PDA

View Full Version : DVD kit question...

wheatus-frog-uk
03-03-2002, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Im in the UK and thinking about getting the dvd kit, but i was just wondering, does the dvd eye have to be in the controller 1 port..... or can it be left it in any spare port and it will work the same?

Either way it dont matter, just thought i would check

thanks

dan

wweomaniac
03-03-2002, 12:12 PM
mines in port 4 and it works... your controller dont ned to be in port one anyways to play games

wheatus-frog-uk
03-03-2002, 12:23 PM
oh, ok

cool, thanks !

i always thought the controller had to be in port 1... but if it dont that rocks, thanks !

dan

Msterrrr
03-03-2002, 12:27 PM
it will work in any of the 4 ports

lately ive been using the xbox to watch dvd's more than ive been playing games . This is my first dvd player my collection is now up too 15 dvd's and counting

there a few games on the horizon ,, NBA2K2,, rallysport,, that got my eye

redrum237
03-03-2002, 12:36 PM
does the dvd remote have all the features of a normal one. i want a extra DVD player but it needs to be good. does the xbox one have all the zoom, slow-mo, ect stuff like a normal dvd?

Plewis
03-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by redrum237
does the dvd remote have all the features of a normal one. i want a extra DVD player but it needs to be good. does the xbox one have all the zoom, slow-mo, ect stuff like a normal dvd?

yeah, it has all that stuff. it's the best dvd player in my house, and I have 2 others. It's worth the extra moeny

redrum237
03-03-2002, 12:40 PM
sweet ill go pick one up 2marrow, its $30 right?

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Yes, In fact it has lots of great "extra" features. The zoom in particular is one of the best I've seen. The one caveat is that unlike most decent stand-alone DVD players it won't play VCDs (Video Compact Disks) which may not be a big deal to you. I have converted a bunch of the shows that I taped off of the TV over to VCD and I have to keep my old DVD player around to be able to watch them.

redrum237
03-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Yes, In fact it has lots of great "extra" features. The zoom in particular is one of the best I've seen. The one caveat is that unlike most decent stand-alone DVD players it won't play VCDs (Video Compact Disks) which may not be a big deal to you. I have converted a bunch of the shows that I taped off of the TV over to VCD and I have to keep my old DVD player around to be able to watch them.

so i can burn stuff that i download off online onto a cd then watch it on XBOX?

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by redrum237

so i can burn stuff that i download off online onto a cd then watch it on XBOX?

I'm assuming that you ment can't which would be correct. You can't. Drat it all!!!!!:(