PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Z Rehashed......WITH A VENGENCE

Presentlight
03-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Well guys,
Most of you have probably read Gamepro's edition of the latest DBZ game for PS2 and the Xbox. Most Dragon Ball Z fans probably have been follwoing the game's development. Well, here I am to blow the lid off. It all started November 2000. A friend of mine and I were designing a DragonBall Z game for fun as most DBZ Fans do. Then we get the wild idea to try and get it published. So we sent it to funimation(without thinking about copywrights and that sort of thing). One month later the **** company announces a DBZ game is in production. Of course we got steamed up about it and sent them nasty letters which recieved no response. Being short on money we couldn't hire a lawyer. Anyways, through all this we had hoped it was a coincidence until the latest issue of Gamepro talking about the game. It is the SAME exact description that our game was going to be. Well anyways, to get to the point, here is a copy of our preliminary outline(not the whole thing, this was our 3rd draft and you will only be seeing part of it) so knock yourself out DBZ fans. Here it is.
Sincerely,
Jacob
NOTE:I have edited out our names for the sake of privacy and is in outline form, when I tried to Copy and Paste it the documnent didnt conform well to the forum so sorry about that.
________________HERE IT IS____________________
Well guys,
Most of you have probably read Gamepro's edition of the latest DBZ game for PS2 and the Xbox. Most Dragon Ball Z fans probably have been follwoing the game's development. Well, here I am to blow the lid off. It all started November 2000. A friend of mine and I were designing a DragonBall Z game for fun as most DBZ Fans do. Then we get the wild idea to try and get it published. So we sent it to funimation(without thinking about copywrights and that sort of thing). One month later the **** company announces a DBZ game is in production. Of course we got steamed up about it and sent them nasty letters which recieved no response. Being short on money we couldn't hire a lawyer. Anyways, through all this we had hoped it was a coincidence until the latest issue of Gamepro talking about the game. It is the SAME exact description that our game was going to be. Well anyways, to get to the point, here is a copy of our preliminary outline(not the whole thing, this was our 3rd draft and you will only be seeing part of it) so knock yourself out DBZ fans. Here it is.
Sincerely,
Jacob
NOTE:I have edited out our names for the sake of privacy and is in outline form, when I tried to Copy and Paste it the documnent didnt conform well to the forum so sorry about that. REMEMBER, this is a PRELIMINARY OUTLINE. The whole designs of course will not be uploade so that I can get something like it published later on.
________________ HERE IT IS________________________
Author(s)Name: ********,***********
Subject:: Dragon Ball Z Console Game
Title: Dragon Ball Z: New Beginnings.
Platforms: XBOX is current with this design, or PC MIGHT be able to do it if control configuration permits.
Other Info: Long game meant for thousands of hours of game play. This is rough draft #6
Preliminary Outline

