PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k2 better on PS2 than Xbox? Gamespot review.

Dave
03-03-2002, 09:02 PM
I have never played either, but according to Gamespot......

PS2 NFL 2k2 9.5
Xbox 9.3

Here are just some random quotes from a few reviewers from EG magazine.

"I take back what I said about Xbox being no better than PS2 for sports games. After my encounter with 2k2, I see box in awhole new glorious light. Seriously, this baller runs so well on Xbox, I doubt I'll pick up the PS2 version again."

"Sega spent a few months inproving upon the great (but flawed) PS2 version, and the result is more drastic than 6 months of Tae Bo, this Xbox version is a finely tuned machine."

"Everything just looks more solid. Flicker flutter jaggies, and interlacing aside, I knows me a good looking game when I see one, and this 2k2 is the best of any console version. It gets even better once everything gets kicked into action. The camera doesn't suddenly pan with the ball upfieldas in the PS2 version. There's none of the choppiness you might have seen on PS2"

There seems to be no reasonable explanation for PS2's version getting even the same score as Xbox's, but according to Gamerspot PS2's is better? I know some of the games are pretty close, but 2k2 sounds a hell of a lot better and improved on Xbox, but according to Gamespot, all the improvements on Xbox's 2k2 made it a worse game? Better graphics, better control, better gameplay, and better camera angles makes a game worse?

xboxer2002
03-03-2002, 09:07 PM
I have played the ps2 version and own the xbox version and i'll tell you that the xbox version plays and looks ALOT better hands down!It just runs sooooo smooth on the xbox and there is no drop in frame rate whatsoever.It even feels like the game was made for the xbox controller.It's really that awesome!

xboxer2002
03-03-2002, 09:12 PM
They rate games on how they take advantage of a particular system .They basically mean nfl tapped into the ps2 hardware and not enough into the xbox hardware.Or they're just ****ing biased.Lately,it seems alot of gaming sites want xbox to fail.What a bunch of dumb ****s

Highlite23
03-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Forget the reviews...I played the PS2 version at a friends before i bought my xbox and was so disapointed in it, i am a DC owner and loved this game.

Needless to say i was hoping that the xbox version was not going to be a carbon copy of the PS2 version.

Fear not, the game is extraordinary on xbox, smooth, fast, and the best graphics around. I can play season after season and not get bored. Not to mention the controler is second to none, of course i'm a little biased in that point, comming from the DC controller to this i didn't miss a beet.

Look at it this way, this game has been released 3 times in the last 4 months(DC-PS2-XBOX)...and this last one is the best by far.

Muabdi'b
03-04-2002, 01:38 AM
Yeah the XBox version has totally impressed me. I love the Series and at first, I didn't like THE XBOX version at all. Thats until I played over 20 hours. The passing is real nice, play action is the best, many more plays, running, and the lists goes on.

Personally, Fever looks goofy and I don't like the graphics at all.

I can't wait for online football. ON BROAD-BAND!!:eek:

Dave
03-04-2002, 02:03 AM
I have only played NFL 2k on Dreamcast. I hated it, because I could not run the ball. Even with the best running offense vs. the worse defense, you go nowhere trying to run the football.

Can you run the football in 2k2 or any of the other xbox football games?

JJaX
03-04-2002, 07:32 AM
The ps2 version was released months ago. It was rated for that time frame. The xbox version is newer and better but remember, There rating a game they already played.

El Pollo Loco
03-04-2002, 10:07 AM
gamespot is biased towards the pos2.
there was a link a few weeks back going over this but I'm too lazy to look for it. Trust the chicken...Gamespot is evil!

gula
03-04-2002, 10:24 AM
Yes, if you people didn't spam and just look at old posts.

You would see that we posted about this about a month ago.:mad:

melon
03-04-2002, 12:06 PM
XBox version is definitely better

xfan2k2
03-04-2002, 02:47 PM
the main reasons it got points off is most likly because it didn't take advantage of the xboxes hardware.

This game lacks DD5.1 and the impressive graphics that you can see in outher xbox football games, a la Fever2k2.

Personally I like fever the best out of all of them..sure its flawed in many parts(I won a game 130-7)..but hell its just soooo much fun, anyone can get into it, and the graphics freegin kick ass!!

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 03:31 PM
those r two very high scores anyways...

but, they are probably also marked by two different gamers.

Doesn't matter. They are both the same games and have the exact same things in them. the only difference would be the graphics... XBOX has better :)