PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Online

P-Rock
03-03-2002, 02:56 PM
I know for sure that the Xbox will have online capabilities before theh end of this year. I also know that it will most likely be available for such games as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Unreal Championship, and Turok: Evolution.

But what many gamers, like me, are concerned about when the Xbox goes online are viruses. They have plagued some online PC games for quite some time now, and with a brand new and vulnerable system like the Xbox, it can sure happen again.

So what I want to know is, what is Microsoft doing to protect the Xbox from viruses when it goes online?

monkeyman
03-03-2002, 02:59 PM
dude have you not looked up anything?

xbox is already online right now on gamespy and microsoft said they would by the summer and i dont think we have to worry bout viruses

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 03:17 PM
I don't think that viruses are going to be a big problem for the Xbox. I has a pretty tightly locked-up code base for one, and frankly the simple fact that computers are a so much easier target will keep the maladjusts busy.
Frankly, the only thing that I'm worrying about in re: Xbox Online is if it is going to have enough to make it a "must" to spend money on.

wweomaniac
03-03-2002, 04:08 PM
i read an article about xbox online and viruses. i forget where i found it, but ti said you don't have to worry about viruses, since the xbox is not like a computer.

the xbox only runs on a windows kernel and not the actual whole windows os, so the virus wouldn't be able to execute. And how would a virus be put on the hardrive, and who would be so mean as to try to attempt this? ;P

mtbaird5687
03-03-2002, 04:25 PM
official xbox online will be 10x better than gamespy.