PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Vs. PC online ?

Toonz
03-03-2002, 08:05 PM
I'm not holding my breath but does anyone else think it would be neat to play your Xbox Title Vs Someone with the same PC title ? I did this with Quake on the DC and it was very kewl. The DC contoller had a disadvantage control wise giving the PC player a advantage but I think the Xbox style controller has overcome that problem. I realize the majority of peeps will say that the mouse/keyboard is way better for fps but to be honest I feel I am much better with the Xbox controller. It is way easier for me to jump and strafe and weave and bob while shooting with my contoller than my keyboard keys.

Toder
03-03-2002, 08:18 PM
i think that would be cool. But i think it won't be likely since the games for computer and xbox would have different code.

Gammer4Life
03-03-2002, 09:11 PM
There will never be a better way to control a first person shooter than a keyboard and mouse. If the PC and DC can play why wouldn't you think the PC and XB could play? Plus the PC, MAC, and DC can all play together with quake3. I played with them.

The keyboard and mouse system has perfect pin pointing plus more buttons for shortcuts like weapon changing and pre-written text. For ex. the dreamcast with PSO (phantasy star online) has button combinations to do certain things because the controller didn't have enough buttons. I..............rest my case.

The xbox controller is the best alternative though, i wouldn't recomend any other

AvedisZ
03-03-2002, 09:32 PM
I think there will be seperate communities for both. Too many sissy's would complain about one having an advantage over another.

zeek39
03-03-2002, 09:51 PM
I personally like playing ww2 type of games on my PC multiplayer... like return to castle wolferstein or medal of honor allied assult... Another thing is that computer monitors allow you to have greater resolutions then tv's, which is why Halo will look better on our PCs. however other games then 1st person shooters I enjoy playing more on my xbox

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 08:32 AM
There is no technical reason why an XBOX couldn't play over the Internet against a PC. However, MS may not allow it to happen in order to further the perception that the XBOX isn't a modified PC.