PDA

View Full Version : Is there really going to be a X-Box 2?

XboxUserAndrew
03-03-2002, 04:19 PM
How can these systems get better..I mean ps2 gc and xbox..i don't kno how they could get better!:eek:

E-Xbox
03-03-2002, 04:23 PM
oh they could get better
i remember thinking that when i got a nes...and then when i got a genesis..and so on...
xbox 2 is rumors
m$ will prob release another console as this one is doing so good...
but it might or might not be called xbox 2
peace

fear_this
03-03-2002, 04:32 PM
It should be called the Fear Box. :cool:

wweomaniac
03-03-2002, 04:47 PM
yes, they can get better. i bet you asked yourself that question when psx and n64 came out.

"oh, who needs more than 64 mb of ram, 500 MHz, 32 mb GPU, 10 GB??"

thats what people thought about two years ago. Look at us now.

Graphics in the future will be even for life like, possibly one day nearing exact life like. Theres still slowdown in some games and maybe some new technology will be developed for something useful.

monkeyman
03-03-2002, 05:12 PM
im gonna get ever microsoft system must support microsoft woo!!!!!!

Chronman420
03-03-2002, 05:15 PM
As long as XBOX sucseeds there will be XBOX2. MS is just trying to establish themselves in the console market. I dont think they are trying to take over the top spot with the XBOX, they are just trying to get their foot in the door. XBOX 2 will take over the market , I believe that is MS's plan.

gula
03-03-2002, 05:17 PM
No, the next XBox to come out is XBox3, they said they are skipping over XBox2. :rolleyes:

Huckleberry
03-03-2002, 05:35 PM
well, if they're going to skip xbox2, why not just jump all the way to xbox 10? it doesn't matter what the name on the box is, or even who makes it. most of us will probably continue to buy each iteration of each machine (well, except that lamecube). as long as somebody is making good games for any system, there will be someone to buy the system. the only thing you can be sure of is that each one will kick the previous one's @$$!

take motorcycles, for example. when the first 1000 cam out, everyone thought they were nuts for making such a beast. now my 132 hp, 160 mph '93 cbr1000 is an obsolete has been. the newest suzuki gsx-1000? under 10 in the 1/4 mile...mine...11.3. the point is that in everything, we consumers demand more and want to give up less...so for approximately the same amount of money, performance explodes. this can happen so fast that really good things can completely disappear in a cloud of technological dust (i.e. dreamcast). all we get to do is sit on our ever-widening butts and enjoy the performance ride!!!

Highlite23
03-03-2002, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel to the XBOX. Hopefully it won't be part of a home base unit.

I would also assume that they would make it backwards compatible.

To be honest, i hope nothing happens in MS land for at least 5 years. I've spent too much money this year and it's only March!!:p

Xavier Malkier
03-03-2002, 07:40 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to savor what I have right now. I'm not worried about other incarnations of the Xbox, or PSX9000. I'm just enjoying what I have right now. When the time comes and technology takes another leap forward, then I'll worry about getting another console.

-X

Jeepster
03-03-2002, 09:17 PM
If Microsoft makes a profit with the Xbox you can be sure there is going to be an update to the hardware and games in a few years. Microsoft said that the console had a 5-year life. So expect a new Xbox in 2006-2007.

Liquid Gears
03-04-2002, 09:17 AM
Probably, But the real question is: Is their ever gonna be a Halo 2:cool:

raVen
03-04-2002, 12:43 PM
I can't believe the people that say "Wow! I can't wait for the Xbox 2" when they've just spent a hell of a lot of money on the original machine. Honestly, is it even worth thinking about before any second generation titles have even been released?

Xtopia
03-04-2002, 12:51 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to savor what I have right now. I'm not worried about other incarnations of the Xbox, or PSX9000. I'm just enjoying what I have right now. When the time comes and technology takes another leap forward, then I'll worry about getting another console.

I totally agree w/you and raven! I just got and xbox for X-mas(hey X-box for X-mas! ):D I dont want to have to "upgrade" any time soon! And i def dont want xbox 2, to be like the supposed homestation! Keep it real MS! Keep it fun!!:)