PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth $500 to you?

Ainokeatoo
10-06-2007, 12:08 AM
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/88/22/24/50/0088222450933_500X500.jpg

Description
The Ultimate Halo 3™ Bundle includes:

The Halo 3™ Special Edition console is colored Spartan green with golden trim and features Halo graphics. It will include:

# Special Edition Console (Spartan green with golden trim and Halo graphics)
# Matching Halo 3™ Special Edition Wireless Controller
# Matching Halo 3trade; Special Edition Wired Headset
# HD Component Cable
# 20 GB Hard Drive
# HDMI Port
# Ethernet cable
# Xbox Live Silver (one free month of Xbox Live Gold)
# Play & Charge Kit (play and charge cable and rechargeable battery pack)
# Exclusive Halo 3™ Theme and Gamer Pics available via Xbox Live

Choose Your Halo 3™ Game:

# Halo 3™ Regular Edition
# Halo 3™ Collector?s Edition
# Halo 3™ Legendary Edition

Choose either:

# Halo 3™ Xbox 360 Live 12 month Gold Card
# Limited Edition Halo™3 Wireless Headset.

Microsoft Messenger Bag

So yeah, i'm looking to purchase another console x.x hopefully with halo 3, so yeah would this be worth getting? Or should I just get the elite?

l Maximus l
10-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I'd go with the Elite...same thing practically except you'll get a bigger hard-drive. Does the Elite come with the HD-DVD drive? If so, that would definitely be worth it.

Shawn-XBA
10-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I would go with the elite as well, but if that is only $500 and you choose the legendary edition that is a very good deal. Sounds to good to be true, are you sure on the price?

Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360 - $ 399.99
Halo 3 Legendary - $ 129.99
Halo 3 Wireless Headset - $ 59.99
Xbox 360 Messenger Bag - $ 49.99

Total - $ 639.96

I just looked at walmart.com if you choose everything above it comes to $ 579.10, but the messenger bag isn't the same one as above, still not a bad deal though. Your saving $ 10 and getting the messenger bag for free.

fome81
10-06-2007, 12:22 PM
but anything that has "halo" in it. be it halogen, halo__dont _know.

Ainokeatoo
10-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I would go with the elite as well, but if that is only $500 and you choose the legendary edition that is a very good deal. Sounds to good to be true, are you sure on the price?

Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360 - $ 399.99
Halo 3 Legendary - $ 129.99
Halo 3 Wireless Headset - $ 59.99
Xbox 360 Messenger Bag - $ 49.99

Total - $ 639.96

I just looked at walmart.com if you choose everything above it comes to $ 579.10, but the messenger bag isn't the same one as above, still not a bad deal though. Your saving $ 10 and getting the messenger bag for free.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, the elite is good, but it's only fifty bucks cheaper, plus the messenger bag is complimentary I believe and comes with the bundle. The thing looks nicer and comes with more stuff than the Elite... Although, I'm wondering, is there a difference between the console i'm looking at and the elite, hardware wise? I mean is there a difference other than the memory either one has?

Actually you know what, this is a hell of a lot more worth it, look at it this way, if I got the elite I then would have to get halo *because I really want that* which is alone 60 bucks then, I need to get another account which would be another 50 for a year long one, which I need to game with you guys. So all in all that's about $560 plus tax... But if I get this it's just 500 plus tax so xD thank you all ^^

SamSmith
10-06-2007, 03:41 PM
My cousin got it for free :) He's fairly high up on the worksheet @ MS

Variation-XBA
10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
is there a difference between the console i'm looking at and the elite, hardware wise? I mean is there a difference other than the memory either one has?

No, it's really the same hardware, but in the Elite you get the 120GB drive AND the HDMI cable, where in the Halo, you get the 20GB drive and NO HDMI Cable (but the port should you choose to use it later on)

If you have a nice tv and are going to use HDMI, get the Elite since a good cable is about $100 anyways, but if not, Halo it up, since they are going to be gone when they are sold out.

