PDA

View Full Version : MS Jap VS US Controller

arcturs
03-03-2002, 07:35 PM
Brief info: I'm 32 yo, 5'11" and 200 lbs. (to give idea of how big my hands in relation to review)

US Controller:

Pros- Built Sturdier, Heavier
L and R buttons employ more pressure when pushed
(Good for Halo)
Start Button is in the Middle (which most of controllers are)

Jap Controller:

Pros- ABXY buttons are more spaced out, and more perpendicular to the layout (helps in doing Tony Hawk tricks)
D-Pad is not recessed like in US version, makes handling easier (but US Controller D-pad is more aesthetically pleasing)
Both Left and Right analog stick sport the recessed middle part as in the left analog stick of US version (though the right stick of US looks cool, for me it is nicer to use the left stick)

Middle Ground: Still don't know whether the position of the white and black buttons in US is better than in Jap, maybe when i get my JSRF and TH3, then i can tell.

Toder
03-03-2002, 08:26 PM
do you have a jap comtroller?

arcturs
03-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Yes I do, thats the whole point why i'm reviewing it for you guys

I also have Silent Hill2, Halo, Doa3, if anybody's interested i will check which controller fits these games best.

Cheers

Toder
03-03-2002, 08:33 PM
sould of waited for the new controller S just like the jap but it has a longer cord and the trigger springs are like the us one.

Dave
03-03-2002, 09:14 PM
I saw a pic of the Japanese controller and I thought it looked sweet. I even like the Mad Catz controllers much better than microsofts and went with them because at least they put spaces in between the buttons, and my microsoft controller actually makes my hand sore after a while, something even my clunky Dreamcast controller never did. I consider Microsofts controller the worse I have ever used. People fight over who gets stuck with the crappy xbox controller here, so it flopped with more than just myself.

I got 2 mad catz, and 1 microsoft until a really nice controller like the Japanese arrives here, and after that my lone microsoft controller goes in the closet where it will probably rest in piece for good.