PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so important to some people to defend the system they own??

Highlite23
03-03-2002, 09:33 PM
I think the title says it all...

Personally i could care less about other peoples opinions, and it's one of the main reasons i don't frequent the vs boards here or any other forum for that matter.

Are these people that insecure in there decission?? Do you have to feel like you have "THE BEST" system out there??

It just seems like most of the time people in the debate forums are just chasing their tales.

Do your homework, play a few games and make a decission based on YOUR likes and dislikes...is it really that difficult?

What do you all think???

xboxer2002
03-03-2002, 09:50 PM
I think people are afraid of failure and search for something that their lives can't give them.I enjoy playing games and living life to the fullest.Alot of these fanboys are followers not leaders.I could care less what system has more power or anything else for that matter.Anyways,no developer has really tapped into the xbox's power yet anyways.Put it this way,I like to play GTA3,Starwars Rogue Leader,and Halo.Nuf said!

JimmieDoogan
03-03-2002, 09:52 PM
I own a PS2 and Xbox. Whats to defend, as long as I have fun I don't care which system brings it to me.

zeek39
03-03-2002, 10:20 PM
It actually makes me feel better if I read something good about xbox. Even though I won my xbox from taco bell I still feel better about my investments, at least in games. I like to put down other systems only if mine is put down, because lets face it xbox is the best system available right now :)

Rock2
03-04-2002, 02:07 AM
I'm glad you feel that way cause it is the best system out

anthrax0r
03-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Well the majority of the fanboys are probably fairly young. Thus the investment in a console for them is a pretty big one. The last thing they want to hear is that their choice was a bad one :D

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 09:00 AM
I don't get involved in these system debates. I know I made the best decision for me. I really don't care what systems other people own. I hope for the success of the XBOX (and it seems like a sure thing to me). I think the quality and power of XBOX speaks for itself. Let the PS2 and GC fanboys dis the XBOX. They're either ignorant of the facts, jealous, of fearful.

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Well, anyone can call me a fanboy all they want...it still doesn't change the fact that:

1. The XBox is the most powerful of the three next generation systems - 733 m processor - not too shabby :D

2. Only system that comes standard with a Hard-drive for use of making game saves instead of having to purchase a memory card...but, memory cards are also available if someone wants one.

3. The hard-drive on the XBox also allows you to rip your own music so gamers can listen to their personal CD collection while playing selective games.

4. XBox includes "XBox extras" on many games also found on the GameCube and the PoS2. This includes ehanced graphics, more playable characters, more weapons, and whatever else is applicable to specific games. I don't know about you guys, but, I want the best version of the same game for the same price.

5. The XBox is also System Link capable which allows for the best multi-player game experience. In this case, more is better. It's not as if people will have the capability to play 16 total players in Halo from the same living room...however, you could :D My car says it will go 150 miles per hour..it's not that I would...but, I could if I wanted to :D

6. The XBox is on-line ready - broadband is built in. This is definately the future of console gaming.

Some of these or all of these things may be important or not important to specific gamers. These are just a few things that make XBox the best system for me. I have never been more excited about a gaming console in my 21 or so years of gaming...until now! :D

I can't wait to get home a play it tonight! I might even throw in a hug, too :D

Xtopia
03-04-2002, 12:44 PM
I never visit the debate forums....but I still will argue w/ freinds about which is better not to convince myselft....but to convince them, so they get an xbox which makes my life better!:D

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 12:46 PM
maximus, i already know with all those facts you just threw out there, we're about to have shadow come up with some for the GC, oh well...this was a nice thread going as to why some people feel so strongly about their systems.

In my case, defending a system, just comes from hearing all of the falacies thrown about from uninformed individuals who like throw around numbers, but then have nothing to back them up as to why a system will fail. In my case, I'm not younger, but I can say that after seeing Dreamcast fail and N64 totally screw me, I don't want some a promising piece of equipment go down the drain and thus ruin my investment in a quality system yet again!

With that said...viva la..umm...XBOX!:D

Storm
03-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I really can't argue because I don't know a whole lot about all of the systems and their comparisons. Besides...I have a PlayStation 2 and an XBOX and will never buy another Nintendo after the disappointment I had from the N64 so there's no need in me even thinking about debating.

xfan2k2
03-04-2002, 03:31 PM
I make sweet love to my xbox every night, via the etherent port. I love my xbox and I will do whatever it takes for others to feal the xbox love also.

rr9597
03-04-2002, 03:37 PM
yeah, seriously what up with the predjudice of consoles, its like some kind of -ism, like gameism, or consolism or some kind of technical term

clownbow
03-07-2002, 06:41 AM
well i'm not like that because i have owend 19 sytems altogether in cluding hand helds

The Terminator
03-07-2002, 10:43 AM
I think it just has to deal w/ insecurities, although some ppl can truly believe that they are helping others by convincing them to buy the "best" system. Although, w/ all the advantages the XBox has, I don't see how or why ppl can dislike it...