PDA

View Full Version : Two Worlds = Waste of money

SH4MR0CK
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
So dissapointed with this game for a couple reasons. For starters this game is so unsmooth just walking and when you get on the horse its even worse the horse dosnt even look right at all when in motion. Then there is the horrible online system that was supposed to be up to 8 co-op mode, when actually its not that at all deathmatch and horseracing. This game was probaly one of the biggest let downs Ive had purchasing a game in a while. The game was hyped up to be a bigger and more badass oblivion but in reallity its horribly put together mess.

Variation-XBA
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm just waiting to see some reviews from ign/gamespot etc, but all signs arn't looking good :( Well, at least that saves me some $ for a different game.

So the online isn't co-op at all?

Slacker
08-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I am about 10 hours into the game , it took awhile to get used to the interface, the horse animation looked better than oblivion to me, It took me awhile to get the horse controls down,then I realized the Horse acts more like a real horse than in oblivion , no real horse just Stops on a dime when you pull the reigns, ect.. I haven't had any problems getting stuck into trees, it was choppy at first but now that things are cached its smoother ,

The combat took awhile to get the flow down, but after awhile I like it , I like the stat system the ability to take points back and reapply them someplace else,

People complained on graphics , I am running it a HDTV-1080i with Monster 360 cables and its great the rain effects are smooth, I do however think the fog effects are lame but fog sucks in any game, overall its a decent game , its more of an RPG than most RPGs , Oblivion was awesome on its own,, and Two worlds no being compared to oblivion is awesome on its own,,,thats my opinion on it anyway

Variation-XBA
08-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Seems people are really pro or against it. Guess I may have to wait for the demo to come out. My PC is crap to totally turn up the graphics so I guess I play the waiting game.

ChessPieceFace
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
From what I have read most people hate the game when they play it. Then they give it a second chance and end up liking it because they stopped comparing it to Oblivion. To me it looks more like and updated Diablo , hack and slash type game which isn't bad, but it's not what some people expect.

Ainokeatoo
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
HONESTLY there are a few things this game has up on oblivion, the fact that it can actually get online *it sucks right now due to lag online but **** so did most other games the first week hell it took a while for saints row to fix it's lag* the graphics are really not the best but it's not the worst either *like katamari :P* compared to oblivion this game has more interesting fight animations they're more fun to watch each weapon I guess has it's own animation *I haven't really gone to far outside using a sword soooo....* this isn't horrible you just don't know a good game... You can't say a damn thing about the online because it's mostly lag JUST LIKE EVERY ****ING GAME >.> I honestly think this game is a lot more interesting than Oblivion even with its downloadable content I mean honestly I wouldn't be saying this without more than 32 hours logged onto this game it has almost everything I expected and wanted so I will go up to bat for this game COME ON ****ERS >.>

Variation-XBA
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
the graphics are really not the best but it's not the worst either *like katamari :P*

Sigh.

I'm glad someone is liking it though, as I've really only seen negative things. I'm still on the fence about it.

ChessPieceFace
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Sigh.

I'm glad someone is liking it though, as I've really only seen negative things. I'm still on the fence about it.

Im on the fence about it to. I think if they really improve the online play it will save this game. I'll rent it first tho.

SH4MR0CK
08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
No, and that was my biggest beef with the game. The co-op was the reason why I was so into buying this game along with a couple of friends that bought it for the same reason.

Variation-XBA
08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Sigh, I hear one thing and lean towards not caring anymore and don't wanna use the money, then someone says it's great after time put into it and I lean back the other way.

Wish the demo would come out already.

MadisonIV
08-28-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm just waiting to see some reviews from ign/gamespot etc, but all signs arn't looking good :( Well, at least that saves me some $ for a different game.

there is a co-op mode, but it isn't anywhere near as free and open as you are led to believe.

you pick your "Match Type", for Co-Op you'd pick "RPG".

then you pick your "Map". which is basically a central city with wilderness surrounding it. each "Map" has a different difficulty.

you don't just grab some friends and go frolic among the massive, unurestricted countryside.

so it is basically like playing a shooter online when it comes to getting your game session up and running...except its a RPG.