PDA

View Full Version : Can You Play CD-R Media?

Skipper2
03-03-2002, 11:27 PM
I was thinking of purchasing an X-Box tommorow to replace my old PS1. One question I had was if you could play CD's that your burnt on a PC on the X-Box to listen to your favorite music that you recorded. I like the ability to take my favorite songs off my favore CD's and put them all on 1 CD. Can the X-Box play it back?

Thanks....

Dre
03-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately, the xbox cannot play MP3 cds. I have been unsuccessful at playing burnt audio cds as well but that could just be the type of CDR's I purchase. Your normal store bought audio cd's work fine though and you can save the tracks to the xbox to use as custom soundtracks in certain games.

Cheers,
Dre

DIGITAL
03-04-2002, 12:03 AM
cd rs dont work, but i heard cd rws work ,at least some,an if any one knows which ones please post it,cause i just got a burner

El Pollo Loco
03-04-2002, 10:11 AM
I use verbatim and Maxell CDRW's and they work fine. Just buy one and burn the wav files on it, copy to xbox and repeat. I've haven't had much luck with cdr's though.h

Capt Marvel
03-04-2002, 10:17 AM
Now I know you can't play MP3 on XBOX. bUT whay on earth cant you play MS WMA files.. They are MS and are about the same size as a mp3.. Or do they play??? anybody know

JJaX
03-04-2002, 10:20 AM
The Xbox searches the disc for Audio tracks. Not Mp3's or WMA files. As far as CD-R go, Some work some dont. But i know Most CD-RWs work fine.

Capt Marvel
03-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Ya but it would have been so cool to load those as tracks or burn to CDRW to play .. so much smaller ... could woulda shoulda I guess...

Kooster
03-04-2002, 10:46 AM
I burn mp3s on Maxell CDRWs and Xbox reads them fine.