it and probably woundn't play again - Total $5.00

Two games that I feel I got good value from - total cost $57.50 and I don't end up with a game that will do nothing but sit in the rack and collect dust.

raVen
03-03-2002, 01:05 PM
I seriously doubt Rockstar would be dumb enough to censor GTAIII. Xbox is more "child-proof" than PS2 with the child-lock anyway, so it wouldn't make any sense.

mrmp3
03-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I don't think Joe Lieberman has forced the game to be edited. I know it has to in Australia but there is a parental lock on the Xbox so there's no real need to. Is there anything different about this version than the PS2 version? Anything about forming online gangs? Signing off,...

Loner
03-03-2002, 02:47 PM
there's been rumors that the game will be censored and rumors that nothing will be censored. so at this point its anyones guess. going to have to wait around to see which one is true.

RudedogX
03-03-2002, 03:29 PM
I've read multiple times that this game will be edited, but everytime I do, the information always comes from rumors posted by people on message boards. Until I see an official statement from Rockstar, I will not believe it. There is no way a game manufacturer will jeapordize a franchise such as GTA by alienating an entire section of gamers (XBox players). In other words, don't believe everything you read on message boards, only what is officially announced (and if it is on a message board, you better find the link to back it up).