I. Story Line-An Alternate Universe
A. Set in a universe Parallel to Dragon Ball Z
1. Set during the time of Frieza’s rule(Bardock special),yet Friezas empire is non-existant.
2. None of the known Saijyans live all except King Vegeta.
3. The Super Saijyan has not yet emerged(yet can at any time)
4. *Note: Parallel world is far from alike the DBZ world.
II. Game Options and Characteristics
A. 1 Player game
a. Has Training Grounds
B. Versus Mode:Fighting Screen
1. Training Grounds/Battle Grounds-2 Player
a. Sparring
(1) Will hurt a character up until 1/10 of his health is left and will not go beyond that.
b. True Battle
(1) Can die.
(2) FULL out match, no restraints.
C. Online Play
D. Character customization- RPG like * To Be Explained later*
E. Options Screen(to be determined)
III. Graphics
A. 3D 360 degree motion in a virtual world
B. Other graphics depend on hardware(XBOX is the only current console to be able to support my idea)
C. Bump mapping,self shadowing.
IV. Character Customization
A. Facial Features can be chosen
1. Eyes, Hair Style(if race has hair)
2. Skin Tone(if race alows)
3. Nose, mouth, etc
B. Body Structure
1. Heigh,Muscle toning.
C. Race Choice
1. Sajjyain
a. Has eitherblack/brown hair.
b. Sometimes Brownish
c. Eye color varies between brown and black
2. Namekian
a. Green Skin, sometimes Dark tree green-Heigh varis
b. Eyes vary
3. Human
a. Any number of options(hair,eyes,skin color, that appear human)
4. Android
a. Same as human
5. Changeling(Icejin)
a. Can choose any 2 body colors.
6. AGE
a. Everyone starts as a 5 year old child and grows older as the game progresses.
V. Training Grounds
A. Able to adjust gravity levels
1. Higher the gravity the harder it is on life meter.
B. Certain part of training grounds with weapons and objects that shoot at you
C. “Bots” with adjustable power levels to fight
D. Different Obstacles
VI. Attributes- Attribs on all can go up to 10000. Start out with 300 points to divide amongst different attribs. Attributes factor into power level
A. Physical- Used for physical fight
1. Strength
2. Speed
3. Agility
4. Dexterity
B. Mental- Used for telepathy and telekinesis
1. Concentration- Helps with speed at which u can power up.
2. Will Power-Helps with psychokinetic attacks
3. Knowledge
4. Intelligence-helps in building mechanical things and growing/making potions,armor,etc.
C. Other
1. Special Techinques
2. Pride Factor
a. For Saijyans to become SSJ they must have a low Pride level. To lower this level, the player must spend his/her attribute points to do so, raises automatically with each win.
D. Attributes increase automoatically with...
1. Saiyjains after heavy beating/training.
2. Humans after training hard
3. Namekians
4. Takes long time to increase Changlings power
5. Android attributes only increase when upgrades are bought. Can be bought or made.
E. Attribute points are also given for every battle won
F. Skills get take more and more points to raise as is standard with RPGs and Adventure Games.
G. Transformations
1. Typical Regs for SSJ Transformation
a. Must be a Saijyan
b. 100,000 + power lvl.
c. High anger point
d. Low Pride (probably a 100/10000 or less)
e. The lower the pride, and the higher the pL, is how high your starting SSJ transformation takes place.
f. All other SSJ transformations depend on the anger meter and pride factor.
2. Oozuru- Happens at the full moon. Based on Concentration,Willpower, and intelligence is the ability at which you can control your Oozuru transformation
H. Attribute points started with before 30 point bonus vary from Race to Race. I.e Physical is higher for Saijyans than for [Humans and Namekians] have higher mental, humans have highest intelligence.
VII. Currency
A. Whatever the country the game is in supports. Point of the money?
1. Upgrade Parts for the Android
2. Food- keeps up stamina
3. Sensu Beans- Instant ki energy, heals body/stamina.
4. Bandages-helps for quicker recovery., stops loss of blood(yes blood loss has an actual effect in game)
5. Clothes
a. Weighted Training Clothes- Weighted clothes increase difficulty while fighting and supresses power.
b. Plain Training Clothes.
c. Buy different armor
(1) Different races. Mostly Saijyan Armor, and other variations.
6. Research books
a. Can combine certain techniques to make a new move(WARNING, CAN CAUSE HARM TO PLAYER)
b. To make parts for android.
7. Pay money to instructors to get taught a technique I.e Kaioken
VIII. Gameplay *NOTE 1 GAME DAY=10 Min(S) OF GAME PLAY
A. Attributes
1. Can increase Strength
2. Speed
3. Etc
B. Power Level-According anyone with pl <100,000
1. Saiyjan-starts between 1-1000
a. Increases with each fight. Specifically fights where the Sajjyan is Injured.
b. If injured on a scale from 1-10, 10 being next to death. Scale/how much increased
(1) 1- 1.02x
(2) 2-1.03x
(3) 3-1.05x
(4) 4-1.07x
(5) 5-1.09x
(6) 6-1.15x
(7) 7-1.3x
(8) 8-1.5x
(9) 9-1.8x
(10) 10-2x-3x(possibility of leading to death)
(11) Coming Back from death-1.06-2.4x
__________________CONTINUED IN NEXT MESSAGES____________________

