PDA

View Full Version : M rated game fan in need!

Dave
03-03-2002, 10:08 PM
I planned on buying Xbox on Gamecube originally. Xbox first odviously because it is the best buy in my opinion of the 3, but after that, I figured Cube would be a nice, cheap second consule to have. I saw Xbox as PS2 on steriods, so why would I ever really need PS2 whitch is 100 bucks more than the stronger Cube?

My plans have not changed yet, but Cube is on hold for a while, because if Box does not quench my thirst for M rated titles soon, I would have to pick PS2 over Cube, because no way in hell is Cube going too. I am not disappointed in Xbox at all, but I myself love games like GTA3 and State of Emergency. Not every game has to be like that but I need a few.

I consider Xbox #1 still, but for my M rated games titles I want, PS2 is hands down #1, Box a distant #2, and Cube never qualified, because I knew it was more a system aimed at kids. Is Box ever gonna get hardcore and have titles like GTA3 and State of Emergency, or should I just plan on buying PS2 over Cube to get titles like that? Don't wanna get PS2 if Box does go harcore on me, but don't want Cube if Xbox decides to be less M rated than PS2 either.

zeek39
03-03-2002, 10:15 PM
you know that gta 3 is coming out for xbox and PC right?

Dave
03-03-2002, 10:20 PM
No, I have seen no release date for GTA3, and I have no idea if it is released, if it will be edited due to content either myself? You tell me if and when those 2 things are guaranteed to happen and I'll be a happy camper.

zeek39
03-03-2002, 10:22 PM
There is no definite statement on the release date, but it will be released since the announcement has already been made. But as far as the editing of the content, that is just a rumor right now and its a dumb one because why would they decide to edit games now since the unedited game is already on another system

Dave
03-03-2002, 10:43 PM
I remember dumb rumors about RAW not having blood (yeah right!), or arena selections, or variety of matches, and completely insane dumb rumors about not being able to fight in the crowd when even the demo to RAW for Xbox even says you can take the fight into the crowd.

Those were at one time really dumb rumors that could no way be true, but guess what, they in fact were 100% accurate, so I take dumb rumors a little more seriously now, and claims of what is true a little less until I actually see it now.

zeek39
03-03-2002, 10:46 PM
I'm just saying wait a little longer till you know and don't spend your money so fast on a ps2..... actually I don't care about yer money hehe do whatever you want to

Toder
03-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Give it time. The xbox is still a new system and the PoS2 has been out for two years now. So they have the games to quench your need. I all i can say is give it time and everything will come to the xbox.

Dave
03-03-2002, 11:50 PM
I want to beat a **** down, take his car, shoot some joggers for the hell of it, pillage the village, pick up a ho, and shoot any cop or fireman who tries to stop me. I don't give a **** if it's politically correct or not. That's how far Box has to go. As far as Sony allready has gone, is what I mean by m rated, and nothing less.

If they want to go further, it's fine with me.

El Pollo Loco
03-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Ok i just want them to make bubble bobble for xbox! is that too much to ask?

Toder
03-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Dave
I want to beat a mothaf#cker down, take his car, shoot some joggers for the hell of it, pillage the village, pick up a ho, and shoot any cop or fireman who tries to stop me. I don't give a flying f*ck if it's politically correct or not. That's how far Box has to go. As far as Sony allready has gone, is what I mean by m rated, and nothing less.

If they want to go further, it's fine with me.

So Basicly this was just another GTA3 thread.

Dave
03-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Not just another GTA3 thread at all. I want to know where Microsoft stands. Sony has shown me they are m rated and have titles to prove it, Nintendo has shown me they are child friendly with titles to prove it, Microsoft right now falls in between the 2.

Don't give me the just another GTA3 thread ****. If Microsoft had some m rated games this topic would not even be here. Right now I here rumors that microsoft will grow a set of nuts, I have no proof yet. Don't knock me because my Xbox does not have my kinda games out yet, the way I understood it, I would allready be playing GTA 3 on my Xbox.

Toder
03-04-2002, 03:53 AM
Here is a list of M rated games already here or
coming out for xbox.

Crime Patrol - Digital Leisure - Adventure - May 02
Genma Onimusha - Capcom - Action - January 28th, 02
Giants - Interplay - Entertainment - Action - May 02
Half-Life 2 - To Be Announced - 3D Shooters - April 1st, 02
Halo - Microsoft - 3D Shooters - November 15th, 2001
Hitman 2 - Eidos Action - Fall 2002
Hunter: The Reckoning -Interplay Entertainment - Action May 02
Kabuki Warriors - Crave Entertainment - Fighting - Nov 15th,01
Max Payne - Rockstar Games - Action - Dec 11th, 01
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - Electronic Arts - Action May 02
MK: DA Midway - Home Entertainment - Fighting - Summer 02
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Activision - 3D Shooters - May 02
Savage Skies - bam! Entertainment - Action - May 02
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams - Konami - Adventure - Dec 20th, 01
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Ubi Soft - Action - May 02

And there will be plenty more to come.

How do you like them apples?

Toder
03-04-2002, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Dave
If Microsoft had some m rated games this topic would not even be here. Right now I here rumors that microsoft will grow a set of nuts, I have no proof yet.

The proof you want has been out ever since the xbox was released. Halo rated M for mature. Also got best game of the year. do you even play your xbox?

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
Ok i just want them to make bubble bobble for xbox! is that too much to ask?

I'd buy that in a second!

Frink
03-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Also there is Bloodrayne. That looks pretty M Rated to me. It is about a Nazi-killing half vampire half human secret agent. There is also Blood Omen 2. Well I just realized that there is a lot of vampire games coming to Xbox.

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Toder
coming out for xbox.

Kabuki Warriors - Crave Entertainment - Fighting - Nov 15th,01
Max Payne - Rockstar Games - Action - Dec 11th, 01
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - Electronic Arts - Action May 02
MK: DA Midway - Home Entertainment - Fighting - Summer 02
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Activision - 3D Shooters - May 02
Savage Skies - bam! Entertainment - Action - May 02
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams - Konami - Adventure - Dec 20th, 01
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Ubi Soft - Action - May 02

And there will be plenty more to come.

How do you like them apples?

Nice list, Toder...but, I can't believe you forgot to mention Unreal Championship!! I mean, you have a picture in your signature and everything!! :eek:

Also, DOOM is coming out, too :D

Toder
03-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Nice list, Toder...but, I can't believe you forgot to mention Unreal Championship!! I mean, you have a picture in your signature and everything!! :eek:

Also, DOOM is coming out, too :D

I didn't forget about Unreal Championship Maximus. I just didn't mentioned for one the XBA didn't have a rating for it yet and two my sig says it all.

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Brute Force is going to be the first to rival Bungie's Halo!!! So, watch out for this game due Spring 2002!!! :D

xboxmaster2002
03-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Toder
coming out for xbox.