Does the Elite come with the HD-DVD drive? If so, that would definitely be worth it.

No, no 360 comes with the HD-DVD drive, nor will it anytime soon.

Reclaimer
10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't know. I wish it came with the bigger hard drive. I wonder if it has the smaller, redesigned CPU's to deal with the heat dissipation like the Elite ones do.

How much Halo crap do you possibly need? (Coming from the guy with a Legendary Edition Halo 3 Helmet in his living room!)

l Maximus l
10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
hahaha, Reclaimer...you know, I was actually going to go with the Legendary edition, too, but, something told me that I would be a freak if I did, so, I passed! lol...It had nothing to do with the price tag whatsoever...It's probably because my other non-gamer friends already give me a hard time because I have a freakin' Master Chief action figure that sits next to my 360...lol

Anyway, my best friend got one and I went to his house to watch football...well, a bunch of our mutual friends showed up to watch some NFL games (including the Seahawk game) and everyone, except me, was shaming him left and right for how geeky the helmet was! :rofl:

Don't get me wrong, I personally think it's pretty slick to have on display, but, man, he seriously got his nads booted in by our mutual brethren! hahahahahaha

Reclaimer
10-08-2007, 07:30 PM
hahaha, Reclaimer...you know, I was actually going to go with the Legendary edition, too, but, something told me that I would be a freak if I did, so, I passed! lol...It had nothing to do with the price tag whatsoever...It's probably because my other non-gamer friends already give me a hard time because I have a freakin' Master Chief action figure that sits next to my 360...lol

Anyway, my best friend got one and I went to his house to watch football...well, a bunch of our mutual friends showed up to watch some NFL games (including the Seahawk game) and everyone, except me, was shaming him left and right for how geeky the helmet was! :rofl:

Don't get me wrong, I personally think it's pretty slick to have on display, but, man, he seriously got his nads booted in by our mutual brethren! hahahahahaha

When I used to work here at XBA, Stephen sent me a first edition Halo action figure of an Elite. You know, those bigger action figures, not those little ones. He used to sit on my mantle for awhile. Later on a friend bought me a display of the Jesse James - West Coast Choppers Sturgis chopper that sat on its own display stand. The thing was really detailed and looked awesome.

I was looking at them both and realized that both the Elite and chopper where the same scale by coincidence.
Sure enough for the next few years on my mantle the Elite sat posed on the Sturgis bike with a plasma rifle in one hand and it's other on the handlebar grip.
It looked radical with the Elite riding the chopper on my mantle.

Sadly, years later hurricane Rita screwed all that up and ruined them both, but it was really neat. I wish I could have taken pictures of that, scanned it and made it into my signature here.

Mr.Jingles92
10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
naw
its not worth it
get an elite
it has a better everything
it has some fancy stuff that make it last 4ever without getting hot
the halo3 one is just a regular 360 with markings for halo3

Variation-XBA
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
the halo3 one is just a regular 360 with markings for halo3

Wrong actually, but good try :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
When I used to work here at XBA, Stephen sent me a first edition Halo action figure of an Elite. You know, those bigger action figures, not those little ones. He used to sit on my mantle for awhile. Later on a friend bought me a display of the Jesse James - West Coast Choppers Sturgis chopper that sat on its own display stand. The thing was really detailed and looked awesome.

I was looking at them both and realized that both the Elite and chopper where the same scale by coincidence.
Sure enough for the next few years on my mantle the Elite sat posed on the Sturgis bike with a plasma rifle in one hand and it's other on the handlebar grip.
It looked radical with the Elite riding the chopper on my mantle.

Sadly, years later hurricane Rita screwed all that up and ruined them both, but it was really neat. I wish I could have taken pictures of that, scanned it and made it into my signature here.

That's freakin' metal, dude...hahahaha

Unreal
10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
If I didn't have 2 360's already it would be worth it.