Presentlight
03-03-2002, 04:22 PM
c. Training
(1) 2 game days=1.1x (Can vary with weighted clothes and/or gravity increase in training grounds)
(2) Oozuru transformation multiplies power by 10.
2. Namekian
a.
3. Human
4. Changeling(Icejin)
5. Android
C. Race Balances(Advantages)-ALL RACES CAN BE UPGRADED/MODIFIED WITH TECHNOLOGY.
1. Saijyan
a. Oozoru form on the rare event of a full moon(1 out of 27 matches)
b. Ability to Go SSJ
(1) SSJ form one increases power level
(a) Can increase between 6x-7x depending on pride level, anger meter, and physical attributes.
c. Training Advantages
2. Namekian
a. Body Rejuvination Skill
(1) Takes slight power to do but very useful in healing
b. Meditation
(1) Ability to train slowly while AFK
(2) Can only do for a certain period of time
(3) Very Convenient
c. Born with fusion
(1) Can fuse with in game injured nameks if right choices of friends are made BUT EQUALS IN A PERMANENT FUSION.
3. Human-NOT A FIGHTING RACE.
a. Standard training has great results
b. Power increase, though substanially less than Sajyains is usefull
c. Intelligence High
4. Android
a. Starts at high power level(between 12,000-16,000)
b. Can substantially increase powers with upgrades
c. Good Starting Knowledge points
5. Changeling(Icejin)
a. Transformations
(1) between 2-5 depending on skills and body chosen
b. High starting power-3000-5000
c. Don’t need to breathe
d. Start with powerful techniques
D. Death
1. Death results in complete death of character. 1 way to get him back is to use the Dragonballs which friends must gather to wish back that character.
2. Being brought back from the dead results in an increase in ALL attributes and powerlevel.
3. A character is given 1 chance before death is permanent(Dragonballs aside)
4. Health may be regained if not dead by rapid pressing of buttons.
5. Once dead, you train in 10X gravity in the next dimension. NO KING KAI exists =) so you are on your own.
E. Time
1. Time affects age and character skills
2. Can start from age 5-30
3. Continual world continues when not on.
4. ALL objects may be affected, but are rebuilt automatically the next day.
F. Anger meter- For saiyjains and humans only.
G. Bonding
1. You can bond to people as friends.
a. Gives ability to communicate “telepathically” ie Telepathically
b. Can share techniques and methods, but not all are guarenteed to be compatible between races.
c. Bonding requires a relationship to be built

*********************WILL BE CONTINUED***********************
IX. Attacks Continued
A. Power of the attack is determined by how long the button is held down and the level of attack.
B. Each attack is a different level of strength and has a maximum of a certain amount depending on its level.

Presentlight
03-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Bump

dvsminds 116
03-04-2002, 02:00 PM
This is a good example of why copyright should always be used ...I hope U learned your lesson

Presentlight
03-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Yes, you can say that I have. Also, of late I have been studying law and have realized that i can(if i had the money) sue Funimation under a copywright statute that states when a document it is written, it is under an assumed copywright. Very interesting, to bad i do not have the money ot fight it. Also, if i fought and won i would deprive many DBZ fas from a game that could be potentially awesome

Hawaiian c
03-04-2002, 07:24 PM
heh you should give out its source code heh ;)

World
03-06-2002, 06:30 PM
How do you develop games on consoles? How did you? Listen, go to the bank and ask for a loan. With a friend gradually pay it and use the money you have and sue. Get maybe 10 million and 10 copies of the game. Send me one :) for the idea :). E-mail me at warrior2@adelphia.net and please tell me how to develop, thx.

Presentlight
03-06-2002, 10:13 PM
actually, I am currently taking Business Law, and have learned that at this point I can make no claim on the idea or design. The amounbt of time in which I would have to file my complaint and start the pleasding is just about up. By the time I get approved for a loan, find and pay for a lawyer,etc.,it will be to late. So sad eh? I just hope they do a good job and that I get a chance to play it.

mahalan
03-07-2002, 05:47 PM
You have no case.

Almost all of what's in your outline would be assumed to be part of any modern game that would be built around a DBZ storyline. The fact that a similar setting was being used could be written off as coincidence. Do you have any proof that your letter wasn't just thrown away (that's what happens to most letters of this type)? Do you have any proof that your letter ever made it to anyone with any decisionmaking authority?

Personally, I'd strongly recommend you go on with your life and forget about it. I also believe that the game was produced independant of anything you mailed to the publisher.

Presentlight
03-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Yes, I have moved on. And you could very well be correct. It might be that they just came up with something similar. As I said before, I just want to play the darn game. Nothing else on that topic matters. I just wanted to bring it up. I do wonder however, will it come out for Xbox? It had better. That would be a BIG disappointment if it didnt.