PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band gets official price!

GuiltySpark
09-29-2007, 11:38 AM
oh my goodness.

We’ve been told by our corporate chiefs that, actually, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will launch on November 23 at a cost of $169.99. That package will include the game, one guitar, a mic and a drum kit. Source. (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/09/28/rock-band-ps3xbox360-price-set-ps2-release-moved-up-to-2007/)

Jesus christ that is cheap. Maybe you don't think so... but I promise you it is. It sucks that you have to buy your own second guitar... but even $200 seems fair for that package.

MTV is taking the Rock Band tour bus around to a bunch of different universities this month and next. They've been at the University of Washington for the last two days and are on their way to Portland. I had the chance to play on the stage with some other random guys from school... and I can't even begin to describe how much fun it was. I was on stage for two hours and almost missed my next class.

The drums are ridiculous, bass is kind of lame, but still chalenging, guitar is awesome as normal, and the karaoke system they have running for it is just too fun. Not to mention, the song set they have is ambitious. And original recordings, no more cover BS.

BUY IT!

Infraredragon
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow, $170 is very good, I was expecting it to be around the $300 mark. I don't mind paying a little more for the second guitar seeing as how it would still end up being about $80 less than what I was expecting to pay.

Time to start saving up! :hardcore:

Reclaimer
09-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Not bad at all. I was expecting much worse.
While I was waiting to buy Halo 3 Legendary, a kid asked me how could I spend so much on a game. My reply was simple. I have a good job.

I don't mind spending a few extra bones for something I know I'll enjoy the hell out of. As much as my friends and I played GH2, I know we'll get our money's worth out of Rock Band.

MXracer721
09-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Any pics of what the mic, guitar and drums look like?

Slowride
09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Wikipedia has pictures of it.

Variation-XBA
09-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Any pics of what the mic, guitar and drums look like?

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/802676bm.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/802677b.jpg
And the pic looks like a mic.

Guilty, you gunna be our bands Singer front man?? :D

GuiltySpark
09-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Guilty, you gunna be our bands Singer front man?? :D

Nooootttt so much.

Drummer though, ;)

Variation-XBA
09-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe we can get Max to sing for us... :whistle:

l Maximus l
10-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Maybe we can get Max to sing for us... :whistle:

hahaha....yeah, dude...I sing almost as good as Kurt Cobain! Hope you guys don't mind :p

It makes me wonder, though, how well the equipment is made...I mean, $170 for all of that? I was thinking along the lines of $300 or so, but, $170? The pictures look good, but, I definitely want to see this stuff in person....you know, break it down with an employee at Best Buy and a buddy of mine!

Oh, and yes, I will be singing.....and there will be no one shopping in the store any longer! :hardcore: